Eddie Must Resign

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eddie Must Resign

I know this belongs on the Opposition and General Sports Forum, but there's so much comment here already that it needs to be said here.

Fat Eddie (yes I used a derogatory term) should step down as president of Collingwood or give up all his media roles.

He was very good after the unfortunate situation with the young girl on Friday and was not a part of her being displayed all over the usual disreputal media.

However, today he has stepped over the line and revealed his innate racist feelings in a moment of weakness. It doesn't matter what he says he was trying to say, he said what he said, and it was deemed racist by all those who matter in this circumstance.
All afternoon he claimed what he said was not racist. Then he goes on Foxtel, one of his many employers and says yes it was racist, but he didn't mean it to be racist. He was thinking about something else, apparently how they would deal with this in Hollywood. Get Goodsy in for some promotion about a play with a giant ape. He was tired.
Went on to say he has an impeccable reputation in these matters. I don't remember him getting stuck into Malthouse when he unjustly vilified Milney.

Eddie is as sorry as George Pell.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bergsone
SS Life Member

Re: Eddie Must Resign

Dont reckon Eddie will resign.He is too important to AFL,He will tell you that

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

for the unalightened of us "please explain"

markp
Saintsational Legend

Did he really say 'how they would deal with it in hollywood'?

I'd be interested to hear of a place or a time when someone would've reasonably responded to a situation like this in that way... which century for starters?

Possibly the lamest attempt at an excuse I've ever heard.

How they would deal with his comments in hollywood is with him never working again.

I think he may struggle to hold on from here.

lummox
Club Player

I take offense at your usage of the derogatory term "fat"

Calling another human being fat when you are not exhibits thin privilege and lack of understanding which cannot be tolerated in this day and age.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Mel Gibson -"Hollywood is run by the Jews!" When he was intoxi...intocks...when he'd had a skinful!
Eddie was tired? Just proves how insincere he is after last Friday's big talk with Goodes.
He should give up Fox Footy and MMM. He has a family, how much time does he spend with them?
Sheedy said "Anyone who wants to be Collingwood prez for a decade needs to see a psychiatrist!"
PMSL funniest thing on the net so far!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He won't...

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he'll resign , too bigger wheel !

But i did laugh with some of the shite he was spruiking . I would have loved to hear him answer a question regarding malthouse and milne , When im at Coll/saints game i hear the slurs , you can bet he's aware of it !
Why don't you stamp that out eddie?

He was more comfortable in a interview he can control , No one at fox is going to try and nail him to the cross !

Tomorrow , I going to work and call everyone names , then just say " Sorry !!! i'm tired "

In red white and black from 73
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, you just gotta laugh.

Eddie, not short of a buck nor short of ego, signs up for every gig going 'round.  Has to be the big wheel at Fox Footy while retaining his standing at 9. I'll never forget his response when he got the double contract. Words to the effect that his presence everywhere was "a win for the fans".

The TV is bad enough but seriously why does he also have to be on radio 7 days a week? 

If Eddie insists on being Eddie Everywhere then it's a bit rich that he expects sympathy here based on the excuse he was "tired".

Here's a tip Ed. Significantly cut back your commitments. It will be very difficult for us sports fans but we WILL survive!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

after finding out about the incident I am sure Eddie didn't mean for it to come across that way

but after listen to Harry O'Brien (who am not a huge fan of btw) the best thing that Eddie could do to combat racism is to resign. Underlying racism which I am guilty of is a problem in Australia and it shouldn't be accepted. If someone stepped down in Eddie high profile position for his underlining racism it would go a long way towards making people think twice about underline racism which is a lot more than he could ever ever do otherwise to stamp it out.

but I could never see it happening either as that is Eddie not a part of his life but is him and he can't quit being him and anyone that would accept his resignation couldn't accept his resignation of fear of him

Meanwhile we have a thread called "Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical "
Last edited by ausfatcat on Thu 30 May 2013 2:40am, edited 2 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Yeah, you just gotta laugh.

Eddie, not short of a buck nor short of ego, signs up for every gig going 'round.  Has to be the big wheel at Fox Footy while retaining his standing at 9. I'll never forget his response when he got the double contract. Words to the effect that his presence everywhere was "a win for the fans".

The TV is bad enough but seriously why does he also have to be on radio 7 days a week? 

If Eddie insists on being Eddie Everywhere then it's a bit rich that he expects sympathy here based on the excuse he was "tired".

Here's a tip Ed. Significantly cut back your commitments. It will be very difficult for us sports fans but we WILL survive!
yep
spot on.

it seems (and someone should do a phd on this because it must be ingrained in our colonial convict psyches or something) but if you are white and rich you can get away with almost anything in this nation.

we crack down on corruption if you are eddie obeid (lebanese and a bit dark) but rich whites can do whatever they please.
and we forgive them.

falka
Club Player

The worst part was he made the comment, then his on air partner responded like wtf? But he then goes on with it. Dumb. Doubt he is a racist though. Surely you are allowed an error of judgement in life? We all have done said things we are not proud of without costing your job directly

What fans can do is tune into coverage he is not involved in (yes that can be hard). As Tism once sang 'Dont change your life, change your channel'

NoMore
Club Player

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke
After the pasting he gave my mate last year I the media for soething that wasn't even racist.
Lets hope this haunts the lying scumbag fo the rest of his life

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:I know this belongs on the Opposition and General Sports Forum, but there's so much comment here already that it needs to be said here.

