Sen predicting mass exodus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sen predicting mass exodus

Sen reporting that dal gone already.
Senior players have sooked.
Montagna and Riewoldt also possibly looking to go.
Fisher forced out (would anyone take him?).
McEvoy maybe to GWS.

I take it with a grain of salt or ten.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sen predicting mass exodus

Con Gorozidis wrote:Sen reporting that dal gone already.
McEvoy maybe to GWS.

Roo would be a massive shock. The others wouldn't surprise.

Austinnn
Club Player

I reckon it's rubbish, but I said the same when people here were talking about Ross leaving - about an hour before he did!

We'll find out soon enough if it's true or not, if it is it's pretty disturbing, but not the end. Clean out, get a few trades for younger hungrier players without big names. If we have to start from scratch, so be it. Let the vets chase their flag as long as we get something for them.

On the other hand, I'd be stoked if they stayed and helped the next gen through. I can't imagine Lenny or even Roo leaving, and anyone we keep on top of that is bonus.

Whatever, we'll be fine if members and fans and admin and coaches all push in the same direction.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Still reporting that Roo is leaving despite the club going to the bizarre length of releasing a statement saying he wasn't?

Someone down at SEN has gotten into granddads secret stash methinks

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I didnt listen to SEN last night but just because one of 10 presenters says that doesnt mean the whole station says that. I listened during the day and they said many times Rooy will not go. About 5 presenters said that. The others could go so nothing wrong with saying it. Everyone else seems to be saying it too. Not all will go but they are the ones who could be going. Ive said it before and i will say it again. Pelchan will either make or break this club and it could come quickly. The AFL are propping up clubs at the moment but lets see what happens when we have a new CEO and new broadcast rights.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy maybe to GWS.

its just people on big footy talking about trades, this is where its come from. people should calm down. Bains was on radio this monring.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Roo should go and make Steven Captain. Get some AFL funding finish 18 th next season and do a full rebuild.

Might be the way to go add harsh add it sounds.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm getting the feeing that he club has not been as well run as I thought over the last couple of years...gut feeling

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I'm getting the feeing that he club has not been as well run as I thought over the last couple of years...gut feeling
I definitely feel we have not capitalized with on field success and that's a shame

We almost needed to plan for the downtime at that stage as we knew it would come - we haven't both on field and off

“Yeah….nah””
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I didnt listen to SEN last night but just because one of 10 presenters says that doesnt mean the whole station says that. I listened during the day and they said many times Rooy will not go. About 5 presenters said that. The others could go so nothing wrong with saying it. Everyone else seems to be saying it too. Not all will go but they are the ones who could be going. Ive said it before and i will say it again. Pelchan will either make or break this club and it could come quickly. The AFL are propping up clubs at the moment but lets see what happens when we have a new CEO and new broadcast rights.
Good point re Pelchen.

Im in favour of blowing up the ship completely with Roo, Lenny and Dal the big no no's

gringo
Saintsational Legend

We had a situation where we paid these top 6 players 40% of our cap. They have always been greedy spoilt s***s and now when they have to take a step backwards and they aren't having the club get on it's knees for them they want out. They should all f%$# off as far as I'm concerned.

If it wasn't for Roo, Goddard, Dal etc. they could have got some extra talent in and won us a premiership. I remember they didn't want Zac to go but the only way to keep him was to have our stars take a pay cut. Whoops he went. Goddard couldn't stay because he needed an extra $400 000 even though he wasn't playing that well at the time. But he bleeds St Kilda? Lynch might have been able to be tempted to stay if we said look we see a place in the next couple of years here is $100000 to stay front ended for now and he might have still been here.

