Tigers? Seriously?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Tigers? Seriously?

I can not WAIT for 11pm tomorrow night! The tioger fans realising they are in fact 1. NOT the best in the league ... 2. Are a LONG way from it.

1 good win in 25 years and they come out swingin!!

We are a better side (still after 12 years of dominating them)

Kosi and rooey will run riot ... what defender of theres can go with them? Not to mention the milne, saad and schnieder factor. (yes schnieds will play!)

Blake will run that mulleted, cross eyed, degenerate so hard his eyes will actually go normal for a few minutes!!

They will run into REAL taggersd in dempster and Jones ... the hardness of the saints will be too much and even without our best backman and ruckman WE WILL WIN EASILY. 30+ points.

As I said can NOT wait for the tiger letdown.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tigers? Seriously?

Schneids will play?

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

Good post . I love an optimist. Proudly confident.

Arrive early and warm your vocal chords, it will be very loud at the docks on Friday night.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Despite what the Channel 7 reporter said tonight (that we have won the 15 against the Tigers), our last game was a draw (I was on MI6 duty in Hobart). Prior to that, we had won the previous 13, a club record against any team. Without doubt, the skill differential has been steadily diminishing since 2006 when we beat them by 103 points (a club record against the Tigers). We will have to produce our A grade defensive game to stop their run. The bookies have it line ball or slightly in our favour. Which is about right. Go Saints!

SMS
Club Player

Saints by 43

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Saints by 43

Is there 2 of you. Arent you the bloke who lost the plot against the Hawks. I really hope you are 10 years old. And please dont post if we happen to lose tomorrow night.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This is a 50 50 game and I'd probably have them slight favourites. I don't think the tigers will fold like they have in the past or suffer any let down. Love to be wrong though.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Discher

First post so here goes . I've watched a couple of Richmond games as I have a couple of there blokes in super coach.
They're not the same rabble we've been beating up for god knows how long. They do have some players of concern.
Our mids will have to be switched right on as they do have some speed through there. There back line is full of nobody's but they are doing a good job. Fwds are crap we are fine there.

They do attack the ball hard same as us & I expect there will be some injurys both ways.
Reckon we'll outlast them in a slug fest but we will have to take far more seriously

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Hey Dish,

good to see you here at last.

:-)

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:This is a 50 50 game
That would have been a distinct possibility under our old coach but the scores will be much higher than that.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote:
That would have been a distinct possibility under our old coach but the scores will be much higher than that.
I see what you did there Kosi.....

Personally, I don't care how we do it, just want to win.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Underrated post

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Luckily the club won't be arrogant or stupid enough to take the Tigers lightly. They are a good side, playing good football and spanked Hawthorn last week.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

IMO, the key to stopping the Tigers is stopping J Riewoldt. Assuming that the Tigers play their usual style of game and don't flood, I believe we are likely to score at least 85 points, and possibly over 100. On my assessment, unless Riewoldt gets a bag, the Tigers are always going to struggle to kick over 100: they don't seem to have enough other strikepower in their forward line.

So, whoever plays on Jack needs to have one of their better games. Then we'll be pretty safe IMO.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
spert
Saintsational Legend

The Tiges are improving, but their forward line is very hit and miss, and their backs will have trouble with Roo and Kosi together in the forward line. The game will be won or lost in the midfield and I would like to see a really big effort from NDS and Montagna

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Casting my eye once again over the current Tigers lineup, they have some good individual players: Newman, Delidio, Riewoldt, Foley, Cotchin, Tuck (up to a point). But, taken all in all, there is more of a reliance on GOPs and developing youngsters than a club would ideally like to have. Even the Tigers midfield, which Watters has publicly identified as a threat, isn't clearly superior to ours.

But Hardwick has done a great job at getting them to work together as a team and I believe that, after many, many years of disappointment, the Tigers fans might at last have something to look forward to over the next few seasons. If the improvement continues, I reckon they'll really hit their stride come about 2014.

