I have to wonder?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkfc1
Club Player

I have to wonder?

Just got back from the game and I have to say, I've been to quite a few games this year (not just ours) and I have to say that was one of the strangest games I've witnessed. If a team was going out of its way to try to loose a game, I cant think of it. There were so many times tonight we had options to go to and it was like we waited till the 1% option came up and that the one we took. And it wasn't like the players cared. There was almost a wry look on their faces when things went wrong. Richmond were hard at it, don't get me wrong, but I was with a bunch of my Tiger mates tonight and even they were befuddled by what we were dishing out and the options we chose.Our own players were going out of there way to spoil each other, plenty of options forward but we choose the 3 on 2 option sideways or just blatant miss kicks.
I know we have a young team and sometimes things are going to go astray but it really seemed like we played the first quarter like we know we're capable of ,and then the rest of the game we just did barely enough to look like we were still interested. I don't like using the T(anking) word but I can't help think we're doing our best to go there. There is either something seriously amiss with the playing group and coaching staff or we are playing for draft picks. Would like to know what other people think?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: I have to wonder?

I only watched it on TV so got a different view. Looks to me like we're just not very good. The older guys are by and large not going at 100%, the kids are making mistakes. Not many playing at close to their best. I don't think formal "tanking" is required in that situation.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: I have to wonder?

I don't think we are tanking, we are in a rebuild and right at the moment we are awful, we may not improve much until we've been back to the draft
and recruited some decent players. It will take more than one draft, we are not like Geelong, we do it the hard way, relax, it'll take awhile....

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?