I'm Confused?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm Confused?

Well I'm confused. I was out all day and the only contact with the game I had was through scores via my phone. I raced home with about 10 minutes to play. I was told by the commentators that it was a tight game. What I gleaned via the telecast in the last 10 minutes was that Goddard had been quiet (except last 1/4) Lenny had been quiet (except last 1/4) Riewoldt wasn't sighted and neither was Kosi or Saad.

Milney kicked 5.

Up till 5 minutes to go we were 4 points down. To see them roll over like that was also confusing, frustrating and infuriating.

Who DID play well though? Plenty are bagging BJ and others are saying he had plenty of mates. Well we were 4 points down interstate against the top team with 5 minutes to go. Someone must have done something right other than Milne? How did we mange to stay with them for so long with so many passengers?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm Confused?

BJ had a very good last quarter however was very poor in the first three quarters. Jones, Milne and Dempster clearly our best. Most of our mids were destroyed by their opponents.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

well put OM,

other issue was our two tall forwards... no real impact again. apart from trying to kill each other.... roo and kosi lead in differnt directions please!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Milne gave us the lead in the first and got us back into it in the last. Hayes lifted again in the final quarter after a quiet day as did Goddard and Montagna. Gilbert was quite good all day and Schneider could have been the matchwinner had he kicked straight (0.4).

We were fortunate Sydney didn't pile on the goals in the first half and they were fortunate we didn't in the 2nd. Until the final 5 minutes of the match we had dominated the second half while Sydney stole several cheap goals from terrible free kicks.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Milne best on ground. Dempster close behind. Raffle for the rest, although Hayes and Fisher and Schnadzo did some good things at times.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

We were gutsy but ultimately found wanting against a very good team on the road. Very similar to Adelaide and West Coast games

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:... How did we mange to stay with them for so long with so many passengers?
Stephen Milne - five unbelievable goals
Lenny Hayes - the only player who got any clearances for us.
Sean Dempster - great judgement and he takes contested marks
Tom Simpkin - see above

Oh, I almost forgot, Shane McInerney, the field umpire who said "we" thought it was touched after the goal umpire was about to give it a goal. There is a reason that the goal umpire is called "the goal umpire". Shane was the umpire, who in the 2004 PF, paid the "high" free to Wanganeen after he ducked his head, and then proceeded to call play on for any other obvious free to the Saints. He's either completely incompetent or a dead set cheat.

And that was about all.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

on the telecast, at one point in the 3rd qtr they said "time in fwd 50- saints 82%" I was shocked, it didnt seem that much, and why didn't we kick more goals ?
(Schneids, I'm wating for your response)
Kosi elbowed Roo quite hard in the jaw in a marking contest. Trainer went out to see Roo, who removed his mouthguard, he was in obvious pain.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

re that goal which was called back by the field umpire, perfectionist is right, the "goal umpire" has a job and so does the "field" umpire.
I can't remember the last time a goal umpire told a field umpire about an infringement in the square.
Field umpire should do his own friggin job. FFS.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Best game for the year by Dempster. Was the glue of our defense.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Sydney should have buried us by half-time, very lucky to still be in it at that point.

Then, we have multiple chances to make them pay for their inaccuracy and we can't hit the side of a barn.

Missed opportunity.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I would also like to give a mention to Sam Gilbert, he seemed to go from forward line to back line to forward line but at least he was trying to get into the play.

As for Goddard, him and his green shoes are booked out of here.

jays
Club Player

At home we would have them covered

paddy
Club Player

dunell was good again....

unfortunate miss at goal, but a great set of hands...

good find..

my concern is that we rely far too heavily on lenny to win clearances.... who takes the job when he leaves?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I had to attend a function at a winery out in the sticks past Ballarat. Unfortunately it was an early game so when you're being served lunch and speeches follow, there's not much opportunity to try and follow what's happening live. Hardly any phone coverage out there, let alone 3G coverage for update scores, so I had to duck out to the car. It was half way through the 3rd quarter and clearly we were in this up to our necks. I went back and forth up until 10 minutes to go, when I stayed put and barracked my arse off in the car on my lonesome.

What a let down. That final score was salt in the wound. I'm gutted!! I need to sit down and watch a replay, but the first thing that comes to mind with Roo and Kosi being innefective is that the SCG can only carry 1 bloke as the go to forward or a traditional FF. Why the hell don't they talk out there. Reeks of poor on field communication or outright poor leadership. The generals do the job in the backline, and it's up to the forwards to get the job done in the forward line. Bad planning, bad teamwork, poor leadership.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

R%iewoldts leadership style is based on:
-playing when not fit
-leading to horrible spots
-missing when ball is given to him
-sulking when it isn't

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
defacto
Club Player

i thought gilbert had a great game too

I love the saints!
Club Player

Whiskers. Go away you troll or get out there and do a better job yourself!

In STKFC we trust.