But we really should win tonight. If we don't, it isn't because we aren't good enough but because we haven't put in the effort (or perhaps are unlucky with injury or bad umpiring: the former is always a possibility at Etihad and the latter is a probability anywhere, any time).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
rexy
SS Life Member

Very big test of charachter for our boys tonight, I expect them to hit in really hard at therstoppages and rotate through furiously to keep fresh legs. Big key for us will be the ability of Roo to really blow up Rance and dominate him late in quarters. Also the ability of Millera Saad and Milne to keep the ball out of the hands of Houli, Newman and Deledio as alot of their attack starts from these guys. Like the side as named and expect to see Cripps or Newnes start as sub rather than Sipposs this week.

Maybe this year?
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Discher wrote:First post so here goes . I've watched a couple of Richmond games as I have a couple of there blokes in super coach.
They're not the same rabble we've been beating up for god knows how long. They do have some players of concern.
Our mids will have to be switched right on as they do have some speed through there. There back line is full of nobody's but they are doing a good job. Fwds are crap we are fine there.

They do attack the ball hard same as us & I expect there will be some injurys both ways.
Reckon we'll outlast them in a slug fest but we will have to take far more seriously
Thoughtful and balanced analysis, Discher. You won't last long here.

jays
Club Player

should win at least 30+ imo

AlSnoww

I don't support either team, but if you guys serously think you will win that easily, your crazy. How do you expect to win so easily with no ruckman?? Can't get away with it. They have a ruckman in hot form, a dam good midfield, not the best, but damn good. You guys, if you win, IF, it will only be by a point or 2. If anyone is gonna blow anyone away i think they will make a mess of your guys. Don't tink etihad will be a factor or past history. it means zilch. This will be bloody hard for your boys to win. No saying yu arn't a chance, but the stats say richmond is the better side. Your mob can't keep beetng them forever. they will ge one back sooner or later. Tonight is the night. Tigers by 30+

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

AlSnoww wrote:I don't support either team, but if you guys serously think you will win that easily, your crazy. How do you expect to win so easily with no ruckman?? Can't get away with it. They have a ruckman in hot form, a dam good midfield, not the best, but damn good. You guys, if you win, IF, it will only be by a point or 2. If anyone is gonna blow anyone away i think they will make a mess of your guys. Don't tink etihad will be a factor or past history. it means zilch. This will be bloody hard for your boys to win. No saying yu arn't a chance, but the stats say richmond is the better side. Your mob can't keep beetng them forever. they will ge one back sooner or later. Tonight is the night. Tigers by 30+
Signing up to an opposition's forum is a bit weird isn't it? It's a St Kilda forum so obviously there will be some bias. And we seemed to cope alright the last few weeks without a recognised ruckman. I could really pick your silly post to pieces however I'll leave it with a couple of minor points. The stats do not point to Richmond being the better side and past history does in fact suggest that Etihad will be a factor. Saints by 20 points. Anyway carry on.

Last edited by Old Mate on Fri 01 Jun 2012 4:45pm, edited 3 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

AlSnoww wrote:I don't support either team, but if you guys serously think you will win that easily, your crazy. How do you expect to win so easily with no ruckman?? Can't get away with it. They have a ruckman in hot form, a dam good midfield, not the best, but damn good. You guys, if you win, IF, it will only be by a point or 2. If anyone is gonna blow anyone away i think they will make a mess of your guys. Don't tink etihad will be a factor or past history. it means zilch. This will be bloody hard for your boys to win. No saying yu arn't a chance, but the stats say richmond is the better side. Your mob can't keep beetng them forever. they will ge one back sooner or later. Tonight is the night. Tigers by 30+

Strange person.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

If the Tigers win by 30+ I'll eat my hat. It won't be easy for us, including because they have a pretty good midfield and a ruckman in good form (although, remember, Hawthorn have a very poor ruck division so his display last week wasn't necessarily the best form guide in history). But, if there's going to be a 30 point blowout, it's more likely to be to us. The Tigers defence is still pretty questionable and their forward line is not that terrific. If they really dominate in the midfield, they'll win, but not by a heap of points IMO.

We'll see. Good luck to the Tigers if they do beat us, because it will show that they have genuinely improved and they are surely due a win against us.

- Jonathan Swift
SMS
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:

HA pissa!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Tigers beat hawks with accurate kicking, or Hawks lost through inaccuracy. We need to keep composed while trying to unsettle them and keep them from getting their tails up.