Un St.Kilda like!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Un St.Kilda like!

This off season has given me an amazing sense of relief and vindication in my ability to distinguish between a good afl player and one that is not fit to play football for the st.kilda football club.
In unlike St.kilda fashion we have culled the whipping boys
Polo - gone!
Peak - gone!
Raph - gone!
Gram - gone!

I just can't believe they are ll gone? It just isn't st.kilda like.
Last edited by andrewg on Wed 31 Oct 2012 10:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Un St.Kilda like!

andrewg wrote:This off season has given me an amazing sense of relief and vindication in my ability to distinguish between a good afl player and a rubbish one.
Polo - gone!
Peak - gone!
Raph - gone!
Gram - gone!
It shows that St.kilda saw as much talent in these players as I did and many others did on this site, not much. For me it's just relief. But................
Will this see an unprecedented barrage of whipping directed towards Kosi?if not him who else?

But you want us to get Salopek.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
andrewg wrote:This off season has given me an amazing sense of relief and vindication in my ability to distinguish between a good afl player and a rubbish one.
Polo - gone!
Peak - gone!
Raph - gone!
Gram - gone!
It shows that St.kilda saw as much talent in these players as I did and many others did on this site, not much. For me it's just relief. But................
Will this see an unprecedented barrage of whipping directed towards Kosi?if not him who else?

But you want us to get Salopek.
Oh Plugger, please dont tell me Andrew wanted to get Salopek? Why are people like that? :roll: :roll:

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
andrewg
Club Player

Yea we need a whipping boy! Would be a good replacement or Gram of half ack IMO.
To your relief plugger pretty sure Saints have no interested anymore think he will go
Tigers, Melb or Dogs, unless the club has changed their mind after the Gram thing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Yea we need a whipping boy! Would e good replacement or Gram.
To your relief plugger pretty sure Saints have no interested anymore think he will go
Tigers, Melb or Dogs, unless the club has changed their mind after the Gram thing.

But he was definitely coming to us. What changed? Surely the type we have recruited wouldnt have changed the clubs mind.

andrewg
Club Player

Apparently??? Not sure I suppose we are looking for key position players. Still I think he would provide good depth.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany way stop taking away from my whipping boy delisting happiness plugger this ain't about Salopek.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I'm happy as we have chopped off a whole bunch of garbage from our list.

Due to this it really is sink or swim for a few of the youngens that have been in the system for a few years now.

That being said, it is exciting.

rexy
SS Life Member

I'm happy for us to do what it is as a club we think is the right thing to do when it comes to delistings! Reality is that we have delisted a bloke who was in our regular 22 and a bloke who was prob in our coaches perceived best 26/7. Others must press for these spots now, not just expect them! I hope Gram and Clarke get opportunity else where, both AFL quality players IMO! Some times change is necessary for both parties to go forward! I thought Guerra was the best delisting ever at the end of 06, since then he's played 100+ more games and won a flag!

Maybe this year?
sainterinsydney
Club Player

If we had gotten Brown for pick 25, 26 and Cripps, he would have become the ultimate whipping boy.

avid
Club Player

Please stop calling people who have spilt blood for St Kilda "garbage".

How depressed would they be feeling now? They deserve a lot better from us (who've never done what they have.)

avid
Club Player

Please stop calling people who have spilt blood for St Kilda "garbage".

How depressed would they be feeling now? They deserve a lot better from us (who've never done what they have.)

howlinwolf
Club Player

We as supporters see the club from the outside. Some think they know enough to vent their spleen.
However not many know the challenges, pressures and problems players have had during their career. Medical problems, injuries, personal issues etc.
Nor the inner workings and expectations of the club on them.

To refer to the delistings as "garbage" is utter disrespect.
Believe me, not many of our gun players would think much of anyone that describes the delistings as such.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Polo - gone!
Peak - gone!
Raph - gone!
Gram - gone!

I'm glad we are finally evolving, keeping the list the same wouldn't have achieved anything, certainly not the success we are looking for...

As long as we don't fill up on someone else's spuds......

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:We as supporters see the club from the outside. Some think they know enough to vent their spleen.
However not many know the challenges, pressures and problems players have had during their career. Medical problems, injuries, personal issues etc.
Nor the inner workings and expectations of the club on them.

