Dayle Garlett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Siposstar#2
Club Player

Dayle Garlett

Read the article on him in the heraldsun. It seems a though missing out on what he loves. Has made him realise he had to change his ways?
I think we should definitely try and recruit him he's potential a grade. Lewis Jetta, Cyril rioli like.

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dayle Garlett

I doubt any club will go near him to be honest.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Media would be watching him like a hawk if he came to us. He'd only have to fart and there would be a double page spread on poor culture.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Siposstar#2
Club Player

Recruit him he can go live with Lenny that'll sort him out

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
SAAD
Club Player

Get him

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Make him go to church and say 10 hail Mary's

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Seriously the bloke has links to underground mafia types and bikies. No club will go near him.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

off feild stuff aside he is in blistering form at the moment ... he makes the game look so easy, i dont think i have ever seen a player who can play the game and make it look so effortless ... who ever does take the punt on him will be picking up something special .... provided he doesnt do something stupid ...
honestly you would almost go as far as hireing a full time minder for him

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
falka
Club Player

The sad part is we could have got him for nothing, if he maintains his form and good behavior we would have to use an early pick. We need talent!!!!!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:The sad part is we could have got him for nothing, if he maintains his form and good behavior we would have to use an early pick. We need talent!!!!!!!

Couldnt have every club got him for nothing. I hope we get him so those who complain we could have got him wont complain however if he stuffs up those same people will say our club is crazy. Either way the hindsighters will be out in force if some club drafts him.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 29 May 2013 7:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

If you could get him for a low draft pick it would probably be worth a shot.
Make a condition of any contract renewal that he breaks off any associations that may be construed as negative.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I reckon a number of clubs will look at him this draft .. and a number will still say away. It will be one of the great cat and mouse sideshows that will be interesting to watch in the lead up to the draft. Some clubs may make noises about drafting him early trying to bluff other clubs into using an early pick on him, whilst other clubs will try and fake non interest hoping he may slip into that back half of the draft.

If I was a betting man, one of the stronger clubs will punt on him if he is still there late, and if one of the 'weaker' clubs decides to punt on him, they will go early.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Unless he stuffs up again - He will get picked up top 20 for absolute certain.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/shunne ... 6652508331

But agree. its one of those - 'you never know' sliding doors situations.

Darned if you do and darned if you dont!

Rosco
Club Player

SinCitySainter wrote:If you could get him for a low draft pick it would probably be worth a shot.
Make a condition of any contract renewal that he breaks off any associations that may be construed as negative.

low as in late draft pick?

the problem is that when something negative happens it has happened, the contract doesn't really matter. not sure how you enforce it.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It was ONLY a little over 6 months ago that 18 CLUBS (YES, every club in the competition) overlooked this guy. I would suspect that they ALL had very good reasons for this. The BIG question is;

What has changed in 6 months? And; How much has changed? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

He is a " buyer beware " player !

Has the potential to be a great player if he can stay out of trouble , only problem is once your in the big show , trouble is lurking everywhere !

In red white and black from 73
Rosco
Club Player

so he's stable now, has a girlfriend and her family. probably not well suited to shift away from Perth then.

falka
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
falka wrote:The sad part is we could have got him for nothing, if he maintains his form and good behavior we would have to use an early pick. We need talent!!!!!!!

Couldnt have every club got him for nothing. I hope we get him so those who complain we could have got him wont complain however if he stuffs up those same people will say our club is crazy. Either way the hindsighters will be out in force if some club drafts him.
What was worst case scenario. Use a rookie pick last year, he stuffs up, we sack him, do we lose more members and sponsors? Reckon it would have been worth the punt, especially if you sell it like we want to help the boy get life on track etc, bit like Tigers and Cousins. If it failed, you say we did all we could to help. Anyway, just my 2c worth

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:I doubt any club will go near him to be honest.
Think of Jack Darling, we need a bargain freak, with a bargain comes some risk.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Seriously the bloke has links to underground mafia types and bikies. No club will go near him.

Plenty of teams do too. They infiltrate clubs. The Pies do, the most famous man to play for the Roos in the 1990s did, Ablett snr and even everyones favourite golden boy who ironically has had his team identified as drug cheats due to the links with criminal bike gangs and organised crims. Some even sit on boards of clubs.

Get the Garlett. He's a long way from the bad influences.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Surely we need a no dick head rule? We have had enough off field stuff to last us a life time.
I don't care how good a footballer they are, bad behaviour record put a line through em! Would have saved all that trouble with Lovett...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dumbfounded as to why he wasn't drafted.... Ability is the one thing that must be at the top of a recruiters priorities..

Back your club and leaders to deal with the attitude of an 18yo

I can tell you, an 18yo Stephen Milne was a bit mental... The StK FC helped him become what he had the ability to become... A champion.

Doesn't always work
Daniel Connors is a prime example, Caydn Beetham.... Dustin Martin has worked, so have others...

But drafting the best attitude in the world is no good.... If you can't play footy

From what I understand, Gartlett is something special.... Not sure how a really low pick wouldn't be worth it, on a guy who could ultimately become a jet... Not many have that ability

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Surely we need a no dick head rule? We have had enough off field stuff to last us a life time.
I don't care how good a footballer they are, bad behaviour record put a line through em! Would have saved all that trouble with Lovett...
yeah but who decides who is a "d**khead" and who isnt???
seems pretty subjective if you ask me

as alan jeans said - you cant win a flag with a team of choir boys.

if we had a 'no d**khead " policy wed never get a stevie j or a buddy franklin (or a milney)

get a balance and back your leaders/coaches/culture.

if you have a majority of good blokes - the 'bad' blokes will become good blokes.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Get him if we can. I've a feeling we'll have to get in the queue though.

lloyd21
Club Player

Doubt it.
Given the Lovett recruitment.
Liam Jurrah had more talent than anyone, think Stkfc will stick to the formula of recruiting guys who are not D...k heads.