Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

paddy
Club Player

Armo

I am not one to look for faults while enjoying a win, however do we know if Armo is carrying an injury or playing a different role?

He was fantastic in the last quarter, but prior to that he seemed a little down on current form... Was he tagged? or tagging?

Anyway, just interested if anyone knows anything?

(I loved his intensity when the lead dropped to 4 points, he was really giving it to the defensive group!)

DWOODROW
Club Player

Re: Armo

Not injured, just needs to pull his finger out and play his natural game. And get a haircut :shock:

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

DWOODROW wrote:Not injured, just needs to pull his finger out and play his natural game. And get a haircut :shock:
I hope your giving him some stick over that do - me and the brother gave wanted to question a bloke on the train on the way home from the game - fair haired stocky type with the same do - "hey Armo - why you catching the train home mate?"

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Don't think he was tagged and don't think he tagged.

Curious to know what game he is playing if he wasn't playing his natural game? Maybe I don't know what his natural game is...

DWOODROW
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Don't think he was tagged and don't think he tagged.

Curious to know what game he is playing if he wasn't playing his natural game? Maybe I don't know what his natural game is...
He needs to combine his running to open space with getting in and under and dishing out. He's capable but still refining. He'll be right

DWOODROW
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Not injured, just needs to pull his finger out and play his natural game. And get a haircut :shock:
I hope your giving him some stick over that do - me and the brother gave wanted to question a bloke on the train on the way home from the game - fair haired stocky type with the same do - "hey Armo - why you catching the train home mate?"
No he definitely needs a haircut. Bit pretty boy looking for me

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
True Believer wrote:
No he definitely needs a haircut. Bit pretty boy looking for me
Do the chicks dig it though?!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I liked the Vanilla Ice comparison pics of his hair. He's as hard as a cats head- loved the Carlton player putting his fists up at Armo's face and didn't even get a blink. I don't think he's been too bad just not the huge numbers of Steven. Different players though. Armo is the grunt mid Jack is more or a running ball carrier. They are the core of an elite midfield for another decade.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Playing forward a lot... Not at the coal face

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Armo hasn't taken the next step in terms of increasing his possession tally like Steven has however I'm not sure that's his go. He's more of an impact player suited to small bursts in the middle. I actually like him as a 50/50 mid/forward type who get's 20 touches, 1-2 goals and 6 tackles a game.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Agree with he didn't seem to be operating at top notch on Monday night but that happens sometimes.

Agree re the haircut-my mind keeps turning to Cameron Diaz and her haircut in "There's something about Mary"........

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think he is going for the Elvis or Rockerbilly do.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I really liked Armo when we played against (I think??) GWS. The one where he kept pushing forward to create an option after being in a contest through the middle. He jagged a few goals and it looked to be a solid development on his existing game. Whether it's coaches instructions or not, he seems to have limited this style of play??

He has certainly played more confidently this year and put up his hand to be the general in the midfield post Lenny.

I just can't believe his tan. Does he live up North during the week?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Lacked speed at times. Is he on the Brett Peake diet?

Actually, scratch that...he doesn't look like his skinfolds are up, but I reckon there's a bit too much muscle on him and it's having an effect on him. He needs to trim down or get off the protein shakes

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Lacked speed at times. Is he on the Brett Peake diet?

Actually, scratch that...he doesn't look like his skinfolds are up, but I reckon there's a bit too much muscle on him and it's having an effect on him. He needs to trim down or get off the protein shakes

I opened this thread about to post something similar.

Is he not as fit as he could be? Is it just muscle? Is it the tight jumper?

I'm raising it anyways. Would like others perspective because I'm not entirely sure...