Sandy today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sandy today

Had a look at Sandy seconds, well actually was looking at Port seconds, and no Saints players in that side. Sandy lost by about 50 points. Had a look at the first quarter of the ones. Sandy 7 points down. 13 Saints players playing. Hard to give a run down after one quarter expecially with 8 interchange. Whie kicked the first and Cockie kicked the other for the quarter.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Sandy today

Jimmy Webster is playing incredibly well. White good but weather is horrible now. Lever looks good down back.

Schneider BOG easily, doesn't look like he's missed a beat.

Dunell came into game that qtr.

Zebs by 4 points at 3 qtr time, kicking with bit of breeze on last but it's pouring here at moment.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Simpkin? Kosi?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Simpkin? Kosi?

Only saw a quarter. Both played. Both quite in the first.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi will play year in VFL, useless.

Simpkin beat Dean Galea all day, only goal he kicked was from ridiculous free kick. Tommy & Schneids will walk into Round 1 side. No issues with match fitness at all.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thought Simpkin was average, clumsy and sloppy by foot... Easy day for a defender, wet and windy... No fwd could dominate

Kosi was excellent, basically was captain coach of the fwd line and worked hard on the ball after shep went down. Slow, but contested well.

Schnieder was so far above VFL level it was ridiculous.

Seb, Ledger were solid inside mids.... Conditions suited....

Shenton played a really solid game, Lever was pretty good, as was Staley...

Minchington was an effective small crumber, as was Curran who may have kicked a couple....

Webster was very impressive as he took the game on and sliced port up off HB a few times....

Saunders wins the footy, but was sloppy with the ball... But he showed something...

White... Interesting
Is very quick, and can jump, has good hands and looks likely.... Also he is a bit lazy, down on work rate and not hard enough.... Yet. He has areas to improve..... But has some excellent attributes.

Would have considered Dunnell to be about the best saints player, hard to tell... So many rotations, and I don't think the coaches or players were fully aware of what was going on at all times....

Cockie and Marigliani were excellent and #54 and #24 .... Conditions were perfect for inside mids

Game Plan was very poor

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why the contradiction with Kosi? :|

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

thanks to all for views

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Why the contradiction with Kosi? :|
the mans an enigma or an enema depends on your take...

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SainterK wrote:Why the contradiction with Kosi? :|
the mans an enigma or an enema depends on your take...
That's a signficant difference though...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Kosi rucked most of the day with stints from Staley after Shepheard jammed jis neck after hitting his elbow at the first bounce and I agree he was the controller at parts of the ground.

Perspective K - some just want to see the mistakes even the great Gaz or Judd make them, Kos seems to be invisible to some when playing well

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Kosi rucked most of the day with stints from Staley after Shepheard jammed jis neck after hitting his elbow at the first bounce and I agree he was the controller at parts of the ground.

Perspective K - some just want to see the mistakes even the great Gaz or Judd make them, Kos seems to be invisible to some when playing well
Thanks for that...I just like to understand the discrepancy.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He will be a good ruck forward at Sandy.... Good mentor for White, Staley and Lee.... Back up for the Senior side....

He lacks agility....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

When it comes to games at Sandy, I usually believe what BigMart posts, as he has a very good eye for the game.

Unlike most of us he is not a ball watcher.

So I would take his view on Kosi over anyone else at the game (FWIW).

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:When it comes to games at Sandy, I usually believe what BigMart posts, as he has a very good eye for the game.

What about P66. I know they are fierce rivals but he seems to crap-on with the best of them also. Maybe that is why they clash so much. Because they are both astute observers of the game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Thought Simpkin was average, clumsy and sloppy by foot... Easy day for a defender, wet and windy... No fwd could dominate

Kosi was excellent, basically was captain coach of the fwd line and worked hard on the ball after shep went down. Slow, but contested well.

Schnieder was so far above VFL level it was ridiculous.

Seb, Ledger were solid inside mids.... Conditions suited....

Shenton played a really solid game, Lever was pretty good, as was Staley...

Minchington was an effective small crumber, as was Curran who may have kicked a couple....

Webster was very impressive as he took the game on and sliced port up off HB a few times....

Saunders wins the footy, but was sloppy with the ball... But he showed something...

White... Interesting
Is very quick, and can jump, has good hands and looks likely.... Also he is a bit lazy, down on work rate and not hard enough.... Yet. He has areas to improve..... But has some excellent attributes.

Would have considered Dunnell to be about the best saints player, hard to tell... So many rotations, and I don't think the coaches or players were fully aware of what was going on at all times....

Cockie and Marigliani were excellent and #54 and #24 .... Conditions were perfect for inside mids

Game Plan was very poor

How did you watch sandy and the saints? Great effort.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

thanks for review

so players of interest -
schneids look like he should come in to the side to replace tdl.
white showing genuine promise.
jimmy webster a real surprise packet.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Con Gorozidis wrote:thanks for review

so players of interest -
or schneider for Milera?
i think there is a touch more versatility with TDL

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:thanks for review

so players of interest -
or schneider for Milera?
i think there is a touch more versatility with TDL

Can they play 4 smalls? Maybe 2 miss if they play Schneider.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

where was Schneider playing today?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Clearly there are no if's about Schneider if fit. In the best 18 when he hasn't twinged a hammy.

Bring back the Lockett era
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:When it comes to games at Sandy, I usually believe what BigMart posts, as he has a very good eye for the game.

What about P66. I know they are fierce rivals but he seems to crap-on with the best of them also. Maybe that is why they clash so much. Because they are both astute observers of the game.

Good point. P66 seems to get to as many Sandy games as BM and is pretty passionate about his footy.

To cut through the crap, it is good to have both views. Too bad they clash, both are worthwhile even though I sometimes find both bloody annoying and contrary.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Good point. P66 seems to get to as many Sandy games as BM and is pretty passionate about his footy.

To cut through the crap, it is good to have both views. Too bad they clash, both are worthwhile even though I sometimes find both bloody annoying and contrary.

Me? Are you serious? I am the most placid person you will ever meet and i also have no idea about footy. And i actually went to sandy today to watch the opposition. Well in the seconds anyway. Blasphemy I know. And as a proud godfather my god son was clearly best for Port seconds today in his first year out of Sandy dragons. Does a godson count as family if he eventually makes AFL?
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 16 Mar 2013 6:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote: Can they play 4 smalls? Maybe 2 miss if they play Schneider.
many schneides fans say he will play in the middle as well
Im not so convinced -but bend to the more learned than me-
IDEALLY what i would love to see is a mid "resting" in the forward line
so really that would maintain two permanent small forwards, a rotating mid, and a "taller' small, ie either TDL or Milera

Seeya
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:To cut through the crap, it is good to have both views. Too bad they clash, both are worthwhile even though I sometimes find both bloody annoying and contrary.

Me? Are you serious? I am the most placid person you will ever meet and i also have no idea about footy. And i actually went to sandy today to watch the opposition. Well in the seconds anyway. Blasphemy I know. And as a round god father my god son was clearly best for Port seconds today in his first year out of Sandy dragons. Does a godson count as family if he eventually makes AFL?
As I said above :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??