I think we should just let them go and get the trades going don't let these whiney bitches hold our club to ransom any more. Handle them like Richmond handled Dusty. Fisher might just be retired because of his own stupidity. Lenny looks like he's staying but the rest can piss off.

spert
Saintsational Legend

We'll just have to wait and see, as I don't trust anything AFL clubs say in the media. Let's face it, our most experienced group of players will not contribute to our next premiership, and they couldn't get us over the line in the last three attempts..why keep them on the list? Sorry, but although I appreciate their efforts over the years, I'm not really an advocate of keeping older blokes on the list just to keep a warm fuzzy feeling around the club or to be just competitive in some games.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bains - All players contracted, players have to be happy with trades (so does club)

Roo will not be traded - Pelchan, Saints website

Dal Santo - Essendon and North interest but nothing at all presented to the Saints

Montagna - no interest as yet

Fisher - some interest from GWS as SoS previous defensive coach, nothign concrete.

FFS - will people stop posting this hysterical nonsense.

Apart from Roo, every single one of those players are contracted, so the trades will have to be on the clubs terms even if they wanted out.

Unless of course people want to believe all the rumour as fact, and that Bains, Pelcan and the president are have all lied in recent interviews.

Suppose it is much more "exciting" than the truth.

As for the Dal Santo deal being done, Bains stated this morning that nothing had been offered to the Saints. Interesting that the deal is done with no offer, unless of course Bains is a liar.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
wolfpup
Club Player

think we all need to take a chill pill. other clubs are trying to put the saints into a bad light during this trade period, its a crazy time of year.
saints are knocking on a lot of doors at the moment (trade wise) and we seem to be hitting raw nerves with many of the clubs.

the positive i suppose is at least we understand which agents and players we are talking to squeal to the media like idiots, lot of these negotiations are meant to be confidential

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
Richter
SS Life Member

McEvoy maybe to GWS.

The point is that ALL these players are contracted to the club for next year. Hence if any leave then they will be because of the club's choice. At least we are not in the situation that Melbourne found themselves in when they lost players due to free agency. If we choose then NONE of the senior players need leave. So what it comes doen to is whether we trust Pelchen/Bains/Watters to get this balance right.

I expect that a max of 2 of the above mentioned names might go.

Dal and Montagna - have the greatest remaining currency and might snag a late 1st round/early second or mid 2nd round + GOP (e.g. Bruce/Delaney)

Chips - worth 5c; might get late 2nd round/early 3rd/GOP KPP for him if we're lucky

Rooey - surely we'd only let him go for a top 15 pick or two mid 20s picks. At least we have Tom Lee who is showing something. We'd probably look at taking one of quality Talls coming around next draft (McCartin, Goddard etc.)

McEvoy - if we could get something decent for him I'd move him on in a flash. Doubt anyone would be silly enough to give anything more than a mid 20s pick for him though... in which case we might as well keep him.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Apart from Roo, every single one of those players are contracted, so the trades will have to be on the clubs terms even if they wanted out.
Good post jb. Typo here though? Roo is contracted to the end of 2014.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6528065982

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Apart from Roo, every single one of those players are contracted, so the trades will have to be on the clubs terms even if they wanted out.
Good post jb. Typo here though? Roo is contracted to the end of 2014.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6528065982

yes Richter mistake in sentence structure.

Every player mentioned is contracted.

Meant to relay, that Roo is not even up for trade, and the others mentioned may be up for trade but will be on our terms. May lose none or all, but on the clubs terms.

Hardly disarray as some excitable types on here would have you think :wink:

Missed McEvoy - not a word on McEvoy from Bains, however he is contracted all all of the others.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hawks & GWS will both be annoyed and cashed up & annoyed to miss out on buddy.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Meant to relay, that Roo is not even up for trade, and the others mentioned may be up for trade but will be on our terms. May lose none or all, but on the clubs terms.

I actually wonder about Rooey. I mean if we were offered a great deal for him, perhaps it would be foolish not to consider it? Of course we can't say that publicly, but Rooey is a smart enough operator to know that too. Rooey himself stated that EVERY player (even Lenny hayes in his example) is up for trade if an unbelievable offer came in for them.

Would anyone take these for Rooey... (I would)

Tigers - #12 and #31 <--------> Riewoldt, #41
Bulldogs - #4 <-------> Riewoldt, #24, #41
Carlton - #14, #33 <-------------> Riewoldt, #41

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Meant to relay, that Roo is not even up for trade, and the others mentioned may be up for trade but will be on our terms. May lose none or all, but on the clubs terms.

