Heard some information

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Heard some information

Just bumped into a fellow Saints supporter, just noticed him because he was wearing a 2012 cap.
Got talking about Sunday's disappointment, and according to him, he heard from one of the physios that Kosi wasn't the only one suffering from the effects of the flu on Sunday.
Yes I know, this info could be a sreliable as someone telling me what next Saturday's lotto numbers are going to be, but it would explain the lack of run in the second half from many of the players.
Mind you it would be typical of our luck, other teams have the bye and get to rest, our team catches the flu.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Heard some information

I think someone said it one of the football programs?

Ferguson tweeted today he is home sick...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I don't believe they had the flu. They wouldn't be able to get out of bed let alone play footy
If it was that bad.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
FQF
SS Life Member

Excuses.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

FQF wrote:Excuses.
Probably why no one at the club mentioned it. Don't want to give excuses. Trainers mouthing off is hardly official. Wouldn't surprise me though.
Last edited by Verdun66 on Tue 03 Jul 2012 10:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

2012 cap?

It must be the truth.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Would be ironic if true. The crows had it the week before when they played North.

defacto
Club Player

dont want to hear the excuse tbh and i hope it doesnt fly at the club either

once you cross the line, your good to go. if youre not well enough, be a man, tell the coach.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Watters said about Kosi that nobody is 100%. Well, there are players in our VFL feeder whose efforts would be better than Kosi's three handballs & 4 vomits. Come on, would Brett Lee play if he had a groin strain ? "Lee is not 100% but we think he will be competitive". Is Watters now infected by the Saints' disease of settling for "near enough"?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Watters said about Kosi that nobody is 100%. Well, there are players in our VFL feeder whose efforts would be better than Kosi's three handballs & 4 vomits. Come on, would Brett Lee play if he had a groin strain ? "Lee is not 100% but we think he will be competitive". Is Watters now infected by the Saints' disease of settling for "near enough"?
Love it. more vomits than possies!

Pathetic decision to play Kosi. No excuses on that Watters.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Watters said about Kosi that nobody is 100%. Well, there are players in our VFL feeder whose efforts would be better than Kosi's three handballs & 4 vomits. Come on, would Brett Lee play if he had a groin strain ? "Lee is not 100% but we think he will be competitive". Is Watters now infected by the Saints' disease of settling for "near enough"?

Unlike a sore leg which a doctor or physio would be able to diagnose I would have thought that only person knows how sick they feel and that is the player. I cannot see how we can blame the coach if a player says he is fit to go.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Unlike a sore leg which a doctor or physio would be able to diagnose I would have thought that only person knows how sick they feel and that is the player. I cannot see how we can blame the coach if a player says he is fit to go.
Maybe you're right. Unless of course If Kosi looked like Shyte in which case he should've been grilled re his health. He still may have lied though of course!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sometimes you're forced to make a judgement call.

I doubt Koz, as a bloke who has little care for his own person when he dons the jumper, would say 'I'm too crook, boss.' Doctors, Coaches etc all make a call. They made a poor one, but it probably seems the right one before they made the call. But frankly what we were doing with Koz, Mac, Blake and Stanley all in the same team had me shaking my head last Thursday night...I'm sure there were reasons though.

Fact is none of us have a clue why certain things happen when it comes to selections.

And if a number were sick it's not an excuse, it's a reason. Our fitness has been a feature this year. We tailed off badly against Nth. UnSaintly. Having a limited bench certainly didn't assist things. If a couple were crook, it's a fairly solid explanation.

Selectors won't be so bullish next time.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

It may also be the case of numbers, there may have been a feeling that most would have been over it by Sunday. In reality we only have three emergencies and two of those we're used, possibly because both Jones and Sipposs we're crook.
We wouldn't have been able to make a raft of changes once the final team is announced.
Gee it reminds of the 1972 prelim, we we're looking good, got a weeks rest due to Richmond Carlton drawing the 2nd Semi, and what happened with our week off, half the team got the flu.
Played better than Carlton for 3 quarters but got run down in the end.
Don't know whats sadder, the fact that I remember that, or I'm old enough to remember that.
North must be under a lucky star though, two weeks in a row they got to play teams that had a rather nasty virus go through them.
If I we're West Coast, I'd be putting their players into quarantine.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: Unlike a sore leg which a doctor or physio would be able to diagnose I would have thought that only person knows how sick they feel and that is the player. I cannot see how we can blame the coach if a player says he is fit to go.
I think its not too difficult for a doctor to diagnose illness either... Fluid, temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, breathing, all things pretty easy to monitor for a doctor... Probably easier to diagnose than a physical injury actually...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Ferguson tweeted today he is home sick...
So looks like we may lose him to the Swans also... :roll: :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kosi has the flu every week it seems.
So did Wilkes have it too?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Surely Scotty has a thermometer.

They may have very well all had the flu, that's the way they played. I hope certainly hope they did.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

their a team guys if they where all/alot of em sick they can't pull out, the game is on. like when anyone is feeling sh%t but not i can't get out of bed sh%t you still go in to work even though you're not 100% u always answer your manager or director i'm ok, well i do... think under this info I was a little out of line in some of my comments about Sunday if this is true.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I am SO sick of everyone knocking Kozi. The guy obviously was sick and spewed up 4 times while playing. He's given his heart and soul to this club.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I thought the club gets slugged with a fine if they change the team after the deadline. I don't know who has to wear the blame, i just hope they learn a lesson and not play anyone who is under a cloud !

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:I thought the club gets slugged with a fine if they change the team after the deadline. I don't know who has to wear the blame, i just hope they learn a lesson and not play anyone who is under a cloud !

Can change up until they run out I thought.

Thats why we have emergencies.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:I thought the club gets slugged with a fine if they change the team after the deadline. I don't know who has to wear the blame, i just hope they learn a lesson and not play anyone who is under a cloud !

Can change up until they run out I thought.

Thats why we have emergencies.
90m Minutes

thankfully Scott does it within the time allowed and not after- and we don't get fined - unlike the previous incumbant who enabled us to be the most heavily fined club over recent years for simple thing which could be controlled.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Unless they vomit in front of you .... which be becomes fairly clear something ain't right...

“Yeah….nah””