Ins/Outs for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Ins/Outs for next week

Out: Maister (back too early - not his fault), Saad, Milera, Ray
In: Curren, Jones, Simpkin, Shenton

Be a bit radical. We're playing the Dogs, and they're just awful too.

FB: Roberton // Gwilt // Simpkin
HB: Geary // Fisher // Dempster
CR: Newnes // Jones // Montagna
RK: McEvoy // Armitage // Steven
HF: Shenton // Riewoldt // Dal Santo
FF: Milne // Siposs // Hickey
Int: Stanley (as a FWD) // Ross // Webster (sub) // Curren

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Re: Ins/Outs for next week

Ray out is laughable. Agree with Maister and one of Milera/Saad.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Out: Armitage.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Should be 4 changes after that rubbish, especially with a second consecutive 6 day break coming up.

Nearly any other team would make a minimum of 4 changes for good reason.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:Out: Maister (back too early - not his fault), Saad, Milera, Ray

Don't get too cocky. The Dogs will come to play against us. Agree Maister to go out and Jones in. He should have come in for Wright this week. And one of Saad or Milera out for sure. They should both go out based on tonight but would unbalance things too much.
Last edited by Cairnsman on Sun 19 May 2013 8:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Out: Armitage.
:lol: :lol: :roll:

Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:Ray out is laughable. Agree with Maister and one of Milera/Saad.
I don't belive its laughable at all. Ray's got courage and ability, but his kicking is often atrocious and undoes all of his good work. We can't afford to carry that at the moment.

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
Uncle Barrels wrote:Out: Maister (back too early - not his fault), Saad, Milera, Ray

Don't get too cocky. The Dogs will come to play against us. Agree Maister to go out and Jones in. He should have come in for Wright this week. And one of Saad or Milera out for sure. They should both go out based on tonight but would unbalance things too much.
Not cocky at all. They'll come to play alright, but they're a poor football side. As are we currently. We might as well experiment because I don't belive they're good enough to ten-goal flog us.

elizabethr
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Out: Armitage.
You are pathologically obsessed with Armitage :P

nothing to say
sasaint
Club Player

Gotta agree with changing out one of the small forwards as we need more midfield grunt and atm Curren is the form I see ball I get ball player, and he is OK up forward too. Saad still provides more than Milera atm.

Patience young grasshopper
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I don't care what they do, as long as we have a different looking, less predictable, more potent forward line. Time for a rookie upgrade.

I have read all the negatives about Ledger. No vision. Rushes his kicks etc. but why not give him a go now? Gets the hard ball. Wins a lot of possessions and can kick goals. Gets clearances. Haven't we seen enough of Milera? Let's you down when the pressure is on. Ledger may not be good enough but let's find out now, before he wants out. I thought he was alright towards the end of last year. I can guarantee one thing, he'll have ago.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

On tonight's performance there needs to be a number of changes. Our back half looks alright. Our mids really lacked in a couple of areas. 1. Real grunt and 2. Gut running. Our forward 1/2 has some real problems at the moment. Tonight we had 4 x Stay at home forwards in Maister, Milne, Milera & Saad. This made it too easy for the Crows to read our play and create most of their scoring opportunities from deep in defence (How many times did they go Coast to Coast?). We desperately need a couple of "High Forwards" who can take their turn in the midfield and I don't think we have them in the Sandy side either. So, who do we bring in? We have to look at either Lee or Kosi to replace Maister who definitely needs a run or two at Sandy. We also need to look at Jones and Dunnell too. We also badly miss the hardness of Lenny and the class of Schneids. Yeah, there should be 3 or 4 changes next week, but who comes in and who goes out is anyone's guess !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

hayes66 wrote:I have read all the negatives about Ledger. No vision. Rushes his kicks etc. but why not give him a go now? Gets the hard ball. Wins a lot of possessions and can kick goals. Gets clearances. Haven't we seen enough of Milera? Let's you down when the pressure is on. Ledger may not be good enough but let's find out now, before he wants out. I thought he was alright towards the end of last year. I can guarantee one thing, he'll have ago.
And got some serious wheels. Not a ridiculous shout.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Ray out is laughable. Agree with Maister and one of Milera/Saad.
I don't belive its laughable at all. Ray's got courage and ability, but his kicking is often atrocious and undoes all of his good work. We can't afford to carry that at the moment.

Well it is laughable in my opinion. Did he job OK tonight and was excellent last week.