I actually wonder about Rooey. I mean if we were offered a great deal for him, perhaps it would be foolish not to consider it? Of course we can't say that publicly, but Rooey is a smart enough operator to know that too. Rooey himself stated that EVERY player (even Lenny hayes in his example) is up for trade if an unbelievable offer came in for them.

Would anyone take these for Rooey... (I would)

Tigers - #12 and #31 <--------> Riewoldt, #41
Bulldogs - #4 <-------> Riewoldt, #24, #41
Carlton - #14, #33 <-------------> Riewoldt, #41
From my perspective Roo is the equilevent of Robert Harvey, Trevor Barker, and the Doc.

Heart and Soul of the STKFC and should never be traded.

He is head and shoulder above ever other player on our list (including Lenny), and sometimes players are needed to be above the club (only once in a generation).

I want Roo to walk alongside the names I have mentioned. he needs to be a Saints for his whole playing career.

I know that sounds at odds with my stance on trading, but Riewoldt is the once in a generation player and even on one leg is still a great player and his value to the fabric of the club goes way beyond him as player and captain.

Lance or James??

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If we trade Roo it will be as bad as Stewart and Plugger. He is our best player of this era by a margin, on every measure is a champion.... Skill, commitment, courage, effort

It's not just about what he's going to do, it's about what he's done.... If he doesn't retire a Saint it will be a travesty.

SW said that young player see the way we treat our champions (which is what they want to be) they would have been inspired last Round
How would they be feeling with 3 or 4 ageing contracted superstars being shopped around like pieces of Meat.... If they can do that, what does it say about, respect and loyalty... How is supposed to create a sense of security at Seaford??

They see Nick R (and others)shipped off.... They will see the club as a place of work, which they will change as soon as a better offer lands.... Not as a home, which is difficult to leave due to an allegiance.

The 1998-2002 group stayed together in the face of countless offers by big clubs! No doubt the Loyal Legends Robert Harvey, Nathan Burke, Stewart Loewe, Max Hudghton, Andrew Thompson, Austin Jones the inspirations In fact a group of them made a pact, and Luke Ball was the beginning of the end for that group....

Don't sell Nick

He is the StK beacon, has been since he arrived.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:From my perspective Roo is the equilevent of Robert Harvey, Trevor Barker, and the Doc.

Heart and Soul of the STKFC and should never be traded.

He is head and shoulder above ever other player on our list (including Lenny), and sometimes players are needed to be above the club (only once in a generation).

I want Roo to walk alongside the names I have mentioned. he needs to be a Saints for his whole playing career.

I know that sounds at odds with my stance on trading, but Riewoldt is the once in a generation player and even on one leg is still a great player and his value to the fabric of the club goes way beyond him as player and captain.
Fair points.

Just on the Doc though, he moved back to Tassie at the age of 30 to finish his career in the state league there... Rooey turns 31 in a fortnight... and he's a Tassie boy originally too :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If we trade Roo it will be as bad as Stewart and Plugger. He is our best player of this era by a margin, on every measure is a champion.... Skill, commitment, courage, effort

It's not just about what he's going to do, it's about what he's done.... If he doesn't retire a Saint it will be a travesty.
Totally agree.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Sell Roo or Lenny and you may as well board the place up.

Surely they are the heart and soul of the club (and the brand)... sell your heart and soul and you're finished.

Or maybe we should change our name every year according to sponsors requirements?

Middo
Club Player

Not sure the club is shopping around 3/4 contracted superstars as stated on here by posters..
Pretty sure the club has stated they will be looking at all options and ways to improve the club ..?
I've heard Rooey is staying and Dal Santo would look at something that may be helpful to both parties but would prefer to stay so the media have stated. ..?
Fisher linked to GWS well why not hardly been on the park of late .....
Cant see anywhere that the club has said Rooey up for trade ..?
All piss & wind ..

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!