Demetriou hatred at fever pitch again.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Demetriou hatred at fever pitch again.

Just when the dictator thought he could bury his head in the sand pit once again over the cheating Essendon scandal the Sharks stuff rears its head and reignites the debate.

Then the nab cup final debacle playing it in Melbourne.

The prick can't help himself.

I guess when you earn a mill a year from revenue related bonuses it's pretty hard to be fair and reasonable.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Demetriou hatred at fever pitch again.

Is this thread just another personal rant? Hatred? Really?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Then the nab cup final debacle playing it in Melbourne.
Does anyone actually care about this? It's the pre-season comp. Most of us can't even remember which teams are in the final.

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Does anyone actually care about this? It's the pre-season comp. Most of us can't even remember which teams are in the final.
I think the supporter who loves their club and the game does actually care - they want to see equal fairness handed out to all 18 clubs, it's known as A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, not just adjusting fixtures to maximise gate receipts so as to ultimately benefit Demetriou's pay packet - yes folks, that's what happens.
Gate receipts for the NAB Cup Final, ie AFL revenue, have been given priority over membership and sponsorship promotion of the Brisbane F.C.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
Could you imagine this forum meltdown if we had won through to host the final, only to be scheduled to play Sydney, for example, at ANZ stadium??

NAB cup or not, this place would be a zoo...

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I am surprised at the use of the word "again" in the thread title. Surely the word "still" would be much more apt??

When has it ever diminished? My experience has been that he is an intolerable, arrogant fat turd that is universally hated by all - except for our own personal little forum AFL apologist.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I am surprised at the use of the word "again" in the thread title. Surely the word "still" would be much more apt??

When has it ever diminished? My experience has been that he is an intolerable, arrogant fat turd that is universally hated by all - except for our own personal little forum AFL apologist.....

Are yes the personal insults again. Cant help yourself. How did you enjoy the work of the previous CEO in the AFL?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
bergholt wrote: Could you imagine this forum meltdown if we had won through to host the final, only to be scheduled to play Sydney, for example, at ANZ stadium??

An appalling decision, but it really sums up what the AFL is all about. Revenue.

On the bright side, I feel the greedy prick's days in the job are numbered. A revolution is coming.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
bergholt wrote: Could you imagine this forum meltdown if we had won through to host the final, only to be scheduled to play Sydney, for example, at ANZ stadium??

An appalling decision, but it really sums up what the AFL is all about. Revenue.

On the bright side, I feel the greedy prick's days in the job are numbered. A revolution is coming.

Which CEO have you liked in the AFL and why?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I haven't liked any of them, but as far as the league's credibility as a sporting competition is concerned, Demetriou is the worst by a long way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I haven't liked any of them, but as far as the league's credibility as a sporting competition is concerned, Demetriou is the worst by a long way.
Well get used to it because I dont think he is going anywhere soon. I would suggest other sports in Australia arent going to well either. No excuse but it could just be the times. I still would rather think of the positives that the AFL has done over the 20 years they existed.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Are yes the personal insults again. Cant help yourself. How did you enjoy the work of the previous CEO in the AFL?

hahaha - what do you do, spend all day on here waiting for something to respond to? That's unreal. Oh well, I guess Centrelink can find something for you eventually, hang in there.....

Didn't mind the previous guy, detest this one. Arrogant autocratic egomaniac who cannot accept being wrong - ever!! Also only interested in the KPI's that effect his wallet - it's conflict of interest. The thing that makes this game so easy to market is the large amount of grassroots support - that is what draws TV stations and corporates looking for exposure for marketing. Disenfranchise those poeple and you kill the goose that laid the golden egg and this bloke is making a fair run at doing just that. The diehards are ageing, the younger generation are not raised on suburban tribal mentality and are far more fickle and have been raised on a broader range of choices - make it too distant from the people and you will lose them, make them feel that they don't have a voice and you will lose them.......

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Are yes the personal insults again. Cant help yourself. How did you enjoy the work of the previous CEO in the AFL?

hahaha - what do you do, spend all day on here waiting for something to respond to? That's unreal. Oh well, I guess Centrelink can find something for you eventually, hang in there.....

