Well done CJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Well done CJ

Deserves special mention this week IMO. Made his opponent look totally inept and only picked up stats in the final quarter when it was over. Very underrated tagger and one of the best going around and arguably the past 5 years or there about s.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well done CJ

Better game this week. No good at all for our future but he does his job very well. Wont help us at all next year. Like his effort though.

Greg T
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Deserves special mention this week IMO. Made his opponent look totally inept and only picked up stats in the final quarter when it was over. Very underrated tagger and one of the best going around and arguably the past 5 years or there about s.
Agree with this,earns his money today.took a really good player out of the game .

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Agree, gives 120% all the time a good mentor for the young kids showing them that you can work hard and not have much skill but still be great for the team!

PADDLEPOP1000
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Like the Blake, has made the most of his limited abilities.

Good career and a great clubman for the Saints.

Out of the 1400 players on the 140 year guernsey, he is in elite company.

One of the few Saints players to kick a goal in a Grand Final. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Better game this week. No good at all for our future but he does his job very well. Wont help us at all next year. Like his effort though.
Disagree about his value to our future. His hardness and experience has to be of value to the young guy's development in the next couple of years. Most can see he's not going to be kept for his premiership potential but more his building block value

felix
Club Player

Tremendous effort jonesy tuff as old boots , disposal was good and kicked a great goal .

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

His opponent was Stephen Hill, a classy player. He had just 5 kicks, and it is his kicking which sets him apart. The game by Clint (that's Clint Jones, who wears number 4 for the Saints) was as good as you could expect from a tagger. We all know Clint's weakness. But what should be acknowledged is his strength, which should serve as a guide to others in the AFL, now and in the future. You can be a tagger without being a cheat. You can be a tagger without pushing the laws of the games to its limits. And you can be a tagger without drawing blood from your opponent. In his own way, that shows his bit of class.

luc1966
Club Player

Great thread bout time he got credit

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

4 weeks ago most wanted him delisted. Footy is really week to week. i will guess there will be delisted threads at least twice again before the season is out.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:4 weeks ago most wanted him delisted. Footy is really week to week. i will guess there will be delisted threads at least twice again before the season is out.
you can count on that!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Hoges
Club Player

Not sure anyone can assume supporters views from this site - If CJ puts together a few games like this should he be delisted next year ? - we will always need a hard tagger - why not CJ?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Another good effort, but let's not get carried away here, Hill is pretty easily tagged out of games, out of ten games this year he's only had 3 with over 20 touches.

CJ has been destroyed when playing on the genuine guns this year,

The main purpose of the hard tag is to take the best players out of it, Fyfe, Barlow & Mundy way ahead of Hill for impact, so why did we hard tag Hill?

St Lenny
Club Player

Well I have always been a CJ fan and I think people don't look at the good he does. So great thread :)

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Me to ,love his hardness!

PADDLEPOP1000
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Another good effort, but let's not get carried away here, Hill is pretty easily tagged out of games, out of ten games this year he's only had 3 with over 20 touches.

The main purpose of the hard tag is to take the best players out of it, Fyfe, Barlow & Mundy way ahead of Hill for impact, so why did we hard tag Hill?
Which genuine guns are you talking about.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
dragit wrote:Another good effort, but let's not get carried away here, Hill is pretty easily tagged out of games, out of ten games this year he's only had 3 with over 20 touches.

Which genuine guns are you talking about.
Watson, Cotchin, Ablett, Pendlebury, McVeigh etc.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Hill is the 4th or 5th banana in the fremantle midfield.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Against us he is....

Jones has killed him half a dozen times now.... Like Boomer and many other outside mids

BOG today

Should he remain on the list....No

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Better game this week. No good at all for our future but he does his job very well. Wont help us at all next year. Like his effort though.
It's amusing how we need certain players to hang around 'til they're 35 but CJ won't help us at all next year. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Deserves his spot in the side and deserves another year if he wants one.

saintcrazy
Club Player

CJ was great today, admired his game.He still brings plenty to the team, setting an example to the newer players (Lenny being the ultimate in this regard). Definitely should be around next year, because I don't think we have anyone else to take his spot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
It's amusing how we need certain players to hang around 'til they're 35 but CJ won't help us at all next year. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Deserves his spot in the side and deserves another year if he wants one.

Its more amusing that you would compare him to Lenny. Ive said it before. he is playing well most games this year but has still been dropped twice and probably will again. Lenny or CJ. That may be the choice. Ha ha ha.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I didn't see the game but kudos on CJ playing well...

the thing is that he doesn't play many games like that anymore. His decline started mid 2010 and as the years go by, he's playing fewer and fewer good games.

I don't mind keeping him on the list as I think he contributes to the club in many ways both on and off the field, I'm just inclined to say he needs to be dropped quicker when he plays bad games.

A player like Wright or Saad, you can u/s persevering with them when they put in a few good games. Seb Ross too. You don't get that with CJ

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I have never been a big fan of CJ because of his poor disposal, but I must say that he has lifted himself this year and his kicking has improved a great deal -no doubt lots of practice & not before time. He still has a role to play for us if he can maintain his recent good form.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely shows kids how to get a game- work harder than every one else. Go CJ.