To refer to the delistings as "garbage" is utter disrespect.
Believe me, not many of our gun players would think much of anyone that describes the delistings as such.

Disrespectful supporters should have followed the Tigers they would have had more fun. Wow somehow a disrespect for the fringe players shows how much football knowledge you have. Just because they go doesn't mean a new group of fringe players won't now take their place. In fact I would suggest losing experienced players will make us less competitive so help create a few more whipping boys. It should keep them entertained for a few years.

Austinnn
Club Player

thank the stars players don't come on this site. A professional athlete being called garbage or a spud or whatever by some of the plankton on this forum is the very definition of irony.

On the other hand, I can appreciate that the context of what this site is and the subject matter is (bunch of grown adults wasting their lives discussing a game on the internet, and the ruthless nature of players being viewed as commodities) allows such a term to be validated.

I tell you what; you spend a week doing what some of these guys have done for years and tell us how you went. I'm sure you are all very successful in your chosen fields, probably in the top 300 in Australia and you rarely make mistakes and everything you try works, but if you're like me and most people in the world, maybe just a sincere "Thanks for trying" and hope that the replacements will improve the team would be more appropriate.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
andrewg
Club Player

I don't agree at all.
Any business or company or job you are in you are up for review and if you are no good you are either fired or told to get better.
AFL players get paid very good money because they are on the public eye, believe it or not, we pay their wage.
All I am saying is I am thankful that the players I thought 'struggled at AFL level' - (politically correct statement) were asked to move on and the club also thought that they 'struggled at AFL level' also.

For once I feel excited and relaxed about where the Saints are headed, no 'role' players or an acceptance of mediocrity. The guys in charge know what they are doing and that makes me happy :)
Last edited by andrewg on Wed 31 Oct 2012 10:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I don't agree at all.
Any business or company or job you are in you are up for review and if you are garbage you are either fired or told to get better.
AFL players get paid very good money because they are on the public eye, believe it or not, we pay their wage.
All I am saying is I am thankful that the players I thought 'struggled at AFL level' - (politically correct statement) were asked to move on and the club also thought that they 'struggled at AFL level' also.

For once I feel excited and relaxed about where the Saints are headed, no 'role' players or an acceptance of mediocrity. The guys in charge know what they are doing and that makes me happy :)

Sorry but you sound disrespectful and if you did the same kind of review of someone that was sacked at your workplace you would end up in court. It isn't good form and if that was your brother or mate someone was talking about you would probably think a little differently. Your not a bad poster and I like what you have to say but think in this one you don't come across very well mate.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Nice thread.

Garbage???

All of those players played AFL, each of them, at times played very well an contributed to a strong StKilda side.

I'd like to thank them for their time and effort, and congratulate them on their courage and skill. How do posters of this forum shape up, if they're garbage?

Wish them well for the future.

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Garbage???

All of those players played AFL, each of them, at times played very well an contributed to a strong StKilda side.

I'd like to thank them for their time and effort, and congratulate them on their courage and skill. How do posters of this forum shape up, if they're garbage?

Wish them well for the future.

Nee!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

plankton.

bwhahahaha

thats a classic.
rereemer is certainly a plankton.

i'm in the 'thanx boys for havn a go' camp.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

totally agree with most of you
They go to work every day just like you and me.
They are paid alot more money than most of us
and they have a standard to live up to
They have their good days and bad days
just like you and i.
And at the end of each season most end up
under the knife.
I guess what i'm trying to say is
it aint that easy and i admire their abilities to get out on the field
week in week out.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

End of an era.

Thank **** for that.

Now perhaps we can move on from the cabbage farm to the gravy train?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
andrewg
Club Player

I have edited my 'rubbish' statement at the top of this thread to 'not fit for The st.kilda fc'. For the record I never called them garbage.
But just to be clear my main point is that I am really happy with where the club is headed and the personnel they feel will drag us back into a successful era. Exciting times

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:I have edited my 'rubbish' statement at the top of this thread to 'not fit for The st.kilda fc'. For the record I never called them garbage.
But just to be clear my main point is that I am really happy with where the club is headed and the personnel they feel will drag us back into a successful era. Exciting times
Didn't you notice the original post is quoted a couple of times...makes it pointless editing it...anyway....good to see the people running the club making changes as they strive to succeed...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.