Lets turn it into a POSITIVE !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lets turn it into a POSITIVE !!

Yes, I'm talking about Goddard leaving for the Essendon/Toll money;

Lets hope that Nettlefold has been on the phone to the AFL already DEMANDING a home game v Essendon in Round 1 2013, with a return match later in the season. That way, we as a club not only get the chance to pick up 8 Premiership Points, we get to make some good ca$h as well !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lets turn it into a POSITIVE !!

Eastern wrote:Yes, I'm talking about Goddard leaving for the Essendon/Toll money;

Lets hope that Nettlefold has been on the phone to the AFL already DEMANDING a home game v Essendon in Round 1 2013, with a return match later in the season. That way, we as a club not only get the chance to pick up 8 Premiership Points, we get to make some good ca$h as well !!
As long as it's not in Wangaratta :P

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Eastern wrote:Yes, I'm talking about Goddard leaving for the Essendon/Toll money;

Wang', eh? :idea:

What is the AFL formula to determine percentage after two walkovers??? :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

It will be reallu appalling watching BJ get centre clearances and clearing out from our forward line .. time and again ... can only hope he is injured for those ones.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Knowing the AFL it will give Essendon the home game as will need the revenue to pay for the $800k extra.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Wang suits me, Doc. And it would guarantee us the 4 points (on a forfiet!). :D

Saint supporter since '62
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why don't we pretend he is overrated, not much chop and convince ourselves the club is doing the right thing and we should sleep easy....

After all we have lost our most valuable player many times before..... So should be used to it....

Positive
I'd rather Essendon win a flag than collingwood

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why don't we pretend he is overrated, not much chop and convince ourselves the club is doing the right thing and we should sleep easy....

After all we have lost our most valuable player many times before..... So should be used to it....

Positive
I'd rather Essendon win a flag than collingwood

How has his last 2 years been? And do you think we could win the flag in the next 4 years if BJ stayed?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why don't we pretend he is overrated, not much chop and convince ourselves the club is doing the right thing and we should sleep easy....
We don't need to pretend, 800K for a guy supposedly at his peak, yet has been nowhere near All Australian form for 2 years… that is the epitome of over-rated.

BTW, have you actually read this thread? Not one person saying he can't play… the thread is about us making money from our game VS Essendon next year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ball was hopeless too..... Went onto premiership
As was Lyon, Everitt, Lappin, Smith, Hall, Guerra.... All average... All were outstanding at their NEW clubs

And the thing is, it's not just that we lose an A Grader ..... A competitor gains one....

Plugger.... 43 games, 1100 disposals, 25 goals, 150 tackles, top 5 best and fairest both years, 13 brownlow votes, acting captain 2012 when Roo missed....

His shocking output since 2010 are about as overstated as Cyril Rioli's awesome output....

He remained our MOST important player IMO

If he played well..... We won

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ball was hopeless too..... Went onto premiership
As was Lyon, Everitt, Lappin, Smith, Hall, Guerra.... All average... All were outstanding at their NEW clubs

And the thing is, it's not just that we lose an A Grader ..... A competitor gains one....

Plugger.... 43 games, 1100 disposals, 25 goals, 150 tackles, top 5 best and fairest both years, 13 brownlow votes, acting captain 2012 when Roo missed....

His shocking output since 2010 are about as overstated as Cyril Rioli's awesome output....

Are you for real?, just yapping away enjoying your own farts…

Have you read the freakin' thread? Nothing to do with how good Goddard is/was…

Dead set.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Drag it,

Read the P66 reply he asked me a specific question.... I wasn't referring to your ridiculous comment about him not being worth, what Essendon just paid.... Which obviously means he is....

BTW... His numbers suggest your comment was the epitome of cluelessness...... Keep denying, you'll sleep better

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He played well round one this year. No need to go any further. And was BJ top 5 last year in the B&F. You are renowned for making up things to make you fiction sound better.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Drag it,

Read the P66 reply he asked me a specific question.... I wasn't referring to your ridiculous comment about him not being worth, what Essendon just paid.... Which obviously means he is....

BTW... His numbers suggest your comment was the epitome of cluelessness...... Keep denying, you'll sleep better
Thank god you have absolutely nothing to do with the club, which thought his value was around 500k... I assume you also think Fevola was worth about 1mil per season too because Brisabane paid it?

I haven't heard one person say that Brendon can't play... But our most important player? How many times was he in your best 2-3 players over the past 2 years?

Keep sniffing your own farts mate, might make you sleep better...

philtee
Club Player

Goddard's position in Mike Sheahan's end of season Top 50 Players over the last 4 years.
Shows a real decline -
2009 - No 16.
2010 - No 3
2011 - No 42
2012 - Not yet sighted in positions 11 - 40, and I can't believe he will be in the Top 10.

Sure, it's only Mike's opinion. And sure, being in a top team will help you up Mike's ladder.
But it shows what a savage drop-off Goddard has had.

Bombers must be convinced they can get Goddard back to his 2010 best to pay him
such a wad of cash.
For me - it vindicates the Saints' position. And the onus is on the Bombers to prove
they've bought a player worthy of "Top Ten" money.

bozza1980
Club Player

I don't think you can compare the Goddard situation with all of the above scenarios.

Only Smith left the club due to another club offering more money than we were prepared to.

Everitt and Hall left due to off field performances, we were never suprised with their on field performances after they left, suprisingly enough both left their next home for discipline reasons too.

There is a strong argument in hindsight that we undervalued Guerra and Lappin, both players really blossoming at their new homes.

I would be suprised with a St Kilda supporter who believes we are better off in a pure footballing sense with Goddard leaving, at the end of the day though the club has to make a call and believe that Essendon have paid considerable overs for him.

Just like at an auction, you don't pay considerably more than you value the house because somebody else does, this doesn't mean that youthink the house is rubbish or that the other bidder will not be happy with their investment, it's just a case that you don't believe that you would be at that price.

It's going to turn my guts up to see him run out for Essendon next year, I am already sick of my Essendon mates revelling in their new addition, however we just have to hope that the club has got it right.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I think its not just simply a matter of one year on the contract of one player (albeit a VERY good player) Scott Watters and Chris Pelchen have strong policies for the future of our list management, and for building a culture of the TEAM taking priority over a marquee player however good that player may be. It would appear to me, that as far as BJ is concerned, the die was cast back in April when SW spoke about a new approach to list management and salaries. BJ wanted more than the club were prepared to pay, so moved on. So should WE!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)