Goddard's next fortnight........... !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Goddard's next fortnight........... !!

........Could be taken up with contract talks. He needs to make a decision (either way) soon so that the club can move on with our direction for 2013 & beyond. It's time for the club to stand up and say "WE NEED TO KNOW" thereby showing that the tail DOESN'T wag the dog.

This is assuming that a decision hasn't been made !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard's next fortnight........... !!

Eastern wrote:........Could be taken up with contract talks. He needs to make a decision (either way) soon so that the club can move on with our direction for 2013 & beyond. It's time for the club to stand up and say "WE NEED TO KNOW" thereby showing that the tail DOESN'T wag the dog.

This is assuming that a decision hasn't been made !!
yeah but maybe its the club holding things up because they are delaying him to see how much $ left in cap to pay him thay have - and they wont know until they sort out other contracts first... so 2 way street.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

been made going to gws.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

if he accepts it means his 200th will be played in Victoria- against the dogs- unless he contests and loses- - Pies @!@!

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
tglennisback

What happened with that shot for a goal last night? Forty metres out, nearly directly in front. I backed him in, then he shanks it. I can't see Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, bloody LRT doing something like that!

melton girl
Club Player

must have been the new boots

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

tglennisback wrote:What happened with that shot for a goal last night? Forty metres out, nearly directly in front. I backed him in, then he shanks it. I can't see Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, bloody LRT doing something like that!

could have been the knee injury that required strapping..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

tglennisback wrote:What happened with that shot for a goal last night? Forty metres out, nearly directly in front. I backed him in, then he shanks it. I can't see Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, bloody LRT doing something like that!
I'm sure Swan missed a sitter, doing a crapola kick just like Goddards - in the last week or two.

Why are you giving 3 Coll players as examples - are you a Coll supporter?

Hold your ground :shock:
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He ran too close to the man on the mark. The simple things desert the best players when their head is packed with doubt. He should have been placed at full back at the start of the season. I saw him having an argument with one of the runners at one stage. I must admit, I couldn't figure out what his role was on the night.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully it's only a week...

kalsaint
Club Player

Brendan has been a very agbgry man in recent weeks and opposition teams have nobbled him and targeted his poor behaviour this year. He needs to get over that and find some form and show true leadership or he might not be so appreciated by the Gold Coasts and GWA at season's end. His value has been declining quickly with his temper tantrums.

Needs to grow up a bit and get his focus back on the ball and his kicking for good clearance play.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Moods
Saintsational Legend

I am starting to think that BJ is a flat track bully who can't handle playing on an opponent. I may have to get out some DVD's of 09/10 to remind myself that he can actually play. Was he a sook back then? Hard to remember.

Not sure what he wants as a contract, but on current form isn't worth much more than 300k a year. I would give him $450k a year. When you look at it though, how many really good years has he had? For mine he's been in the system since 2003. He's played 10 years of footy and had 3 maybe 4 really good years. He's never won our B&F.

I'm starting to get fed up with him. I can cop him being out of form (even if that bad form extends for 18 months.....) but I'm sick of seeing him carrying on like a sook on the ground. That smack to Wright, was selfish, self indulgent rubbish and has cost our team massively

Learn to deal with an opponent BJ! You want to get paid elite money then deal with opponents like all elite players do. We need you right now. Grow up or go to GWS and we'll roll the dice with a couple of youngsters who are highly regarded I reckon.

St Lenny
Club Player

See how much we miss him in the next two weeks and people might realise he is not that bad.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:Brendan has been a very agbgry man in recent weeks
I hope your cold clears up soon!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:See how much we miss him in the next two weeks and people might realise he is not that bad.
How can we miss him? He's been doing stuff all.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Superstar
Club Player

Moods wrote:I am starting to think that BJ is a flat track bully who can't handle playing on an opponent. I may have to get out some DVD's of 09/10 to remind myself that he can actually play. Was he a sook back then? Hard to remember.

He's always been a heart on sleeve type player. some times this spills over and he gets the sooks up.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I agree with what they're saying. A major disappointment since the 2010 GF's. Not sure what has happened to him. Started to believe his own publicity? Other clubs have decided he can't that have much space and have worked on shutting him down? Who knows? All I know is that right now, we don't need front runners

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

He used to always get tagged at half back - but would overcome/fix up the taggers by taking them to the forward line and monstering them.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

MCG-Unit wrote:
I'm sure Swan missed a sitter, doing a crapola kick just like Goddards - in the last week or two.

If it was the one that fell short. Kicking boot hit the ground on the way through taking a divot out the turf

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Griggsy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

If it was the one that fell short. Kicking boot hit the ground on the way through taking a divot out the turf
Yes that's def the one - didn't realize Swan's boot hit the ground, looked very ordinary. With Goddard, I think he ran too close to the man on the mark, not the first time it's happened with the Saints.....

Hold your ground :shock:
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I am starting to think that BJ is a flat track bully who can't handle playing on an opponent. I may have to get out some DVD's of 09/10 to remind myself that he can actually play. Was he a sook back then? Hard to remember.

Not sure what he wants as a contract, but on current form isn't worth much more than 300k a year. I would give him $450k a year. When you look at it though, how many really good years has he had? For mine he's been in the system since 2003. He's played 10 years of footy and had 3 maybe 4 really good years. He's never won our B&F.

I'm starting to get fed up with him. I can cop him being out of form (even if that bad form extends for 18 months.....) but I'm sick of seeing him carrying on like a sook on the ground. That smack to Wright, was selfish, self indulgent rubbish and has cost our team massively

Learn to deal with an opponent BJ! You want to get paid elite money then deal with opponents like all elite players do. We need you right now. Grow up or go to GWS and we'll roll the dice with a couple of youngsters who are highly regarded I reckon.
Agree
and thats why i'm over him .
We should offer him 500 k and if he doesn't except , either trade him or get compensation picks from his free agency !
the last two years he hasn't been in the top 50 players , he's almost becoming an average player the way he's sucked in by taggers .

In red white and black from 73
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So many reasons.

Contract talks, he's signed, he doesn't care, he's struggling with taggers, average player....

I'll add one.

Maybe that hip injury he sustained Rd 1 last year and carried the entire season led to his form being down, and the fact he missed the preseason due to being on crutches for 6 weeks, has a caused a long than (even he expected) return to form.

Perhaps it's not the popular one, because wishing to see the back of him is the trend right now?
Last edited by SainterK on Wed 04 Jul 2012 12:53am, edited 1 time in total.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:So many reasons.

Contract talks, his signed, he doesn't care, he's struggling with taggers, average player....

I'll add one.

Maybe that hip injury he sustained Rd 1 last year and carried the entire season led to his form being down, and the fact he missed the preseason due to being on crutches for 6 weeks, has a caused a long than (even he expected) return to form.

Perhaps it's not the popular one, because wishing to see the back of him is the trend right now?
+1 ..... I think this is more on the mark.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

I'd be inclined to trade him and get some high draft picks. The mail is that he'll be staying though. Hopefully the club can negotiate a fair salary. The imbeciles that organised Kosi's and Gram's contracts have hopefully gone.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!