No Suspensions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

No Suspensions

Milne, Kosi cleared. Simpkin reprimanded.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Suspensions

Surprised re Tom. Thought he'd go for sure.

Doesn't make the loss any easier to cop.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

How pav only a reprimand????

saint4life
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Very odd, two high impact head knocks…

They must be feeling sorry for us.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

They are acting like letting off some players makes up for throwing our season away.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Details...

Tom Simpkin, St Kilda, has been charged with a level one bumping or making forceful contact from front-on offence against Sharrod Wellingham, Collingwood, during the fourth quarter of the Round 19 match between St Kilda and Collingwood, played at the MCG on Saturday August 4, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Collingwood Football Club, the incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a level one offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

Contact between St Kilda's Justin Koschitzke and Collingwood's Ben Reid from the second quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. The ball is kicked into the St Kilda forward line. Reid is coming back with the flight in an attempt to mark while Koschitzke is leading forward to the ball, ahead of his opponent Nathan Brown. The panel said that Koschitzke had his arm held by opponent and braces for inevitable contact, as he was unable to contest the mark. It was the view of the panel the high contact was caused by circumstances outside the control of player Koschitzke. No further action was taken.

Contact between St Kilda's Stephen Milne and Collingwood's Darren Jolly from the third quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. The ball is loose on the ground and player Jolly is heading to the ground to tap the ball forwards. Milne comes to the contest from the side and, as Jolly hits the ball, the St Kilda player attempts to soccer the ball. Milne makes contact to Jolly's leg and chest area. A free kick was paid at the time to Jolly for kicking in danger. It was the view of the panel that Milne was making a genuine attempt to kick the ball. No further action was taken.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Very odd, two high impact head knocks…

They must be feeling sorry for us.
Kosi was being held and was pushed......expected him to have no case

Milne just no case to answer......was pinged for kicking in danger...thats all it was

Simpkin..........found guilty...........reprimamd if accepts

all as they should have been

KOSI should have infact received a free.......................

MRP even support that in their assesment!!
Last edited by chook23 on Mon 06 Aug 2012 5:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:They are acting like letting off some players makes up for throwing our season away.
The club threw their season away not anybody else.

Too many close losses, too far away from the Hawthorn's and Sydneys of the world to seriously contend.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Funny how the MRP didnt suspend any of our players even though many on here thought maybe all 3 could go. Next time someone is suspended though it will be due to the MRP hating us.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:The panel said that Koschitzke had his arm held by opponent and braces for inevitable contact, as he was unable to contest the mark.
So that would be another free that we missed out on then?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Funny how the MRP didnt suspend any of our players even though many on here thought maybe all 3 could go. Next time someone is suspended though it will be due to the MRP hating us.
Just maybe it's because the AFL, by letting off these 3, are acknowledging the terrible umpiring against us.

Let's face it - it's the least they could do given the way those imbecile maggots treated us on Saturday night.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Hooray !!!!!

I reckon simmo was very lucky though !

In red white and black from 73
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Funny how the MRP didnt suspend any of our players even though many on here thought maybe all 3 could go. Next time someone is suspended though it will be due to the MRP hating us.
Just maybe it's because the AFL, by letting off these 3, are acknowledging the terrible umpiring against us.

Let's face it - it's the least they could do given the way those imbecile maggots treated us on Saturday night.

Of course that is the reason.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Only one had a chance to be found guilty and he was. Kosi should of had a free in FACT and a shot from 40 out.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Only one had a chance to be found guilty and he was. Kosi should of had a free in FACT and a shot from 40 out.

I think you will find a few on here had all 3 out.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Where was Kosi's free? Quite damning. 'Couldn't contest the mark'........

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

I think you will find a few on here had all 3 out.

Never a chance with Nathan Brown blatantly holding his arm. Odd a AFL umpire missed the free.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote:They are acting like letting off some players makes up for throwing our season away.
The club threw their season away not anybody else.

Too many close losses, too far away from the Hawthorn's and Sydneys of the world to seriously contend.
How do you think we played on Sat night, did the pressure cause the errors, what syle of footy did we play?
How did we throw it away?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: all as they should have been
Yes, but we see that sort of stuff suspended on a weekly basis.
Guaranteed that if any of the recipients had suffered concussion they would have thrown the book at them.
Funny game this suspension assessed via the damage caused…

Wellingham deserved to have his jaw smashed - gutless prick, would have been perfect for him to miss the finals…

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think you will find a few on here had all 3 out.
i definitely did, from what i saw on the night.

the milne one looked like he caught jolly square in the chest or nuts, judging from how long he stayed down. on the replay it was obvious that he didn't actually make that much contact, i'd almost do jolly for staging there.

the kosi one looked very clumsy, but from the other end of the ground obviously it was hard to see reid holding him, and that seems to have been what got him off. without that he'd be due a couple of weeks at least.

the simpkin one probably deserved a suspension and actually got one, but his clean record and early plea scraped him back to a reprimand. i thought wellingham looked pretty woozy but he stayed on the field so that would have been in head's favour. that said, i also thought he was farren ray at the time so that's how reliable i am.

still, lucky to not have at least one of them go - it's always a bit of a raffle when you put yourself in front of the mrp.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Any mention of the 2 attempts by Nathan Brown to stomp on Kosi's hand?

Or do the MRP no longer consider 'attempted' as a reportable offence?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Any mention of the 2 attempts by Nathan Brown to stomp on Kosi's hand?

They obviously hate us. If anyone does anything against us they always get off.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:If anyone does anything against us they always get off.
I'm with plugger.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:How pav only a reprimand????

have no idea

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Any mention of the 2 attempts by Nathan Brown to stomp on Kosi's hand?

They obviously hate us. If anyone does anything against us they always get off.
What's your response got to do with my question?
My question was a serious one.

Does 'attempted striking', 'attempted tripping', attempted anything' still exist unde this MROP or do they no longer have validity because 'no force' can be defined by them?.

I can recall when 'attempted' used to be a reportable offence.