Pull you finger out milney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yallingup saints
Club Player

Pull you finger out milney

Seriously have a crack or give it up

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pull you finger out milney

yallingup saints wrote:Seriously have a crack or give it up
our biggest front runner!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Because we have to clear space for the next 50-goal small forward.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He is a disgrace wher as everyone else is playing well. Lets look back at last year and the same was said. hasnt anyone realised that small forwards struggle if the team struggles. Its just the way it works. or we could drop him and replace him with no one because what ever way you look at it we have no depth.

W

yallingup saints
Club Player

As much as we all love him the now fat rat is a perennial choker.

Prove me wrong milney or time to go

kalsaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:He is a disgrace wher as everyone else is playing well. Lets look back at last year and the same was said. hasnt anyone realised that small forwards struggle if the team struggles. Its just the way it works. or we could drop him and replace him with no one because what ever way you look at it we have no depth.

W
He is not a disgrace but certainly hasnt been a good contributor in the last 2 games. He needs to go to the midfield for linger stints when on a hard tag. He could help our creativity but even he struggled tonight with short kicking.

I bow to Schneids. He creates so much for the team and has real team impact. Milney needs to continue to develop this part of his game to bring on the younger blokes.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He is a disgrace wher as everyone else is playing well. Lets look back at last year and the same was said. hasnt anyone realised that small forwards struggle if the team struggles. Its just the way it works. or we could drop him and replace him with no one because what ever way you look at it we have no depth.

W
He is not a disgrace but certainly hasnt been a good contributor in the last 2 games. He needs to go to the midfield for linger stints when on a hard tag. He could help our creativity but even he struggled tonight with short kicking.

I bow to Schneids. He creates so much for the team and has real team impact. Milney needs to continue to develop this part of his game to bring on the younger blokes.

How have all the small forwards gone in the 2 games? it is nearly impossible for them to play well when we struggle up the ground.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

kalsaint wrote:I bow to Schneids.
Schneids spent 100% of his game time in the midfield. He barely even set foot inside the forward fifty arc. He lined up near every centre bounce on the wing and Richmond did very little to man him up. Milne can only dream of that kind of space.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

How many tackles did Milne apply?
How many 1 percenters?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:How many tackles did Milne apply?
How many 1 percenters?

Probably about the same as Saad and Milera. We really need to get last years thread out so people can save on the typing.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:We really need to get last years thread out so people can save on the typing.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75620

Here's one.

yallingup saints
Club Player

We need mids with balls not seagull dwarfs. Ledger or Ross in Milne out

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

As him if he'd like the #23 back in....

noob
Club Player

I agree not just on Milne but the small forwards didn't have a good night. The pressure wasn't at the required level. Milne hasn't been good defensive for the last couple of years but he still kicks the goals.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He seems slow....

If you can't see he is struggling your looking through some kinda glasses. His performance last year and his two games this year are not related.

Ben Hilfenhaus was the best bowler in the country in 20011/12
Now behind 8 others

He has continued to amaze with his goal kicking.... But we've been waiting for years to see when Milney starts to struggle. He has ability, is super smart... But physically he is not at the standard ATM.... He's slow and not giving a defensive effort.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He seems slow....

If you can't see he is struggling your looking through some kinda glasses. His performance last year and his two games this year are not related.

Now behind 8 others

He has continued to amaze with his goal kicking.... But we've been waiting for years to see when Milney starts to struggle. He has ability, is super smart... But physically he is not at the standard ATM.... He's slow and not giving a defensive effort.
Hilfenhaus was, seriously?
Wow
Other than you, who said that?
You got a link, some stats maybe?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He seems slow....

Now behind 8 others

He has credits. read last years thread and then tell me what i said back then was wrong. For once i couldnt have been more right. he is struggling but so is Saad and Milera. It is 2 games. He may well struggle all year or he maybe AA. Give the guy at least 2 or 3 games. he deserves it especially as we have no immediate replacement. It is easy to knock players and some are excellent at it but at least compare him to others in the position.

Have no idea about Hilly but thanks for that. By the way wasnt because of injury?

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't great but also a couple of times he was monstered by his opponent , no frees of course !

In red white and black from 73
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Leading wicket taker, best performed bowler in the summer of 11/12 .....

No it wasn't because of injury.... He has stated it was because of loss of action after playing 20/20 and trying to sling low/slow bouncers or reverse swinging full balls...

Point is not about Hilfy
It's about form and condition... Milney is struggling for both.... ATM

He does have performance credits... Not effort credits... They are a non negotiable!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Leading wicket taker, best performed bowler in the summer of 11/12 .....

No it wasn't because of injury.... He has stated it was because of loss of action after playing 20/20 and trying to sling low/slow bouncers or reverse swinging full balls...

Point is not about Hilfy

He does have performance credits... Not effort credits... They are a non negotiable!

Thanks for that. I really find it hard to see effort credits on TV. For example Lenny wasnt great last night but I reckon him, Ben and Rooy put in more effort then you can see on TV. TV shows players around the ball and doesnt show anything off the ball. I take it you went to the game?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's probably easier to see his chasing efforts.... Up close...

Did you watch Milney specifically all night and not follow the footy, like the tv cameras?!

Which have zoom, slow motion, replay??

Do you watch the ball or do you watch off the ball??

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Btw

How was Milneys game IYO

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It's probably easier to see his chasing efforts.... Up close...

Did you watch Milney specifically all night and not follow the footy, like the tv cameras?!

I watch both. i am up high so you get to see all the ground. Dont justify not being allowed or not wanting to go to the footy and say you see more on TV. Crap. And I have seen the replay. The TV cameras didnt follow Milney around all night so please dont lie to support some crap that TV gives you more idea than being at the ground. And Im not having a go at those who cant get to the ground because TV is still great to watch the game but it isnt the same as being there.

I thought Milney was poor last night. I thought the small forwards struggled as they have for 2 weeks. I think Milney deserves credits and I think people need to read the thread from last year to realise you shouldnt speak to early about star players. Some are even moving better that super rules players but then again one or two games should decide the players ability for the rest of his career. It makes sense.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Leading wicket taker, best performed bowler in the summer of 11/12 .....

Point is not about Hilfy

I am sure siddle was the leading wicket taker of the summer, but hey.
I reckon that was the season pattinson came on and is our best bowler but constantly injured.

Milneys efforts have always been up and down, unfortunately the nature of his position.
Easy to pick on him, I didn't notice his opponent being of effective, nor the ball coming out of the forward line too easily.
Focus in other areas for mine.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:It's probably easier to see his chasing efforts.... Up close...

I watch both. i am up high so you get to see all the ground. Dont justify not being allowed or not wanting to go to the footy and say you see more on TV. Crap. And I have seen the replay. The TV cameras didnt follow Milney around all night so please dont lie to support some crap that TV gives you more idea than being at the ground. And Im not having a go at those who cant get to the ground because TV is still great to watch the game but it isnt the same as being there.

I thought Milney was poor last night. I thought the small forwards struggled as they have for 2 weeks. I think Milney deserves credits and I think people need to read the thread from last year to realise you shouldnt speak to early about star players. Some are even moving better that super rules players but then again one or two games should decide the players ability for the rest of his career. It makes sense.
I thought saad and terry were ok last night, moved around very effectively, especially considering how the ball came in.
Milne was simply unsighted I reckon, didn't get involved enough.
Roo moved as well as I have seen him for at least two years.
Lenny was blowing up very early on and missed a few contests because of effort.
We moved the ball in a panic last night which made it very difficult for beau and the small forwards.