"I hope 'they' kick straight"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

"I hope 'they' kick straight"

Ironic that Rossy cursed the Dockers on The Footy Show a few night ago.

After a light hearted interview and a few dorothy dix type questions they asked him what he hoped the team would do and he said; "I hope they kick straight" Right there I thought here we go. Pr1ck already has his excuse ready.

You are part of the team Ross and without everyone believing and trusting in each other and being accountable the team can't achieve greatness. I love coaches like Clarko who are passionate about their team and Clarko even gets involved in the team song after a win. You cannot fake that and strength comes from inner belief.

You are not a great coach Ross. The use of the word 'they' highlights his attitude. You are in the same team Ross - the players are not 'they' f***wit.

Well he ended up cursing them and blowing his chance at greatness. He definitely put extra pressure on his forwards minds before the ball was bounced. I'm sure they would have been watching. Poor bastards must have had a couple of bad nights tossing and turning thinking about it. And now in the press conference he has the gall to say "Would we have won? I'm not sure." C'mon Ross. Enough excuses. You're not good enough and you got outcoached.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: "I hope 'they' kick straight"

i knew they weren't going to win when i saw that they were all wearing sunnies in the parade..... :D :D :D :D :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Seriously if people are blaming what RKL said on their bad kicking then we know they have little idea about the game but those same people got the result they wanted. Good on them.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

He's a technician. always has been. Guardiola is a disciplinarian\motivator, Ferguson was a great developer of youth\man manager.....

All coaches have their stregths. RL lost today. I wouldn't have mind if he had stolen the cup, I'm not even sure why yet.

Cant't really understand the venom being spit at him.

In truth if his innocuous comments in the build up were enough to put fyfe and co off their kicking, they were never going to win.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
SuperDuper
Club Player

Poor kicking has cost Lyon 2 premierships.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Any quotes from Clarko's footy show interview? I actually love Clarko as a coach, not because he uses particular words, or sings song - but for his coaching.

But nonetheless as per your post - What words caused the other 16 coaches to miss this years GF?

Everyone send these words to Scallop and he can add them to his list and we can send them to Watters ASAP.

My contribution: car, pointy, submarine.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Good news guys; I iQed The Footy Show.

Some words by Clarko to add to the winners list to send Watters: the, and, Saturday and Sam.

2014 in the bag!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stop it children!

We should show Ross the respect he deserves lol.

Carry on. ....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Good news guys; I iQed The Footy Show.

Some words by Clarko to add to the winners list to send Watters: the, and, Saturday and Sam.

2014 in the bag!
Lyon prepares meticulously...he'd already prepared his excuse :lol: :twisted: That was the point of he OP as well as to just say that he was outcoached...yet again

Plus imho, the use of the word 'they' when referring to his players is symbolic of Mr 'career coach' (more weasel words from RL) the snake oil salesman.

Clarko got the job done after building a capable list. Guys like Breust, Gungston, and others were considered rejects and Lake was considered a basket case a couple of years ago.

The other 16 teams know that it's important to build a capable list and then anything is possible. I reckon Watters is not only the right man to lead us but also will be integral (if not the key person) in the Saints rebuild

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:

2014 in the bag!
Lyon prepares meticulously...he'd already prepared his excuse :lol: :twisted: That was the point of he OP as well as to just say that he was outcoached...yet again

Plus imho, the use of the word 'they' when referring to his players is symbolic of Mr 'career coach' (more weasel words from RL) the snake oil salesman.

Clarko got the job done after building a capable list. Guys like Breust, Gungston, and others were considered rejects and Lake was considered a basket case a couple of years ago.

The other 16 teams know that it's important to build a capable list and then anything is possible. I reckon Watters is not only the right man to lead us but also will be integral (if not the key person) in the Saints rebuild

As you think you are an expert can you tell me how RL was out coached. should be easy for you. And can you tell me how SW is the right man for the job. he may or may not be but just saying he is the right man means jack.

It is very funny stuff on this fine morning in Melbourne. They missed shots because RL said I hope they kick straight. Hilarious.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Gunston a reject? You're doing wonders for your credibility with rubbish like that Scollop.

NFI.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Gunston a reject? You're doing wonders for your credibility with rubbish like that Scollop.

NFI.
Ok - point taken. We're not all perfect like you 'dragit'. I meant he was recycled.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:

2014 in the bag!

Oh you don't have to further explain your theory - that's why I'm contributing to the list of good and bad words for GF coaches being interviewed on the footy show.

Not sure on Gunstan though.. Reject at Adelaide? The complete opposite - might have to watch a bit more football other than the GF every year to notice a very obvious point like that.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
dragit wrote:Gunston a reject? You're doing wonders for your credibility with rubbish like that Scollop.

NFI.
Ok - point taken. We're not all perfect like you 'dragit'. I meant he was recycled.

No ones perfect but some need to take a lot more points on than others. A lot lot more.

NFI is probably the amount here. Good call.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Especially your mate Rossy

Ring him up and ring Zac and tell them how much you love them...Oh...and send them my regards while your at it