Chris Pelchen !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Chris Pelchen !!

Chris Pelchen told about 80 Platinum Members on 19 August that it was the club's intention to make a few difficult and unpopular decisions in order to get extra 1st Round picks over the next 2 years. I guess he is true to his word with this promise. How much further he goes this year and next year is anyone's guess. Next years Draft appears to have plenty of quality big guys so he may be done for this year, meaning that DalSanto could now be at better odds to stay !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: Chris Pelchen !!

Eastern wrote:Chris Pelchen told about 80 Platinum Members on 19 August that it was the club's intention to make a few difficult and unpopular decisions in order to get extra 1st Round picks over the next 2 years. I guess he is true to his word with this promise. How much further he goes this year and next year is anyone's guess. Next years Draft appears to have plenty of quality big guys so he may be done for this year, meaning that DalSanto could now be at better odds to stay !!

I was just thinking the same thing. How many more first round picks would we want this year?

(Obviously "as many as possible", but not if we have to give up too much to get them)

Always loyal
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:
Eastern wrote:Chris Pelchen told about 80 Platinum Members on 19 August that it was the club's intention to make a few difficult and unpopular decisions in order to get extra 1st Round picks over the next 2 years. I guess he is true to his word with this promise. How much further he goes this year and next year is anyone's guess. Next years Draft appears to have plenty of quality big guys so he may be done for this year, meaning that DalSanto could now be at better odds to stay !!

I was just thinking the same thing. How many more first round picks would we want this year?

(Obviously "as many as possible", but not if we have to give up too much to get them)
I reckon he'll "shut up shop" now, unless there's some movement on the DalSanto front

That will give us picks 3,17, 21, 37 & 55. Picks 73 & 91 could be used to upgrade Curran & Minchington. By my maths, that's one or two more players to be de-listed !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bennymac5
Club Player

Why would we shut up shop now? Still want Bruce and Delaney.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bennymac5 wrote:Why would we shut up shop now? Still want Bruce and Delaney.

Bruce for #37. Not a fan of Delaney !!

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

It's Pelican time.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:

I reckon he'll "shut up shop" now, unless there's some movement on the DalSanto front

That will give us picks 3,17, 21, 37 & 55. Picks 73 & 91 could be used to upgrade Curran & Minchington. By my maths, that's one or two more players to be de-listed !!
I believe there will be more to come - I believe the McEvoy trade will work in our favour. I suggest Dal Santo will still go and if North cant get it done this week he will go to another club who can provide a first round selection. We still have to prise Bruce and Delaney out of their respective clubs and I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints get a first round for Dal that they give GWS pick 22 for Bruce and another fringe player or later picks in the deal.

I have total faith in Chris Pelchen and his team !!!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Exactly, the main aim this trade period was to secure a couple of key backs…

Instead we have lost our number #1 ruckmen so far.

Plenty of work to do yet, we still need the backs and probably a mature ruckmen now.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

And looks like you want a new nickname :wink:

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Bains just said on radio strategy coming into trade period was to get first round picks.

Interesting.

Always loyal
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Pelchen is not a sentimental man. Apparently Kennett hated the Pelican because of it. Losing Josh Kennedy to Sydney and him becoming a gun was too much for Kennett who famously said that no Premiership player from the Hawks would get the sack only for Pelchen to start another rebuild the next day. He will put heaps of noses out of joint but he will rebuild our list right. Port and hawks won premierships with his lists he has runs on the board.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

SemperFidelis wrote:Bains just said on radio strategy coming into trade period was to get first round picks.

Interesting.
Sorry, I left out the "3". 3 first round picks. 2 down, I to go?

Always loyal
saint6709
Club Player

What happened to fisher to GWS ??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:What happened to fisher to GWS ??
Patience. We still have more than a Hamill to go before the Trade Period is over.

Sorry; we still have more than 2 weeks to go before the Trade Period is over. 8-)

FQF
SS Life Member

Still think we need another midfielder who will go straight into our 22. Especially if we lose Dal, that will see our midfield gain Savage (and maybe pick 3 if he goes straight in) and lose Dal, which is a downgrade.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Exactly, the main aim this trade period was to secure a couple of key backs…

Instead we have lost our number #1 ruckmen so far.

Plenty of work to do yet, we still need the backs and probably a mature ruckmen now.
This trade was the first shoe to fall.

We have got #3, # 17 and # 21, we are after a first rounder for Dal (or we can keep him, both good results), we can deal with GWS on Bruce, and who knows what Pelchan has up his sleeve

We get a useful mid and lose a good ruckman, but to make an omlette you have to break some eggs.

Lets see how it pans out.

Journo's pissed off because they didn't see this coming, mainly because they are clueless muppets.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

reckon 21 will push out to 22 when the daisy compo goes to carlton???

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

I think perhaps Pelchen is posturing to trade Dal, and pick 17 for Delaney and picks 8 & 26. North have already offered 26 and Delaney for Dal... throwing in the 8 for 17 means North lose nothing as they can still use 17 for Luke McDonald and the Saints get a pretty fair deal for Dal.

Win Win.....

bozza1980
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I think perhaps Pelchen is posturing to trade Dal, and pick 17 for Delaney and picks 8 & 26. North have already offered 26 and Delaney for Dal... throwing in the 8 for 17 means North lose nothing as they can still use 17 for Luke McDonald and the Saints get a pretty fair deal for Dal.

Win Win.....
The Number 8 pick is gone.

They used it to get Luke McDonald under Father-Son.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
The Craw
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:I think perhaps Pelchen is posturing to trade Dal, and pick 17 for Delaney and picks 8 & 26. North have already offered 26 and Delaney for Dal... throwing in the 8 for 17 means North lose nothing as they can still use 17 for Luke McDonald and the Saints get a pretty fair deal for Dal.

Win Win.....

North have already used pick 8 for Mcdonald (Father/Son) just not and option.

Not Craw, CRAW!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Win Win.....

no...8 has gone on father son pick...and north have said pick 26 is not on offer for dal...they want us to cut him loose so they can get him under free agency and we get a compo pick...around 22..23....not enough...imho.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hope we trade Dal for the Buddy compo pick and give Delaney the option of coming via the PSD. He would be a good get for the Hawks.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

The Craw wrote:

Win Win.....

North have already used pick 8 for Mcdonald (Father/Son) just not and option.
North have committed their first round pick, not specifically 8. It is quite within the rules for them to trade 8 for a later first rounder and use it for McDonald.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: North have committed their first round pick, not specifically 8. It is quite within the rules for them to trade 8 for a later first rounder and use it for McDonald.
Really?

That would be unbelievable… I can't see it happening though.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:What happened to fisher to GWS ??
Patton had a look around Seaford at the start of the week so still may happen

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."