Rhys Stanley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

creepypolar
Club Player

Rhys Stanley

Love him but his kicking for goal? Today 1.3

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rhys Stanley

I don't recall him missing any sitters. Tight snap in the pocket and two 50 metre kicks were his misses.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

He's usually a good kick. What he REALLY needs to improve is his one touch overhead marking. Needs to go to Dempster school.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
thefatdork
Club Player

Munga wrote:He's usually a good kick. What he REALLY needs to improve is his one touch overhead marking. Needs to go to Dempster school.
Reckon it's a matter of time - has had a lot of missed time this season with injury so will get better for sure if all goes well.
Think he's going to be a good one for the mighty Saints.
:D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget that he has played very little football in about 8 weeks.

He went to all the right places , but was understandably a bit rusty.

Roo , Stanley will make a great combo next year. Wilkes may be the third banana as he now does more than Kosi.

Siposs may be if he bulks up more, though today he was being the understudy for BJs normal role.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 27 Aug 2012 1:11am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Don't forget that he has played very little football in about 8 weeks.

He went to all the tight places , but was undertstandably a bit rusty.

Roo , Stanley will make a gray combo next year. Wilkes may be the third banana as he now does more than Kosi.

Sipossay be if he bulks up, though today he was being the understudy for BJs normal role.
think he has bulked up a tad since the season started...going to be a very good footballer imho.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergsone
SS Life Member

He is our future up forward,inj free is my main concern with him

ace
Saintsational Legend

I have less confidence in his kicking for goal than Nick Riewoldt.

How can anyone be less reliable kick than Riewoldt.
A team puts so much effort into getting the ball to a key forward.
They should be made to apologise to the whole team when they miss a set shot.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
andrewg
Club Player

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppeeeerrrrrrrrrr staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the commentary on channel 7 Malthouse said when they did the analysis on S.kilda last year with Watters as the defensive coach, they believe Rhys was an 'untapped' star.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppeeeerrrrrrrrrr staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the commentary on channel 7 Malthouse said when they did the analysis on S.kilda last year with Watters as the defensive coach, they believe Rhys was an 'untapped' star.
Have you ever heard an ex coach give one of his prior staff such a verbal hummer as MM did on Watters today?

Hooly dooly its a wonder he didn't offer up his daughter to him.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
andrewg
Club Player

Yep he loves him! Loved listening to it great change from stupi BT, Rooes or crap Walls

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Paul Roos had tickets on himself early on in the match he was covering. Another biased verbal shitstorm, but this time it bit him on the arse...Fair dinkum - why do Foxtel let him cover the Swans games...Is that in his contract or is it cheaper for Foxtel because he lives there?? He came out with some big statements about his former club when they shot out to a big lead. He was full of praise and reckoned they were back to their best and were playing a 'classic' Sydney style of game!! What a waankerrr!!! Did he mean a 'classic' Roos style of play?!!

Hawks had a brilliant win and as always, the better teams have learned how to overcome the press and the flood with skill and scoreboard pressure. Maybe Longmire needs to get his players to forget about the 'classic' Roos style of play and just keep playing attacking footy if they want to beat the likes of Hawks and Collingwood come finals time

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

It's his kicking from over 40m he needs to work on.

Distance ain't a problem, but frequently tugs the balls too far to the right.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
stkfc1
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Don' forget that he has played very little football in about 8 weeks.

Roo , Stanley will make a gray combo next year. Wilkes may be the third banana as he now does more than Kosi.

Sipossay be if he bulks up, though today he was being the understudy for BJs normal role.
think he has bulked up a tad since the season started...going to be a very good footballer imho.....
Saw Rhys at my local supermarket the other day.Kid is WAY too top heavy.Dont let tv fool you his legs are like pins.Seriously needs to bulk up.Preseason shold be squats and power movement training.Its no wonder he has hammy problems there isnt enough meat to structually support his frame.

saintbob
SS Life Member

I get excited everytime he steps out, really just needs continuity and his improvement will be immense.

andrewg
Club Player

Superstar

Chef attack
Club Player

He'll come good

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh look
the mods still havent got rid of the troll

rhys will be a gun and is the future forward for us

paddy
Club Player

it looked like he was running at 80% tonight....

but i think that is a good thing, no point injuring himself now, just get through the season, and concentrate on doing better next year....

Chef attack
Club Player

Kip take time, be patient

stinger
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Don' forget that he has played very little football in about 8 weeks.

Saw Rhys at my local supermarket the other day.Kid is WAY too top heavy.Dont let tv fool you his legs are like pins.Seriously needs to bulk up.Preseason shold be squats and power movement training.Its no wonder he has hammy problems there isnt enough meat to structually support his frame.

i was referring to sipposs

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I don't like Stanley's body language. He generally mopes around with his head down and looks incredibly embarrassed and miserable whenever he makes a mistake. When he does slot a goal or take a big mark he looks relieved rather than happy or pumped.

He has the tools to be a dominant force and we've started to see glimpses occasionally when his confidence is high. But until he really starts to believe in himself and isn't afraid to impose himself on the game, he's not going to do much damage.

With a really strong pre season (needs to strengthen his core and legs) and a set in stone role within the team I hope he could have a breakout season next year. His goalkicking is simply a confidence issue as well - he can slot them from 55m at Sandy but misses goals from 30m out in the seniors.

kalsaint
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Don't forget that he has played very little football in about 8 weeks.

You are not the only one, Good article.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Robert Shaw is a huge fan and bsically compared him to a young Natinui (in game time I mean) saying he did five things yesterday that Nic Nat does.

Finey also (and rightly) pointed out he also does lots of things kosi does (not in a flattering way mind you) BUT pointe dout he was a work in progress.

When Fine mentioned he was fast, Shaw said FAST? he is INCREDIBLY Fast.

Rhys Stanley is certainly a prospect.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The kid can play.