Feel sorry for Lenny

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Feel sorry for Lenny

After such a great year he will get a week for sure with that bump. His record at the tribunal isnt bad but unluckily for him just occasionally does some minor thing wrong. One week I would think.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Feel sorry for Lenny

Wasnt it a clash of heads though? At first it didnt look good but not sure what more he could have done. Incidental I would have hoped.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Wasnt it a clash of heads though? At first it didnt look good but not sure what more he could have done. Incidental I would have hoped.

It was a clash of heads but only because Lenny chose that path. Sorry but he will miss a week.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

How many did you think Kosi would get?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:How many did you think Kosi would get?

I have no idea what you are talking about but I wish he got the rest of the year. And I reckon so does Watters.

The Jeff
Club Player

I look forward to revisiting this post on Monday when you are deemed incorrect. That is of course unless you moonlight as a member of the Match Review Panel which would explain a lot.

FQF
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Jeff wrote:I look forward to revisiting this post on Monday when you are deemed incorrect. That is of course unless you moonlight as a member of the Match Review Panel which would explain a lot.

I am actually a mate of Lenny's and want him to not even be looked at. Doesnt mean I watch it through one eye.

Richter
SS Life Member

The head clash was truly accidental, as it was the recoil from the bodies going together that caused it. Nevertheless the way things are he may get a week. Whilst Scarlett will probably get zilch despite his act being tru, gutless. Go figure,,,

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Jeff wrote:I look forward to revisiting this post on Monday when you are deemed incorrect. That is of course unless you moonlight as a member of the Match Review Panel which would explain a lot.

I am actually a mate of Lenny's and want him to not even be looked at. Doesnt mean I watch it through one eye.
Does he know you are a mate?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Does he know you are a mate?

I hope so.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

OMG. This is not netball FFS. As someone said, head clash from recoil at impact. 2 men going for the ball. Why is it even being talked about?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hope he gets let off, but they'll have a look. As for Scarlett - he'd better be getting time off.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

When Lenny got cleaned up by that Bomber thug, the ball was gone, in fact it was in a different postcode. This one tonight, the ball was there at the same time. Its called "in play" ffs.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Hope he gets let off, but they'll have a look. As for Scarlett - he'd better be getting time off.

For a push in the back? I doubt it will even be looked at.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

It will sum up the AFL and the MRP if he gets weeks. Had to go and he did made a an attempt to mark and made body contact. Unlucky to be a fifty to be honest but then again it is StKilda.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Just watched it on replay, will certainly get looked at, 50/50 call I reckon. With the MRP so inconsistent, its hard to know which way it'll go.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Just watched it on replay, will certainly get looked at, 50/50 call I reckon. With the MRP so inconsistent, its hard to know which way it'll go.
It's chooklotto. Everyone loves Lenny so maybe he'll get off.

The biggest issue if he cops a week is the loading he carries for next season.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:It will sum up the AFL and the MRP if he gets weeks. Had to go and he did made a an attempt to mark and made body contact. Unlucky to be a fifty to be honest but then again it is StKilda.

Body contact. How did he cut his head? And how could you follow a side that you beleive delibrately gets bad deals. It was 50 because it was late. It should always be 50. He will get 2 weeks reduced to one. i dont want him to but I would expect a player doing the same thing to one of our players to also get the same deal. Hope he gets off but I cant see how.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

In the line of play, eyes on the ball, feet on the ground, competing for the ball, accidental. If they cite this one, we will be moving to basketball scenarios very quickly.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Both trying to mark the ball. Lenny gets there a split second too late so braces for contact. NO other alternative as he was genuinely trying to mark the ball. He has no other option at that stage as he is full tilt trying to mark the ball. The only thing he can do is try to protect himself. A head clash then occurs. Incidental contact and in play. No case to answer.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Both trying to mark the ball. Lenny gets there a split second too late so braces for contact. NO other alternative as he was genuinely trying to mark the ball. He has no other option at that stage as he is full tilt trying to mark the ball. The only thing he can do is try to protect himself. A head clash then occurs. Incidental contact and in play. No case to answer.

Hope you are right but i saw Lenny get there late and that is why it was 50. The paper today says he will go not that means everything but they are at least unbiased especially being Lenny, everyones favourite. Hopefully the MRP.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:It will sum up the AFL and the MRP if he gets weeks. Had to go and he did made a an attempt to mark and made body contact. Unlucky to be a fifty to be honest but then again it is StKilda.

Body contact. How did he cut his head? And how could you follow a side that you beleive delibrately gets bad deals. It was 50 because it was late. It should always be 50. He will get 2 weeks reduced to one. i dont want him to but I would expect a player doing the same thing to one of our players to also get the same deal. Hope he gets off but I cant see how.
Late please the mark was still being completed and wasnt controlled. I notice only a few moments earlier Simpkin was in the same process got hit hit high then the players ran off with the ball and nothing no fifty no nothing. Go figure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Late please the mark was still being completed and wasnt controlled. I notice only a few moments earlier Simpkin was in the same process got hit hit high then the players ran off with the ball and nothing no fifty no nothing. Go figure.

You really should watch the footy with 2 eyes when discussing things. It was clearly a mark and the hit. Simpkins decision was a free. The other was a mark and then late contact. As I said i hope i am wrong and nothing happens. He deserves some luck.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Body contact. How did he cut his head? And how could you follow a side that you beleive delibrately gets bad deals. It was 50 because it was late. It should always be 50. He will get 2 weeks reduced to one. i dont want him to but I would expect a player doing the same thing to one of our players to also get the same deal. Hope he gets off but I cant see how.[/quote]

Late please the mark was still being completed and wasnt controlled. I notice only a few moments earlier Simpkin was in the same process got hit hit high then the players ran off with the ball and nothing no fifty no nothing. Go figure.[/quote]

You really should watch the footy with 2 eyes when discussing things. It was clearly a mark and the hit. Simpkins decision was a free. The other was a mark and then late contact. As I said i hope i am wrong and nothing happens. He deserves some luck.[/quote]

But yet no 50 to Simpkin but earlier in the game Gram was pinned for holding the ball for 2 seconds. I watch the game have played the game at a guess longer than most we get screwed on basically every 50/50 call and in games like the Port and Collingwood we just get screwed.

andrewg
Club Player

Lenny will not miss weeks. Unavoidabl contact in a marking contest with eyes for the ball.
Scarlett should get three weeks for reckless conduct resulting in serious injury