Stanley @ FB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felix
Club Player

Stanley @ FB

I was thinking if our new recruit Lee comes off could Stanley play at full back . Has a Dustin Fletcher look about him and I would imagine would be hard to get a kick on with his pace, height and agility. What do people think ?

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Re: Stanley @ FB

Not a bad proposal. Still a bit light on with his weight against some of the stronger full forwards. Ultimately however I believe that he's Roo's understudy and will eventually play CHF in the future. I guess it's a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul

dragit
Saintsational Legend

If he gets going, he will be the perfect ruck/forward… lightning fast, great height, good hands, big leap…

I think he would be wasted at full back where the main aim is to spoil your opposition. Plus I think Rhys would be way too nervy down back at this stage.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Backmen need to match up on Forwards.

Stanley is very hard to match up on (tall & quick)

Leave him where he is and let the opposition worry about him.

Kosicos
Club Player

IF lee can really play ,I would love to try Stanley IN the CHB position
I believe that he would become a 80/100m player for us,with is marking kicking and great pace .
The forwards would love him.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Kosicos wrote:IF lEE can really play ,I would love to try Stanley IN the CHB position
I believe that he would become a 80/100m player for us,with is marking kicking and great pace .
Is that not what we are trying with Siposs? Nice Mark - 70 metre kick, usually to advantage!
I try to believe that when he gets comfortable in the role we will be saying Goddard who?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
andrewg
Club Player

Stanley will be the perfect ruck an forward. He will be excellent if he can get his body right. Can see him really being a problem for opposition sides much like nic nat

stkfc1
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
Kosicos wrote:IF lEE can really play ,I would love to try Stanley IN the CHB position
Is that not what we are trying with Siposs? Nice Mark - 70 metre kick, usually to advantage!
I try to believe that when he gets comfortable in the role we will be saying Goddard who?
I think this is why we didn't throw the big bucks at him. We have his clone, who comes a lot cheaper.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
I think this is why we didn't throw the big bucks at him. We have his clone, who comes a lot cheaper.
And does not have an angry hat on all the time!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
stkfc1 wrote: Is that not what we are trying with Siposs? Nice Mark - 70 metre kick, usually to advantage!
And does not have an angry hat on all the time![/quote]

If Siposs can step up by 10 to 20% he could be in our top 5 players IMO. He's so close but just needs to assert himself a little more. Goddards out put for 2 years hasn't been what it was so probably just outside our top 5 despite being ok. the world has opened up for Siposs now he just has to take on the game and he's there. Come on son be a champion no pressure.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:If Siposs can step up by 10 to 20% he could be in our top 5 players IMO. He's so close but just needs to assert himself a little more. Goddards out put for 2 years hasn't been what it was so probably just outside our top 5 despite being ok. the world has opened up for Siposs now he just has to take on the game and he's there. Come on son be a champion no pressure.
Go easy, he's barely in our best 22 at this stage.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stanley at fb?

errrrrrr
no

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:stanley at fb?

errrrrrr
no
I agree.

He'd look like a headless chicken down back.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If you put Simpkin's head on Stanley's body he'd be taller than Sandilands :P