Didn't mind the previous guy, detest this one. Arrogant autocratic egomaniac who cannot accept being wrong - ever!! Also only interested in the KPI's that effect his wallet - it's conflict of interest. The thing that makes this game so easy to market is the large amount of grassroots support - that is what draws TV stations and corporates looking for exposure for marketing. Disenfranchise those poeple and you kill the goose that laid the golden egg and this bloke is making a fair run at doing just that. The diehards are ageing, the younger generation are not raised on suburban tribal mentality and are far more fickle and have been raised on a broader range of choices - make it too distant from the people and you will lose them, make them feel that they don't have a voice and you will lose them.......

I actually work for myself and not that it is any of your business but in the 34 years I have worked I have never claimed the dole for even a week.

And I glad you decided to write a considered opinion even if you did again insult me again. I still say the TV rights are never a walk up start. I think it was in 1987 or close to it they basically gave them away to channel 2 because 7 refused to pay something like 2-3 million a year. Of course there is inflation but 250 million a year is fair comeback from nothing and that money just doesnt happen. People were even saying before the last rights were sold that they may struggle to get 750 million for 5 year that they got previously.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I actually work for myself and not that it is any of your business but in the 34 years I have worked I have never claimed the dole for even a week.

And I glad you decided to write a considered opinion even if you did again insult me again. I still say the TV rights are never a walk up start. I think it was in 1987 or close to it they basically gave them away to channel 2 because 7 refused to pay something like 2-3 million a year. Of course there is inflation but 250 million a year is fair comeback from nothing and that money just doesnt happen. People were even saying before the last rights were sold that they may struggle to get 750 million for 5 year that they got previously.

I'll bow to your clearly superior business knowledge. You must run a doozy of a company to be able to take the time to post 13.7 times per day on here, every single day for the last 6 years....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I'll bow to your clearly superior business knowledge. You must run a doozy of a company to be able to take the time to post 13.7 times per day on here, every single day for the last 6 years....

I dont run a company at all, I work for myself. But thanks for bowing to my superior business knowledge.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

True Believer wrote:I am surprised at the use of the word "again" in the thread title. Surely the word "still" would be much more apt??

I think you are actually being kind.

He is the lowest corrupt scum of all is what he really is.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The lowest corrupt scum!!!! Who, Demitriou or Plugger66?

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:The lowest corrupt scum!!!! Who, Demitriou or Plugger66?
I couldn't imagine P66 being corrupt at all gathering from his posts.

A little naive maybe in believing that the competition is being run all above board, but corrupt, nah!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
borderbarry wrote:The lowest corrupt scum!!!! Who, Demitriou or Plugger66?
I couldn't imagine P66 being corrupt at all gathering from his posts.

A little naive maybe in believing that the competition is being run all above board, but corrupt, nah!

Certainly not naive. I know they make errors at the AFL but i also know the next CEO is going to be pretty much exactly the same unless the commission has a change of plans.

People said pretty much the same thing when Ian Collins ran Etihad. You watch the new guy run it exactly the same. Same goes with Adrian Anderson. Watch the new guy be exactly the same.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

GoSaintersGo wrote:
bergholt wrote:Does anyone actually care about this? It's the pre-season comp. Most of us can't even remember which teams are in the final.
I think the supporter who loves their club and the game does actually care - they want to see equal fairness handed out to all 18 clubs, it's known as A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, not just adjusting fixtures to maximise gate receipts so as to ultimately benefit Demetriou's pay packet - yes folks, that's what happens.
Gate receipts for the NAB Cup Final, ie AFL revenue, have been given priority over membership and sponsorship promotion of the Brisbane F.C.
Yep. I'm in favour of that, because I don't care how well Brisbane go, but some fraction of AFL revenue comes back to the "poor" clubs as equalisation. I support one of the poor clubs so therefore I also support the AFL maximizing revenue.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Are yes the personal insults again. Cant help yourself. How did you enjoy the work of the previous CEO in the AFL?
Being called an AFL apologist is now considered an insult??

Sensitive much ....... :(

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes sensitive. That makes sense considering how I post on here and what I cop and give out. And thats all you got from this thread. Good stuff.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes sensitive. That makes sense considering how I post on here and what I cop and give out. And thats all you got from this thread. Good stuff.
You mean what you give out and then cop

Either way I thought that would make you hardened - each to their own I guess

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

You have me mixed up with you. I cop it and then give it back. Im hardened. I wish I had someone who could give it back as good as I can but I suppose I am just stuck with you. Another who doesnt have much to say but just finds post to have a go.

We could go all night at this but you arent much good at it. I will wait for someone that is at least a challenge.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I cop it and then give it back. Im hardened.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: