Travis Tuck

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ljpoyz
Club Player

Travis Tuck

Looking very good in the Foxtel Cup. Obviously had some mental health issues whilst at Hawthorn,
mail is he has turned his life around and doing well these days. Still very young and looks a player
who would fit into our needed age bracket well.
Thoughts?

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Travis Tuck

Too old.

He's 27/28 isn't he??

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Absolutely not

Scoop
Club Player

He has just turned 26.....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
noddy04
Club Player

Shane Birss and Nicholas Winmar also were in that game. Birssy for Westies and Winmar for Claremont

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't take a junkie, who was a 4times club Champion, Brownlow Medalist, AA,remixer ship player, captain and star

Not sure we would take a fringe junkie

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Wouldn't take a junkie, who was a 4times club Champion, Brownlow Medalist, AA,remixer ship player, captain and star

Not sure we would take a fringe junkie

Different coach or is everything black and white? I wouldnt take him but that is clearly the difference.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

I would , saw him when he played for the hawks and he looked like he could play,!

PADDLEPOP1000
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He has done enough to have a few recruiters consider him again. Would rather get Garlett and try to get him away from bad influences in Perth.

PurpleHayes
Club Player

Tuck could well fit a genuine need for the next few seasons.

If Hayes retires (which I'll put my credibility on the line and say that he will) then Tuck comes in potentiallylike for like. Would need to make sure his foot skills are decent and he has a big tank, doubt he is quick, but neither is Lenny.

Tuck is also in the age bracket we lack 24-26. (26 at start of season 2014) and he adds another hard bodied inside mid.

Decent write up in the foxtel cup semi final. I like ability to stand up in big, hard contested, pressure games:
'Travis, the son of Hawthorn great Michael Tuck and brother of Richmond’s Shane, was a fierce presence throughout the entirety of the contest, recording a team-high 23 possessions (19 contested), while working tirelessly to contribute five tackles, five clearances and three inside-50s.'

If we trade Dal Santo I'd like to see us pick up Garlett. IMHO Garlett is not yet ready for AFL but he does have incredible foot skills and a turn of pace. (And don't we need those two?!) He could eventually replace Dal in 2 years time, doing an apprenticeship In a fwd pocket or HBF. (think chris yarran)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PurpleHayes wrote:Tuck could well fit a genuine need for the next few seasons.

If Hayes retires (which I'll put my credibility on the line and say that he will) then Tuck comes in potentiallylike for like. Would need to make sure his foot skills are decent and he has a big tank, doubt he is quick, but neither is Lenny.

Tuck is also in the age bracket we lack 24-26. (26 at start of season 2014) and he adds another hard bodied inside mid.

Decent write up in the foxtel cup semi final. I like ability to stand up in big, hard contested, pressure games:
'Travis, the son of Hawthorn great Michael Tuck and brother of Richmond’s Shane, was a fierce presence throughout the entirety of the contest, recording a team-high 23 possessions (19 contested), while working tirelessly to contribute five tackles, five clearances and three inside-50s.'

If we trade Dal Santo I'd like to see us pick up Garlett. IMHO Garlett is not yet ready for AFL but he does have incredible foot skills and a turn of pace. (And don't we need those two?!) He could eventually replace Dal in 2 years time, doing an apprenticeship In a fwd pocket or HBF. (think chris yarran)

Lenny wont retire unless pushed. Like for like with Lenny. Not unless Lenny is a VFL player. He isnt very good and wont really help the side in the long run. Happy to try Garlett but no to Tuck. Better to try to keep Lenny one more year to help the young guys.

#gosaintas
Club Player

The Tuck family is absolutely braindead. We don't need a Tuck.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Too slow & not we need - would rather the short term pain playing & developing the kids on the list.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Jarred
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:The Tuck family is absolutely braindead. We don't need a Tuck.
Bit harsh mate?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Jarred wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:The Tuck family is absolutely braindead. We don't need a Tuck.
Bit harsh mate?
he has a point...

"and the winner of the Norm Smith medal go's too.."
-Michael Tuck announcing the winner of the Michael Tuck medal....named after him

Bring back the Lockett era