Watters vs Neeld

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

doggerel
Club Player

Watters vs Neeld

How about Neeld's pre-match speech to his players, televised on Ch 7?

That is part of the problem at Demonland right there! I think it was meant to be inspiring. I found it to be totally unconvincing, and in fact quite embarrassing.

Why take Natanui when you can pick Jack Watts? Why take Watters when you can take Neeld?

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watters vs Neeld

how many games have we won in 2013? how many games have they? hmm

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

yeah but how have the Dees lost and how have we? Our players at least give a stuff and will fight til the end

Neeld lost his players from the word go...he was treating them the way RL treated his players after 2009...difference being that at least RL had some respect and earnt the right to be an arsehole

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Good assistant.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He won't have a job in a few weeks... Board has to do something...

Won't help though...

Dear oh dear

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
Dear oh dear
It's no laughing matter...but every time someone's says "oh dear" it reminds me of a joke...it's the 2nd one on this link; http://www.jokes2go.com/09/12/j24.html

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Neeld doesn't seem to have the ability to... I dunno... excite, inspire his team.

I never forget his 1st interview in inside footy (summarised)

Q. What players have impressed you in the off-season
A. We're having a look at everyone and seeing what they can do

Q. How do you want to the team to play
A. I'd prefer not to say at the moment

Some fluffy answers that give nothing away but create some positive spin and he couldn't do it.

RL by all means may not have been the warmest person (reportedly) but he at least could say a positive thing in an interview

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Gary Lyon was meant to be the messiah for Melbourne...........now he is a knob

Melbourne has ruined Neeld's coaching career....

They are a rabble...they couldn't work out how to benefit from tanking...no wonder they weren't found guilty...incompetence wasn't a crime..

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They should have reviewed the place independently from top to bottom at the end of 2011 like Geelong did at the end of 2006.

They should have stuck fat and stuck to Bailey and sacked the administrators and on those hacks on the board who have perpetuated the losing culture.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 06 Apr 2013 10:51pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:they couldn't work out how to benefit from tanking
IMO tanking was the problem. Pushed quality people like James McDonald out the door. Gifted kids games who hadn't performed at VFL level. No internal competition. No reason for Scully to stay. The fruits of their tanking is Trengove and is he really worth the trouble they went through? They move the Scully compo for a kid who literally can't play. They perpetually send the message to their playing group that they don't care about winning. I can't imagine it's selling them many memberships either.

If we have a bad year, I really hope we do more of what Port has done and less of the gifting the club to entitled teenagers thing that other clubs have done recently.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

has it come to this?
we fight it out against melb for whose the shittest?

“Yeah….nah””
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I struggle to think whats going through the players minds. Do they have any pride and give a sh1t?

suss
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:They should have reviewed the place independently from top to bottom at the end of 2011 like Geelong did at the end of 2006.

They should have stuck fat and stuck to Bailey and sacked the administrators and on those hacks on the board who have perpetuated the losing culture.
And now they will sack Neeld and keep Connelly and Schwab. You can see it from a mile away.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Please remove Watters name from the title ffs!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
lloyd21
Club Player

Watters vs Neeld

Think you will see jack watts on the scrap heap too, which is unreal ,saw him at play a lot at sandringham very talented kid thrown in the deep end at Melbourne from the beginning poorly coached thru his AFL career lost all belief he can play.
Neeld has made numerous mistakes from beginning to end, has lost senior players from the start .
Look at the way Ken Hinkley Brendan McCartney Scott Watters have handled their appointments compared to Neeld's my way or highway approach .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I struggle to get the poiny. Are we saying we are lucky we dont have a coach without a win? he maybe be sacked but i dont feel any better. i follow the saints and not the Dees.

lloyd21
Club Player

Watters vs Neeld

Thought topic was Watters Vs Neeld and was grateful for the one we have.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Neeld's speech was pretty bad, for the most part it seemed lazy. Surprised players didn't fall asleep. That stuff is should have been covered during the week.

Was also unimpressed by the big note on the board saying "Mistakes don't matter". I know the players are young but they arn't that young, very soft, They are at the highest level of the sport and are classed as professionals, the elite ffs and are paid accordingly, they are not however auskickers. I'd be embarassed if that was shown overseas. I'd be more accepting of the point if when he spoke of it said something like "Mistakes don't matter as long as you learn from them" but not even that.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He did the Blight clean out that is supposed to scare the remaining players into action. He cut out a heap of good players with lazy attitudes but then paid big bucks to guys like Dawes. He seems to have misread the fact that they are a bottom team as the fans don't care about instant success.

I'm glad we are having a foot in the past and the future you don't teach kids to win by losing every week. Neeld was highly rated by people at collingwood but seems like quiet Malthouse- brooding emotional oddball.