Sen rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Sen rumour

Ray and Dawes to Melb
Picks 20(Melb) 43(stk) to collingwood
Martin and 45 to Stkilda

Maybe this year?
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sen rumour

I wouldnt be unhappy with that. make it happen lads

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
savatage
SS Life Member

Wouldn't be unhappy with that.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I'd take that, but only if Ray genuinely wants out.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Not mad on Collingwood getting past us in the draft because pick 20 isn't enough for Dawes :shock:

Scumbags getting much, much sweeter picks for guys no-where near as good as Ball…

Ray - Martin straight swap would not be an unfair trade, I don't see why the Pies need to upgrade 45 into 43… Fe em'

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I'd take that, but only if Ray genuinely wants out.
I think it's more about opportunity, I think he genuinely loves the club (else he wouldn't of signed a contract for peanuts) but just wants to play footy.

Would easily be in their best 22...

Good luck to him I say

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

How do people here rate Martin?, i dont know much about him

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:How do people here rate Martin?, i dont know much about him
Just my take...

Supposed to be one of the cleverest footballers, as in school smart...

Great when he's switched on, but seemed to lack motivation at Melbourne (you can kind of understand that)

Athletic ruckman, very good leap on him, can also kick goals when pushing forward.

Was most famous for showing mirth in the stands when Demons were getting thrashed, needs someone to make him want to apply himself IMO...perhaps Scott could get the best out of him.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Just my take...

Supposed to be one of the cleverest footballers, as in school smart...

Great when he's switched on, but seemed to lack motivation at Melbourne (you can kind of understand that)

Athletic ruckman, very good leap on him, can also kick goals when pushing forward.

Was most famous for showing mirth in the stands when Demons were getting thrashed, needs someone to make him want to apply himself IMO...perhaps Scott could get the best out of him.

Thanks SainterK, sounds like a player that may benifit under Watters and with better players around him

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Ray - Martin straight swap would not be an unfair trade, I don't see why the Pies need to upgrade 45 into 43… Fe em'

basically is a straight swap.

Like us Magpies probably want to use the pick as part of other trades.

We get the job done -2 dp positions.

Fine by me.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone else find it a bit rude that collingwood would be eyeing off our 43 for the sake of 2 spots? After what they done to us in the past, I would just say Ray/Martin straight, that's it. Pick 20 is more than generous for Dawes as it is.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

potential but not as good as ray. Big guys take time though and he should be getting pretty close to playing his best footy soon. He's at least handy in different spots on the ground and went pretty well when we played them earlier this year. Supposedly was a pretty smart guy but so was Will Minson.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Not mad on Collingwood getting past us in the draft because pick 20 isn't enough for Dawes :shock:
Dawes is a hack. Had a worse season than Kosi, and that is saying something.

Would be a shame to lose Ray as I've always rated him very highly. Don't know enough abt Martin to be able to judge his worth.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Does anyone else find it a bit rude that collingwood would be eyeing off our 43 for the sake of 2 spots? After what they done to us in the past, I would just say Ray/Martin straight, that's it. Pick 20 is more than generous for Dawes as it is.
By swapping a Farren for a Stefan I think we're actually moving up 2 spots towards a bloke with a normal name.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://demonwiki.org/Stefan+Martin

Seems the only concern would be injury?

Other than that, if he was cheap enough...and with the talk of tinkering with the bench again next year...

realdeal
Club Player

I don't do this trade on on principal. Collingwood making out like bandits. How do they always get trades levelled in their favor all the time.

Why wouldn't we just do a straight swap with Melbourne, Martin for Ray, instead of dropping in draft too?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Awesome

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
dragit wrote:Does anyone else find it a bit rude that collingwood would be eyeing off our 43 for the sake of 2 spots? After what they done to us in the past, I would just say Ray/Martin straight, that's it. Pick 20 is more than generous for Dawes as it is.
By swapping a Farren for a Stefan I think we're actually moving up 2 spots towards a bloke with a normal name.

now you've jinxed us- Cruize Garlett will come now.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:I don't do this trade on on principal. Collingwood making out like bandits. How do they always get trades levelled in their favor all the time.

Why wouldn't we just do a straight swap with Melbourne, Martin for Ray, instead of dropping in draft too?
I'm with you, completely unessecary that collingwood should advance our second pick here.

On the surface it's a small thing, but on principal.... Well f*** collingwood. For starters Ray is a much better footballer than Martin.

Would collingwood really say no to 20 & 45, instead of 20 & 43? Of course not... I would absolutely refuse to dilute our pick just because collingwood have asked for it. Our trade is completely separate from theirs, we would effectively swapping picks with collingwood for absolutely no reason. I say no way... hate is a strong word, but sometimes it just isn't enough.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:http://demonwiki.org/Stefan+Martin

Seems the only concern would be injury?

Other than that, if he was cheap enough...and with the talk of tinkering with the bench again next year...

that is by his own club and it sounded the most underwhelming build up I have ever read. i'm now officially depressed that we traded a quality player for a guy who was going to be cut but for the sub rule but then he usually only gets into about 3 games a year anyway.

I hope he can get his body right and do something because that looks pathetic.

savatage
SS Life Member

Very athletic.

I don't mind him, can be swung around & plug holes:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:I don't do this trade on on principal. Collingwood making out like bandits. How do they always get trades levelled in their favor all the time.

Probably because the deal couldn't get done.

We drop a whole two spots - OH NO.

Collingwood get it OH NO.

lets see how it all pans out in the end shall we?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sobraz
SS Life Member

No chance of getting Martin, Hickey and Brown... Far too top heavy and none are proven..

So if this goes through, it seems as though either one of the others is off the agenda, or maybe even both?

savatage
SS Life Member

Brown is a KPD and nothing else. Hickey is a ruckman and nothing else. Martin is a versatile tall, they could all happily co-exist at St.Kilda.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Probably because the deal couldn't get done.

We drop a whole two spots - OH NO.

Collingwood get it OH NO.

lets see how it all pans out in the end shall we?
I don't buy that it can only get done with 20 & 43 instead of 20 & 45, sorry. If collingwood are willing to forgo pick 20 for a guy they won't even play next year, then all power to them. They are just asking for something for free, our pick instead of melbournes... If you are ever going to make a stand, this is the time to do it, if we missed out on an injury-prone b-grade backup ruckmen, that would be okay.