Fat Eddie (yes I used a derogatory term) should step down as president of Collingwood or give up all his media roles.

He was very good after the unfortunate situation with the young girl on Friday and was not a part of her being displayed all over the usual disreputal media.

However, today he has stepped over the line and revealed his innate racist feelings in a moment of weakness. It doesn't matter what he says he was trying to say, he said what he said, and it was deemed racist by all those who matter in this circumstance.
All afternoon he claimed what he said was not racist. Then he goes on Foxtel, one of his many employers and says yes it was racist, but he didn't mean it to be racist. He was thinking about something else, apparently how they would deal with this in Hollywood. Get Goodsy in for some promotion about a play with a giant ape. He was tired.
Went on to say he has an impeccable reputation in these matters. I don't remember him getting stuck into Malthouse when he unjustly vilified Milney.

Eddie is as sorry as George Pell.

In another thread you basically said what the girl said wasnt racist but now it is Eddie you want him to resign and he didnt call anyone an ape. I knew a few would change their mind because it is Eddie.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Eddie kept saying it was a slip of the tongue. One word or maybe two words would be a slip of the tongue. He went on for at least 30 seconds. Drongo!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Just saw Eddie explaining it all.  

Quite a funny story really. Here's Eddie thinking about the topic (King Kong The Musical, Racism, Goodes etc) and the exact opposite of what he's thinking comes out his gob!  Likened it to sitting at a typewriter and thinking one thing while different words appear on the paper.

That poor bastard. I wonder if this is the only time that's happened?

Maybe when he says Collingwood supporters are not racist and that his club is leading the way he means.... 

stinger
Saintsational Legend

look, i dislike eddie everywhere with a passion...he's a creep.......been creepy for years in fact..i haven't forgotten that party where a girl was sexually molested...not by eddie but he was there....and culpable to some extent...pity plugger didn't hit him with that crutch...but this is all getting ridiculous.....kick the glrl out of the ground...full stop...not here fault she was brought up by feral pigs of the filth clan...what would you expect.....eddie had a brain fade......fullstop...sack him from the radio show if you like...but make him and the girl wear sack cloth and ashes in public.. is going to far.........the arsehole fan caught on camera ans posted on utube is far worse imhfo..and he appears to have escaped with the least damage to his reputation..........

....eddie is two faced i know.......hasn't said boo about the filth directed by his filth at milney...and that is something i will never forgive him for......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Eddie kept saying it was a slip of the tongue. One word or maybe two words would be a slip of the tongue. He went on for at least 30 seconds. Drongo!

that last word sums him up.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Just saw Eddie explaining it all.  

Quite a funny story really. Here's Eddie thinking about the topic (King Kong The Musical, Racism, Goodes etc) and the exact opposite of what he's thinking comes out his gob!  Likened it to sitting at a typewriter and thinking one thing while different words appear on the paper.

That poor bastard. I wonder if this is the only time that's happened?

Maybe when he says Collingwood supporters are not racist and that his club is leading the way he means.... 
Freudian slip?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

He doesnt need to resign. BUT he now needs to use his position to educate and this means making an example of himself. If he is willing to do this then he should keep his job,
but if he uses his clout to sidestep the issue, then he can go

loris
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Yeah, you just gotta laugh.

Maybe we should get John Singleton to help us reduce our exposure to Eddie Everywhere? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Singo's little biffo with the Waterhouse family, has indirectly produced a good result for all of us who, for the past few years, have been complaining about sports betting invading and inciting impressionable youth into the gambling culture, by exposing them to gambing odds incessently on televised sports programs.

The worst culprit was gamings equivalent to 'Eddie Everywhere'........ the ubiquitous, Tom Waterhouse. Thanks to Singo's tirade with horesy Mum Gai, Tom Waterhouse has been collateral damage, and we are going to be mostly spared his spruiking at every add break. :P :P :P :P :P

What can Singo do to lessen the exposure of Eddie Everywhere? Thoughts anyone????????

Or has Eddie done it all himself, with his recent gaff? I hope so. And like the public backlash against gambling exposure on media outlets, I cross my fingers that public opinion will also result in Eddie being diminished, to some extent, from our view and hearing.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: In another thread you basically said what the girl said wasnt racist but now it is Eddie you want him to resign and he didnt call anyone an ape. I knew a few would change their mind because it is Eddie.
I actually said it depends on the context the word is used, and I doubt the girl was being racist.

There is not doubt about what Eddie was saying.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote: In another thread you basically said what the girl said wasnt racist but now it is Eddie you want him to resign and he didnt call anyone an ape. I knew a few would change their mind because it is Eddie.
I actually said it depends on the context the word is used, and I doubt the girl was being racist.

You actually said this which I cant beleive so i have no idea why you should Eddie should resign based on king Kong.

I just looked up "Ape" in a very basic dictionary and the second definition is:

"an unintelligent or clumsy person"

No reference whatever to being a racist comment.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

You actually said this which I cant beleive so i have no idea why you should Eddie should resign based on king Kong.

Eddie didn't use the word ape, so you're just wanting exercise your ego as usual.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Eddie didn't use the word ape, so you're just wanting exercise your ego as usual.

Dont try and get out of saying something stupid. I reckon the dictionary doesnt say King Kong is racist either. Just another Fonzie. Cant say the word I was wrrrrooo.