Experts knew jack

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Experts knew jack

Once again this week, just like last week, all the experts selected Freo. Against us. At Etihad. Now I realise that they have had a sensational year, but the Suns' year has hardly been brilliant. Solid, perhaps, but not brilliant. We won that game in a canter by 8 goals, could have been 10.
And this week, despite Freo leaving behind 8 players to rest them, and having to omit another 3 with injuries, Robert Walls, Barry Hall, David Parkin, etc all go with Freo. We win by 12 goals, and probably should have been 15, but we were looking for Milney, Kosi and Blakey because of the occasion. I reckon our record at Etihad over the ast decade and a half commands a bit of respect, especially as three of our losses there this year were only by a kick, and usually a free kick at that. Thoughts?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Experts knew jack

Dont most of them have to put in their tip before the teams are announced?

Before Im 85
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Well we only had 3 wins on the board (incl GWS and Melbourne) before GC game. I was surprised how lacklustre Freo was - I think they were told to play bruise free football to avoid injury/suspension and keep powder dry on warm day. But that is a bit of demoralising loss on the eve of the finals. I'm sure Ross thought they wouldn't be that bad. The reasons people on this site are not so down despite finishing 13 is that they realise we have been competitive all year except for a few blowouts in the second half of season. So the ability is there. Good drafting and recruiting should see us competitive again next year but maybe finish similar on the ladder as we get games into the kiddies.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SW saaid on the radio on the way in to the match that he expected another tough season results wise next year, but I think the supporters are fine with it as long as we go "wit de yute" and avoid any more cast off from other clubs pick ups.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

The betting agencies had us as favourites… I guess they are the real experts on tipping.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:The betting agencies had us as favourites… I guess they are the real experts on tipping.
Nah, they just got the word early that Freo were going to make about a dozen changes !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!