Reiwoldt to CHB - is it time?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Reiwoldt to CHB - is it time?

We are going to get destroyed by anyone over 194cm this year

Rooey's knee ensures that he cannot blow his defender up with his non-stop running, can't turn how he used to....why not put him to CHB,
let Stanley go to CHF with Tom Lee and Maister

Great field kick, still fit, let him attack the ball coming down to him

At least til we can swipe that WCE full back at the end of the season

Nee!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Reiwoldt to CHB - is it time?

I agree wholeheartedly

We are crying out for a tall defender of quality and Riewoldt to me seems to be the only real choice at the moment.

Many will scoff at this suggestion, but I see an awful lot of merit in it.

FQF
SS Life Member

Too slow and will be easily out marked by the monsters. Can't take a pack mark either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No not until he retires.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

FQF wrote:Too slow and will be easily out marked by the monsters. Can't take a pack mark either.
+1

kalsaint
Club Player

FQF wrote:Too slow and will be easily out marked by the monsters. Can't take a pack mark either.
I reckon it is time. Nick's doesnt need to take the pack marks and he can learn to punch the ball a bit more.

He would be quite useful running off the Giants they might pitch against him at CHB. He might actually create more goals than he actually scores nowadays. He does have a good short kick and can kick around his body well to set up running players at times.

Time to set up a disciplined approach to feeding our midfiled and forwards. I think we need more certainty in our forwards leads and if the mark isnt there, ensure the ball hits the ground around Milera, Saad, Schneider, TDL or Milnes feet. Better scoring options here. Remember the game against Carlton last year when this happened?

Need to have a forward mix of Kosi, Lee, Stanley and Siposs/Gilbert (at times) but will need to revise the 2 rucks based on team balance and fitness. Will also need another player like Dempster to cut off the ball in front of the one on one contests at times.

We need to develop a clear forward strategy and often Nick's aerobic capacity and manoeverability leads the play to pockets rather than towards the goal. I think midfielders get one sited during this and others are used effectively down forward. Kosi is probably the only other option spotted at time (occasionally with Milne).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
FQF
SS Life Member

No. I think his most suited position from now on is playing deep from the goal square.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I think he could be a Star at CHB.