Freo to target Goddard...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Freo to target Goddard...

According to Barrett (I know reliability an issue but its a slow Thurs...) Cloke set to re-sign and Freo will then turn up heat on Goddard who Barrett insists has not been interested in commencing negotiations with saints yet...apparently wont be offering Goddard $1m but more than what we can afford....

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Freo to target Goddard...

the blokes a turd......anyone with half a brain would know that that other turd would be after bj....bj's not interested....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
shmic_s
Club Player

He also said Goddard hadn't started negotiations with Saints as he wanted to see how they went under the new direction of Watters. Said he's happy with how things are going and expects him to sign with the Saints.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:He also said Goddard hadn't started negotiations with Saints as he wanted to see how they went under the new direction of Watters. Said he's happy with how things are going and expects him to sign with the Saints.

:oops: ...but still....what i said...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:He also said Goddard hadn't started negotiations with Saints as he wanted to see how they went under the new direction of Watters. Said he's happy with how things are going and expects him to sign with the Saints.
Didnt hear him say expects him to sign with saints.........

Stopped at "hes happy with way things have gone..."

Freo must have shyte load cash...IF hypothetically this occured............Freo got anything we'd want for Goddard?

“Yeah….nah””
Moods
Saintsational Legend

As far as I'm concerned Goddard can sign very quickly or F..k off.

Who the hell does he think he is holding the club to ransom? Travis Cloke?

savatage
SS Life Member

Whatever outcome happens as long as it helps the club out I couldn't care less or wish to stress about contract negotiations. Players come & go, this is reality.

Goddard is a great player at his best, but he's been nowhere near his best & he's not worth killing our salary cap over. Look at teams like Geelong, premiership teams where no-one is paid over the odds. Ablett wants a million? f*** off to another club. Did it hurt Geelong? Did it kill St.Kilda when Lockett left?

There are so many real day to day problems in peoples lives - do people really stress out about this stuff 24/7? If Goddard recaptures his form great....if he wants a ridiculous sum of money where it hampers our salary cap - there's the door.
Last edited by savatage on Thu 12 Jul 2012 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Freo must have shyte load cash...IF hypothetically this occured............Freo got anything we'd want for Goddard?
A player of equal ability ... not sure they have one.

defacto
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Freo must have shyte load cash...IF hypothetically this occured............Freo got anything we'd want for Goddard?
absolutely nothing.

theyre in a similar position to us. ageing spine. younger mids/HBF/HFF.

shmic_s
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Yeah fair call. Maybe the red wine has given me rose coloured glasses.
"He's happy with the way things have gone..."

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A first round draft pick and one of their ruckmen..... Smith, Griffen would do it for me.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A first round draft pick and one of their ruckmen..... Smith, Griffen would do it for me.

Hmm.....if they dont make 8 (hard to see them not make it with their draw....).......a first rounder and a ruckman would be nice......although do we know anything bout these 2?

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Barrett also reckons gws having a sneaky look at Reid from Pies who after signing Cloke (hope he bleeds them..), Beams, Wellingham.......might struggle for coin left...(Id keep Reid before Wellingham if I had no choice but..)

Reid would be nice....

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Fremantle have said they are in the market for a key forward. How ironic would it be if BJ went and was played in that role after Ross steadfastly refused to use him there for us.

IMO he is potentially an 80-goal a year player.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Fremantle have said they are in the market for a key forward. How ironic would it be if BJ went and was played in that role after Ross steadfastly refused to use him there for us.

From what Ive seen.........Im not sure how his temper would handle constant backman pressure......and the smacks cross the head Riewoldt gets.....not convinced...

“Yeah….nah””
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand how this is news !
Bj has been linked to freo on this forum for the last three months . If he goes there or anywhere else then whoopy do ! As long as the club get something for him .
He's worth half a million nothing more .
His best football is worth more however it hasn't been seen since 2010 .
Has he had a three brownlow vote match in the last two years ?

In red white and black from 73
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Fremantle have said they are in the market for a key forward. How ironic would it be if BJ went and was played in that role after Ross steadfastly refused to use him there for us.

From what Ive seen.........Im not sure how his temper would handle constant backman pressure......and the smacks cross the head Riewoldt gets.....not convinced...
Well let's hope we never get the opportunity to find out.

andrewg
Club Player

stinger wrote:

:oops: ...but still....what i said...
Exactly right on BJ wanting to see how we go. Definitely no offer from freo just GWS.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

doubt that very very much. BJ is not half the forward Roo is and never will be. He couldn't hack the heat of being double teamed..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

doubt that very very much. BJ is not half the forward Roo is and never will be. He couldn't hack the heat of being double teamed..
i was thinking more full forward. He's a superb kick and mark and knows where to lead. Just a very clever player. Anyway, it's worth pointing out that the Dockers have said publicly they are in the market for a key forward. That makes me wonder

Richter
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
BigMart wrote:A first round draft pick and one of their ruckmen..... Smith, Griffen would do it for me.

Hmm.....if they dont make 8 (hard to see them not make it with their draw....).......a first rounder and a ruckman would be nice......although do we know anything bout these 2?
Goddard's a free agent at the end of the year. If he agrees to join Freo on coin we can't match, Freo will give us diddly squat. At best we'd get an AFL produced compensation pick.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
kimberly saint
Club Player

savatage wrote:Whatever outcome happens as long as it helps the club out I couldn't care less or wish to stress about contract negotiations. Players come & go, this is reality.

Goddard is a great player at his best, but he's been nowhere near his best & he's not worth killing our salary cap over. Look at teams like Geelong, premiership teams where no-one is paid over the odds. Ablett wants a million? f*** off to another club. Did it hurt Geelong? Did it kill St.Kilda when Lockett left?

There are so many real day to day problems in peoples lives - do people really stress out about this stuff 24/7? If Goddard recaptures his form great....if he wants a ridiculous sum of money where it hampers our salary cap - there's the door.
get this man on the board +1000

cannavaro17
Club Player

I saw Goddard today on bridge rd..... Told him he is a superstar and to stay with the saints ..... He shook my hand lol

Winmar
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm confused.

Brendon has said the club hasn't approached him yet.

Barrett saying he hasn't approached the club yet.

Which is it?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:There are so many real day to day problems in peoples lives - do people really stress out about this stuff 24/7?
Including in his, which is why I am always surprised that people think he is brooding over a contract.