Against Dogs. We're the BADDIES !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Against Dogs. We're the BADDIES !!

I think that this week everyone who is NOT A SAINTS FAN will be wanting/hoping/barracking for the Dogs to beat us. The Dogs players will be stung to perform too after all the negative press they have been getting this week.

To counter this, WE (that is anyone and everyone remotely connected to St Kilda) need to adopt a real US v ALL THE REST mentality. Yes, the players, coaches and those in the inner sanctum need to be fired up but we can ALL DO OUR BIT TOO. We could wear something SAINTY for the next couple of days. Those of us attending the game can go that extra bit to be LOUD & PROUD. Anything else WE, the FANS can do? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Against Dogs. We're the BADDIES !!

Turn up to the match would be a good start. It's our home game and it will be pretty lonely because not too many Doggies "faithful" will be there.

Saint supporter since '62
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Will be a massive atmosphere with a huge crowd of 26,000

I think a lot of supporters have a soft spot for the Saints and couldn't give a stuff about the scums from the west.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
HelenR
Club Player

I have been wearing my Saints in NZ hoody today.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I think that this week everyone who is NOT A SAINTS FAN will be wanting/hoping/barracking for the Dogs to beat us. The Dogs players will be stung to perform too after all the negative press they have been getting this week.

To counter this, WE (that is anyone and everyone remotely connected to St Kilda) need to adopt a real US v ALL THE REST mentality. Yes, the players, coaches and those in the inner sanctum need to be fired up but we can ALL DO OUR BIT TOO. We could wear something SAINTY for the next couple of days. Those of us attending the game can go that extra bit to be LOUD & PROUD. Anything else WE, the FANS can do? !!
Will have ZERO impact on the result.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
lummox
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
I think a lot of supporters have a soft spot for the Saints and couldn't give a stuff about the scums from the west.

Mate far more supporters have a soft spot for the Bulldogs and couldn't give a stuff about the Saints.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: We could wear something SAINTY for the next couple of days.
We lost the '71, '97, '09 and 2010 grand finals because I forgot to wear my red white and black jocks.

Nobody cares about this game except Saints and Dogs supporters!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I got abused for saying not many saints went to the Carlscum game.
"Oh, its a Monday night, blah blah"
Did the AFL change the fixture 3 days before the game?
Hey, you people in Melbourne dont attend in any sort of large numbers.
You want respect, then get 40k+ to every game or risk being compared to the Demons!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Some people work Afternoon shifts and Mondays are our busiest days so I cant afford to take time off to goto a football game ( FYI I'm a paid up SC member.)

Bowey Boy
Club Player

It will be hard to care if we win and if we lose it will be devasting.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:Some people work Afternoon shifts and Mondays are our busiest days so I cant afford to take time off to goto a football game ( FYI I'm a paid up SC member.)

And living in Thailand and Laos doesnt make it easy to attend either.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure that those who can attend will attend. All I was saying is that there is a whole heap of sympathy out in the footy world for the Dogs right now and that Dogs fans and those sympathising with their plight will see this game as one of not many where they have a chance. Yes, we'll start favourites but we really need to COME TO PLAY so that we can record a decent win. I hate to think of the level of HEAT we will cop next week if we drop this one !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:I got abused for saying not many saints went to the Carlscum game.
You want respect, then get 40k+ to every game or risk being compared to the Demons!
yeah, right! WCE and Freo don't even get 40K to every game and there are ten teams in Melbourne.

Anyway, I would have thought that you'd be able to get to some games over here with all that travel you do to HQ given that you're a senior executive for one of the top 4 banks. :mrgreen:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:I got abused for saying not many saints went to the Carlscum game.
yeah, right! WCE and Freo don't even get 40K to every game and there are ten teams in Melbourne.

Anyway, I would have thought that you'd be able to get to some games over here with all that travel you do to HQ given that you're a senior executive for one of the top 4 banks. :mrgreen:
you do realise the WCE and Freo home ground only holds 40K people ....

at the moment its a 7 year wait to become a ticketed member of the WCE ... thats 7 years of paying a $50 (i could be wrong on the price) fee just to be in consideration for a reserved seat at WCE home games ....

i do understand Wellardsaints frustration though tickets to see the saints when they play in Perth are as rare as hens teeth and when our boys come to town we move heaven and earth to see the boys play (last year i know of one family who drove 6 hours to get to the game only to drive 6 hours back straight after it) so for us to see the stadium empty in Melbourne it is a real shame ... i mean i understand comitments prevent people from attending thats all fine but it would be nice to see our supporters fill a stadium regardless of our ladder position ... in 2009 this game would have been almost a full house

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

at the moment its a 7 year wait to become a ticketed member of the WCE ... thats 7 years of paying a $50 (i could be wrong on the price) fee just to be in consideration for a reserved seat at WCE home games ....

i do understand Wellardsaints frustration though tickets to see the saints when they play in Perth are as rare as hens teeth and when our boys come to town we move heaven and earth to see the boys play (last year i know of one family who drove 6 hours to get to the game only to drive 6 hours back straight after it) so for us to see the stadium empty in Melbourne it is a real shame ... i mean i understand comitments prevent people from attending thats all fine but it would be nice to see our supporters fill a stadium regardless of our ladder position ... in 2009 this game would have been almost a full house
Yes I realise, but i didn't write or even imply that. I said that they don't always get 40K to every game. Quite often the ground does not reach capacity. It happens.

Wellard is trying to provoke us Saints suporters over here but he'll need to do better.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Meh!

We beat Carlton, and thats all that really matters at this stage.

Saints94
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:Meh!

+2 :mrgreen:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
SaintPav wrote: yeah, right! WCE and Freo don't even get 40K to every game and there are ten teams in Melbourne.

Yes I realise, but i didn't write or even imply that. I said that they don't always get 40K to every game. Quite often the ground does not reach capacity. It happens.

Wellard is trying to provoke us Saints suporters over here but he'll need to do better.
Patterson has a capacity of 43,500

round 1 - 39629 - 92% capacity
round 2 - 38389 - 89%
round 3 - 35963 - 83%
round 4 - 38674 - 89%
round 5 - 36365 - 84%
round 6 - 36163 - 84%
round 7 - 37214 - 86%
round 8 - 38146 - 88%

our games have been :
round 2 - 56783 - 56% *MCG*
Round 4 - 46965 - 88%
Round 6 - 40071 - 75%
round 7 - 34054 - 63%

now you have to consider the fact that all of these games in Melbourne have been against Melbourne teams so a large % of those numbers are oppersition fans... the WCE and Dockers games only allow for at max 600 oppersition members (exception being round 1 derby) by that is does quiet clearly show our members are not showing up for some reason ... again some dont show up because of other comitments and thats fine but i find it hard to believe that such a large number of our members are all "busy" ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:Meh!

not really the win was great but we are likely to lose prime time exposure if we continue to pull poor crowds , we already know we lose $ on games that are poorly attended at the dome so yes the win is all important but getting bums on seats is to some point more important