Centrebet's Status???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Centrebet's Status???

Does anyone know where we're at in regards to Centrebet's sponsorship?? I'm was thinking 2012 was the second year of a 2 season deal?? Has there been any news in regards to extending that deal??? Was it a 3 year deal originally???

I'm just curious about our finances....anyone who wants to start any anti/pro gambling barrow-pushing can go find the existing threads!!!

jays
Club Player

Re: Centrebet's Status???

no idea would like to know aswell

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think I read somewhere a while ago that we have budgeted for a modest profit this year, although it might be too early. The CENTREBET sponsorship is indeed interesting. It has really divided opinions. They're money is as good as anyone else's. If our association with CENTREBET is to end I hope that we get a recognisable "Brand" to replace them, and early on, not last minute !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

class of 2010
Club Player

I like the centrebet sponsorship purely because it's meant that the St. Kilda brand is getting more exposure. Every time that "fire up" advertisement comes on tv I like the fact that the game on in the background shows the saints (cripps?) kicking a goal. Maybe I'm easy to please but if centrebet keeps their sponsorship and we can snag a co major sponsor (NZ gov/airline) I would be stoked! The hawks get AFL money plus sponsorship out of the tassie deal, we should be looking to do the same with the kiwis.

oh when the saints
creepypolar
Club Player

Pretty sure it was a 3-year deal anyway. This article says its long term though. Dont know if 3 is exactly long term per say.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/sain ... =text-only

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It's pretty funny my kid just got a new jumper a couple of months ago and the last Rooey one had a jeld wen logo and looked like the player kit. he wanted Jack Steven on his jumper so got it at the club again and this time no sponsors logo. Is it because they don't want or aren't allowed to put them on kids ones? My kid is 7 and doesn't like the fact it looks different to the official playing guernsey. Is this policy or just that they didn't have a sponsor when ordering them?

Darren
Club Player

More of a policy issue I believe

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:he wanted Jack Steven on his jumper so got it at the club again and this time no sponsors logo. Is it because they don't want or aren't allowed to put them on kids ones? My kid is 7 and doesn't like the fact it looks different to the official playing guernsey. Is this policy or just that they didn't have a sponsor when ordering them?
I wish they sold adult sizes without the sponsorship branding on them. Tell your son he's lucky and that he has a guernsey that is closer looking to the 1966 Premiership one.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

I note the flyer on The Crest Program that we received with our renewal for 2013 has a photo of Armo and there is no Centrebet logo on his guernsey. Thank goodness for that.

For me it was irksome enough to have a betting agency as a sponsor, but the worst thing the logo was placed ABOVE our crest................. which is a no, no, if the Club wants to uphold the tradition of what a crest/coat of arms represents.......................... nothing goes above it.

So IMHO, respect our crest, don't devalue it by placing a sponsors logo above it......................especially a gaming one........very poor form.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

loris wrote:I note the flyer on The Crest Program that we received with our renewal for 2013 has a photo of Armo and there is no Centrebet logo on his guernsey. Thank goodness for that.

For me it was irksome enough to have a betting agency as a sponsor, but the worst thing the logo was placed ABOVE our crest................. which is a no, no, if the Club wants to uphold the tradition of what a crest/coat of arms represents.......................... nothing goes above it.

So IMHO, respect our crest, don't devalue it by placing a sponsors logo above it......................especially a gaming one........very poor form.
Amen Loris!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: