Watters in The AGE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Watters in The AGE

''I think our best footy and our losing margins have shown we are pretty competitive [against top-eight teams] but to turn the focus and even talk about finals here, it's not something I'm losing sleep over,'' Watters said. ''We just need to be very focused on areas to improve and wherever that leaves us this year, we'll see. If we beat Carlton next week we'll win 12. We won 12 the previous year and we've brought a lot of young players in and improved our middle tier, so we feel we are progressing. We're filthy that we're potentially not playing finals but we need to keep improving in some broader aspects of the club as well.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z24bt2gyca

How it is.

I like that about SW.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Chef attack
Club Player

Re: Watters in The AGE

What's our record against clubs who have sacked their coach the week before, has it happened recently?