Crucial umpiring call against us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Crucial umpiring call against us

A 50 meter call drags us back when we were running for an open goal.

Not the umpire's fault. Split second decision. But, on the whole, the rub of the green went against us tonight.

Not that the media will write it up that way.

Good luck to the Tigers. They're quite a good team. The win wasn't undeserved, but we could so easily have snatched it.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crucial umpiring call against us

Tigers deserved to win however a good effort from our boys.

Beaten but not disgraced. Undermanned in the ruck and down back, behind all night, 3 6 day breakes in a row and we still manage to break even with the Tigers in the 4th qtr.

7 straight points cruelled us in the third quarter but nobody can say we are a spent force.

Really enjoyed the game and was proud of our fight.

5-5 is not disasterous and to only get beaten by 8 points was a pretty fair effort.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Tigers deserved to win however a good effort from our boys.

Beaten but not disgraced. Undermanned in the ruck and down back, behind all night, 3 6 day breakes in a row and we still manage to break even with the Tigers in the 4th qtr.

7 straight points cruelled us in the third quarter but nobody can say we are a spent force.

5-5 is not disasterous and to only get beaten by 8 points was a pretty fair effort.
True Joffa I agree but these are the games that leave you 9th...along with Freo/Port.

Unfortunately just not good enough on the night - reality was Richmond were the better side, led every change and we countered (and did well all night) to doso.

Even when we hit the front - the way centre clearances were going you felt they were going to score again..

5-5...bout where we are in reality, mid table.

“Yeah….nah””
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Not good enough simple as that.

SS Hall of Fame

We never gave up, that's for sure. Better days ahead. Get a few players back, our game plan will flourish.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Not good enough simple as that.

Are you 12?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I disagree, I thought we were good enough. We were a little unlucky. As it turned out, the two teams were pretty evenly matched.

Blake, our #1 ruckman, was also the only guy who could keep Jack R quiet. If one of Fisher, Stanley, or McEvoy had been fit, we'd have been ok.

Has Blake got a heart or what!!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Blakey was everywhere. Back with no 8 in the third quarter and kept him quiet, back in the ruck to get us back in the game towards the end. Gilbert was in the ruck for a while. That's what I call depleted.

Fisher and McEvoy big outs for our structure.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Not the umpire's fault. Split second decision. But, on the whole, the rub of the green went against us tonight.
that's complete crap. we ended up with far more important frees than they did. watch the replay and try to open both eyes - we got all the luck from the umpires.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
meher baba wrote:Not the umpire's fault. Split second decision. But, on the whole, the rub of the green went against us tonight.
that's complete crap. we ended up with far more important frees than they did. watch the replay and try to open both eyes - we got all the luck from the umpires.

Yes , we got the rub of the green

In red white and black from 73
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Are you 12?
No I'm 13. Are you retarted?

Umpiring was hideous.... Really.

But it made NO difference, they won the footy, therefore the game

3 clear mistakes that were ultimately costly, and have changed the holding the ball rule again. Newspaper umpiring.
And they have now turned on St. Nick

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Even when they gave us the 50m penalties they couldn't get it right.

Milera marks about 7 metres forward of the back edge of the square and they pay 50 and set the mark about 5 metres short of the front edge of the square.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

8856brother wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Are you 12?
No I'm 13. Are you retarted?
Get the spelling books out.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:I disagree, I thought we were good enough. We were a little unlucky. As it turned out, the two teams were pretty evenly matched.

Blake, our #1 ruckman, was also the only guy who could keep Jack R quiet. If one of Fisher, Stanley, or McEvoy had been fit, we'd have been ok.

Has Blake got a heart or what!!!

Agree with this, Tigers having dream run with injuries and form, take Jack or Maric out of the game and can you see Vickery kicking a bag??! Tigers field kicking was a disgrace at times, our kicking for goal let us down once again. But I dont think there was much in it tonight, based on tonight, Richmond are assured of 9th spot once again!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote: Are you 12?
No I'm 13. Are you retarted?[/quote]

Twice you have used the offensive term retarded in a thread so I would say that you are probably 12.

You post like infantile child.

Lance or James??

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I think the rules state that you can't play on with the advantage rule once given a 50m penalty.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thought the montagna marking contest was hilarious..... Joey goes how was that a mark?..... The idiot goes, he controlled it..... Joey you sure, check the replay....... Ump, I don't want to see the replay...

Not sure you do either.

cross2012
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Tigers deserved to win however a good effort from our boys.

True Joffa I agree but these are the games that leave you 9th...along with Freo/Port.

Unfortunately just not good enough on the night - reality was Richmond were the better side, led every change and we countered (and did well all night) to doso.

Even when we hit the front - the way centre clearances were going you felt they were going to score again..

5-5...bout where we are in reality, mid table.

Great summation. 3 x 6 day breaks, undermanned yet were in it up to the end. Had more scoring shots and if they had taken a few opportunities the result could have been different. Cant question their heart. Get a few back and we can challenge anyone

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

our kicking for goal was the major reason for our loss tonight and has cost us dearly in the past....our tackling was there but was soft, must tackle the arms.
Apart from some unusual umpiring and no rucks we did ok. When we meet again and kick straight with a full side we will win.

Anyone noticed how many times Roo was dragged out marking contests near goal? The Umps saw it once.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sat 02 Jun 2012 12:29am, edited 1 time in total.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Thought the montagna marking contest was hilarious..... Joey goes how was that a mark?..... The idiot goes, he controlled it..... Joey you sure, check the replay....... Ump, I don't want to see the replay...

Not sure you do either.
Yeah, that was laughable. Problem is, they love getting in the game don't they? Bit like the runner free-kick. Umps chance to wave the rule book. Sensible umpiring would be, poor kick, you take the consequences.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote: No I'm 13. Are you retarted?
You you must be because you can't spell. Noob!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:our kicking for goal was the major reason for our loss tonight and has cost us dearly in the past....our tackling was there but was soft, must tackle the arms.
Apart from some unusual umpiring and no rucks we did ok. When we meet again and kick straight with a full side we will win.

Anyone noticed how many times Roo was dragged out marking contests near goal? The Umps saw it once.
Yep rance didn't watch the ball all night

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Thought the montagna marking contest was hilarious..... Joey goes how was that a mark?..... The idiot goes, he controlled it..... Joey you sure, check the replay....... Ump, I don't want to see the replay...

Not sure you do either.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh No!!!!!! I have a bad feeling... just had a flashback of Schneids giving it to the umpie and mocking him with a bit of applause....I suppose that means Joey is fu#ked...don't expect Joey to get any free kicks for the rest of the year

Fazer
Club Player

In the first quarter on our half foward flank Milne clearly gets tripped - no free, Richmond run the ball down and score a goal. By the way does retarted mean you've been give additional tarts??