to hell with what Sandy want

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

to hell with what Sandy want

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: to hell with what Sandy want

Its a tough one. Sandy have their own glued on fans who feel slighted by the Saints players dominance in their side. From their perspective I understand that.

The compromise sadly is needed. Cant afford yet to go alone so couldn't afford to ruffle Sandy's feathers too much.

Roll on 2016 I say!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Freo were have similar problems with how Ross was managing players from their feeder club also and had to re-negotiate a better deal.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Freo were have similar problems with how Ross was managing players from their feeder club also and had to re-negotiate a better deal.

Im completely unsure that is true.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Freo were have similar problems with how Ross was managing players from their feeder club also and had to re-negotiate a better deal.

Based on?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Based on?

Think they have more than one feeder club for a start.

Rosco
Club Player

Yeah, thought that each freo listed player was aligned to a specific wafl club

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I'm completely unsure a lot of the time too but I distinctly remember the media coverage on the issue while I was in Perth during the month of August. Something about Freo feeder club not being happy because Ross was pulling players so they were available for Freo duty which meant it was substantially reducing their game time and availability for feeder club duties...just can't remember which club it was but I'm assuming it was one of the WAFL clubs. I hate being called a liar.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'm completely unsure a lot of the time too but I distinctly remember the media coverage on the issue while I was in Perth during the month of August. Something about Freo feeder club not being happy because Ross was pulling players so they were available for Freo duty which meant it was substantially reducing their game time and availability for feeder club duties...just can't remember which club it was but I'm assuming it was one of the WAFL clubs. I hate being called a liar.

Who would call you that?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Who would call you that?
Not too many people that know me. So is my response true...did it happen?

Rosco
Club Player

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The silence is deafening...did I tell a porky or was I called a liar falsely?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:The silence is deafening...did I tell a porky or was I called a liar falsely?

Im pretty sure you just misheard or misunderstood what they were saying because freo dont have one club like we do with Sandy.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:The silence is deafening...did I tell a porky or was I called a liar falsely?

Im pretty sure you just misheard or misunderstood what they were saying because freo dont have one club like we do with Sandy.
Don't thinks so as what I heard was that there was some animosity towards RL and the Freo club because of the impact they were having on player availability and game time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Don't thinks so as what I heard was that there was some animosity towards RL and the Freo club because of the impact they were having on player availability and game time.

Strange as they have 4 clubs that players go to. Pretty sure you just misheard it or misunderstood it because the ay you first posted it seemed you thought they only had one club. That happens next year.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

But to be fair to you, you did say you were completely unsure.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Strange as they have 4 clubs that players go to. Pretty sure you just misheard it or misunderstood it because the ay you first posted it seemed you thought they only had one club. That happens next year.
Irrespective of how many feeder clubs they have what I am sure about is that the issue exists just the same but hey you can throw that red herring out if you like and as you say, you are completely unsure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:But to be fair to you, you did say you were completely unsure.

Look Cairnsman these things happen when you are listening to the radio. You obviously just didnt hear it right. It can happen. it would seem really strange that a club was upset when they probably only have about 3 or 4 players usually playing that are on the Freo list. Im sure you werent lying just didnt hear it right.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Look Cairnsman these things happen when you are listening to the radio. You obviously just didnt hear it right. It can happen. it would seem really strange that a club was upset when they probably only have about 3 or 4 players usually playing that are on the Freo list. Im sure you werent lying just didnt hear it right.
I didn't just hear it on the radio and it has been a long running battle as it has been with most AFL clubs over many years, I would have thought you Dads mate or third cousin would have you up to speed on this piece of common knowledge.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I didn't just hear it on the radio and it has been a long running battle as it has been with most AFL clubs over many years, I would have thought you Dads mate or third cousin would have you up to speed on this piece of common knowledge.

Dont know who my dads mate would know about it but I will ask. There are running battles with every club. Some clubs even have cancers in the club. Remember when you said Rooy was a cancer to the club? Anyway it doesnt matter if you heard it wrong on TV.

derby Street
Club Player

Pluggs & Cairnsman come 2014 all West Coast reserve players will be with East Perth and the Dockers will be with Peel Thunder.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dont know who my dads mate would know about it but I will ask. There are running battles with every club. Some clubs even have cancers in the club. Remember when you said Rooy was a cancer to the club? Anyway it doesnt matter if you heard it wrong on TV.
I take it that is check mate then...laughing! Can you blame this one on being drunk again...hilarious.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:Pluggs & Cairnsman come 2014 all West Coast reserve players will be with East Perth and the Dockers will be with Peel Thunder.
Hey thanks for that DS...do you know what agreement Freo came to with regards to management of the AFL listed players?

derby Street
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
derby Street wrote:Pluggs & Cairnsman come 2014 all West Coast reserve players will be with East Perth and the Dockers will be with Peel Thunder.
Hey thanks for that DS...do you know what agreement Freo came to with regards to management of the AFL listed players?
Unsure of the fine details - I heard about it when I was over in Perth this year.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/ ... 2jomy.html

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman i think you might be talking about Freo having an issue with a player being dropped to the reserves side in the WAFL on more than one occasion , from memory it wasnt a huge deal the Dockers and the club came to an arrangment that saw the player moved to another WAFL club .. im not sure it had anything to do with lyon as such , and it wasnt considered a huge deal over here ...

as mentioned next year is the first year where the WCE and Freo are alligned to one club each with Peel being Freo's team Peel are the most under performing team in the comp having never made the finals since they were created back in 97 ( the player some on here are keen on Viv Michie just won their b&f ).... WCE are alligned with East Perth ... the Royals are one of the oldest clubs and one of the most sucessful having 17 flags in their history

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/