Maister should play next week. Dogs haven't got the backline of Adelaide and we can stretch them in the forwards.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
FQF
SS Life Member

I have absolutely no confidence when Saad gets the ball. And once again, he leads for the ball as if he's a marking forward and it lands up being a rebound 99 times out of 100. He has to go. Where is Schneider???

Siposs should play a full game, he isn't the right type to be the sub.

Maister to go out, was useless. But who to come in? Lee, Kosi, Dunnell? Hickey was pretty poor as well but he should probably stay.
Unless Stanley goes forward and we replace him down back with someone who is already in or with Simpkin. But Stanley has never had a single good game as a forward.

I'd like to see Curren and Ledger at least be given an opportunity to prove themselves on the big stage. They are consistent performers for Sandy and it is only right to reward effort. What's the worst thing that can happen? Another bad kick? Jones will probably come in anyway sometime so what's the difference?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Milera is the obvious one that has to go. His game tonight was one of the worst performances I've seen from a saints player. Lazy, dumb, soft and slow. He might be too good for state level but that doesn't mean he's good enough for the AFL.

Maister and Hickey were both ineffective tonight, honestly I would have much preferred to have Kosi in as the FF/second ruck and have another midfielder in the side. But coming up against Minson at Etihad I imagine we'll keep two rucks and Kosi loses that extra bit of value if we don't need him to give a chop out. Unless he pulls up sore I'd expect Maister to stay.

The kids were mostly ok. Newnes got plenty of it, Ross continues to show far more class and composure than most of his senior team mates, Webster had a decent game and Siposs had a bit of impact, though I think he's a terrible choice for sub. What really let us down tonight were poor performances from senior players - Armitage, McEvoy, Fisher and Milne were all very ordinary.

What I'd do

Out: Milera, Maister, Hickey
In: Ledger, Simpkin, Kosi

B: Gwilt, Simpkin, Dempster
HB: Webster, Fisher, Roberton
C: Geary, Armitage, Montagna
HF: Siposs, Riewoldt, Saad
F: Milne, Kosi, Stanley

Foll: McEvoy, Steven, Dal Santo
Int: Ray, Newnes, Ross
Sub: Ledger

What I expect will happen

Out: Milera
In: TDL

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I have absolutely no confidence when Saad gets the ball. And once again, he leads for the ball as if he's a marking forward and it lands up being a rebound 99 times out of 100. He has to go. Where is Schneider???
Schneider is 4 weeks away.
FQF wrote:Siposs should play a full game, he isn't the right type to be the sub.
Cant go the full 4 qtrs, would needed to be subbed off.
FQF wrote:Maister to go out, was useless. But who to come in? Lee, Kosi, Dunnell?
First game back and dogs will be a bit easier, but would rather see Lee there anyway
FQF wrote:Hickey was pretty poor as well but he should probably stay.
Need to get more games into him, showing a little bit but only a pup.

FQF wrote:I'd like to see Curren and Ledger at least be given an opportunity to prove themselves on the big stage. They are consistent performers for Sandy and it is only right to reward effort. What's the worst thing that can happen? Another bad kick? Jones will probably come in anyway sometime so what's the difference?
Agreed, would like to see Curran or Ledger given a go.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Middo
Club Player

Uncle Barrels wrote:

Ha Ha and you want Jones in for his kicking ..??? Ray stays ..!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Out: Milera
In: Saunders

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Middo wrote:
Uncle Barrels wrote:

Ha Ha and you want Jones in for his kicking ..??? Ray stays ..!!
I don't want Jones for his kicking pal, I want him for his clearance work, at which we got flogged, and which Farren doesn't have a particular impact in the roles he plays.

Give your head a wobble.

nickblake

Out Maister and Milera - in Siposs and Kosi and really stretch the dogs defense. Although many players were down tonight IMO I would be reluctant to make multiple changes and avoid being too unsettling.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Replacing Milera with TDL is not the answer. Both these players at the moment look like they are not AFL standard.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

nickblake wrote:Out Maister and Milera - in Siposs and Kosi and really stretch the dogs defense. Although many players were down tonight IMO I would be reluctant to make multiple changes and avoid being too unsettling.
I would rather us not play one short.

nickblake wrote:Out Maister and Milera - in Siposs and Kosi and really stretch the dogs defense. Although many players were down tonight IMO I would be reluctant to make multiple changes and avoid being too unsettling.
Dude siposs is already in...