The Disgruntled Communicator

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

The Disgruntled Communicator

It's very late and the fizzy drink tally was significant. However, tonight I became aware of the genesis of most of the recent representation of this 'ere footy club as rabbled and disarrayed. Much of the "nudge, nudge, say no more" display of recent times has a common source. Much of this representation can be traced to an email missive launched by someone with narrower interests than the greater St.KFC good. The email in question was sent to a range of mates, acquaintances, media manipulators and practitioners and various industry periphery dwellers.

Originally, the missive was sent to a limited range of sympathetic like minders. From there, it made its way to a wider group, although with some limitation of the mushrooming capability.

I know for a FACT a (small) number of people who contribute to this forum were 1st line addressees, and there are more here who became 2nd line recipients, if only by relay. One of the 1st line of recipients was a certain media type who broadcasts after the sun goes down. The initial missive, and some follow up communiques, have informed this media presence beyond all other sources i.e. he bought it lock, stock and 2 smoking microphones. Much of what 1 apparently well informed commentator on these boards has had to say can be traced back message by message to the particular source to which I refer. I'm not referring to Tony74.

The original communique was solidly anti-coach, and is the origin of the mad Monday dwarf as metaphor line since carried on these boards. The "movement" has taken the original "rabble" narrative and extrapolated beyond what even the instigator had to say originally. References to unmentionable transgressions by the diminutive man in charge, and the major fracturing of key internal relationships also have their origins in this particular email

The email in question also found its way to less noisy media practitioners, 1 of whom is well known and broadly appreciated here. He doubted the veracity of what was postulated, so chose not to lend his weight, although what he read caused him considerable concern. This failed to deter the most noisy end of the commentariat.

As matters continue to unfold it is becoming increasingly apparent the intent of the author was less than wholeheartedly altruistic, and certainly not rooted in reality. It seems back pedaling has become the mode of more recent days.

I don't YET know the identity of the author of the original. But, I am working on it. If, and when, I have corroborated evidence I will not hesitate to be full and frank in disclosure, including those involved in the perpetuation of the nonsense.

Make of this mention what you will. I'd already written most of the purportings off as crap of many colours. What I have learnt tonight validates such a response.

I do hope I have not made the doomsayers even sadder sacks, 'cos they should not be.

Things are very much as Tony74 has suggested, and we are far short of imminent demise. Summers (although, apparently, the noisy protagonist did keep referring to the new pres as "Sumner" on air very, very recently) is proving to be admirable in ascent.

We're not dead yet and won't be anytime soon. Some less than honest or relevant types may not be so lucky.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Austinnn
Club Player

Re: The Disgruntled Communicator

Now THAT is an expose! Stirling work TOT. Hopefully the people you implicate get their just rewards. Love to find out the ID of the sender, but I suppose that is possibly an uncomfortable truth. I just hope it's not someone who we depend on to move our club forward.

I am aware that I am buying into what you say without proof of anything, which makes me no better than the folks buying into what the other mob have been screaming, but they take their line and I'll take mine.

Time will bear out someone's story, I'm going with yours. Chapeaux, as they say over here.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I'm glad you've let us know. Us being the 'Silent Majority' of Saints fans who hate anything bad said about or done to our dear football club. We are not gullible or passive, but remain loyal to the club. I really wonder about the loyalty of these stirrers.

Keep digging Thommo and let's be rid of these idiots who have severely dented our credibility at the most vital time of recent years. This is one of the most important draft and trading periods in our history, and we haven't needed to look like a rabble.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Now THAT is an expose! Stirling work TOT. Hopefully the people you implicate get their just rewards. Love to find out the ID of the sender, but I suppose that is possibly an uncomfortable truth. I just hope it's not someone who we depend on to move our club forward.

I am aware that I am buying into what you say without proof of anything, which makes me no better than the folks buying into what the other mob have been screaming, but they take their line and I'll take mine.

Time will bear out someone's story, I'm going with yours. Chapeaux, as they say over here.
Austinn, it's real. A few trusted (by me) fellow travellers have become aware of this subversion in very recent times. Much undeserved malevolence has been directed toward the Watty man, and propagated by flat out myth or extreme embellishment of minor goings on.

I default to my posts in the "Untenable" thread although, after what I learnt a few hours back, I am not so inclined to measured understanding borne of some appreciation of group dynamics and communication shortcomings, therein. It now shapes as misanthropic and Machiavellian manipulation by the irrelevant.

The good thing is, Summers didn't succumb and this bodes well. Board together and looking to the future, which is exactly what we need. Disunity is death, and graves are invariably dug by necromancers.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

TOT it would be very appreciated if you could PM me the email

I for one would endorse the explicit disclosure of the originator of the candidly malevolent email

Cheers :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
howlinwolf
Club Player

Good yet again TOT.
I'm impressed with your expession and diction considering the time of night and the "think music" :-)

Your description of events does not surprise me at all. Taking the P15S out of the StKFC is almost a sport and rates well.
Never let truth get in the way of a good story as they say.

The really infuriating thing is the damage in reputation and loss of revenue at a critical time this does.
I'm sure this behaviour is illegal but we'll just trudge off and wear it as usual.
The power clubs would not put up with it. I'm sure Eddie would see to that if it were his club.

Thanks again TOT :-)

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Disgruntled former employee/player or current employee/player, or very recently made former employee?

Either way, to send out that e-mail was treachery. If that person is still employed at the club, they should be moved on immediately, irrespective of whatever value they are perceived to be to the club.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Excellent stuff TOT! The rats need to be exposed.

Although it's only a game, what they are doing is not a game.

PJ
SS Life Member

Always a good read TOT. Love your work.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for that excellent post TOT. When you can verify your info please exposé the rat publicly for the sake of the rest of us who are sick of our club being slammed by "reliable sources" or " people who know" but are not willing to prove anything.

I know we are in for a tough few years but it would be good to know thf club is all headed in one direction together, and that's up he ladder.

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If this is true Mark Fine should apologise on air, and or should be immediately taken off air,

After ToT efforts on Essendope I would trusts his words over any others.

Look forward to names being named.

If anyone has this email I would love a PM. We need to expose this club traitors,

They dont love our club, they dont support it.

They want to wreck it, And I put Fine in that group if this is true.

Unprofessional fool.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Excellent stuff TOT! The rats need to be exposed.

PS: I just checked my emails; nothing!

I'm clearly not part of the Star Chamber :wink:

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Thanks for the insight, TOT........ that email must have been sent by some 2nd rater at the club.....

“Do you know the hallmark of a second rater?
It's resentment of another man's achievement. Those touchy mediocrities who sit trembling lest someone's work prove greater than their own" -Ayn Rand

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Interesting. But missive is not a word :D

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BakesFan
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:Interesting. But missive is not a word :D
????

missive [ˈmɪsɪv]
n
1. a formal or official letter
2. a formal word for letter

The noun missive comes from the Latin word missus, meaning "to send." You may have heard the phrase, "fire off a missive," meaning a note, memo or dispatch that was written and sent with urgency and conveyed an important message. It might have been a missive sent from a commander to the troops, telling them of a change in the battle plan.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Well done ToT, well said. I have heard similar things involving telephone calls to similarly "favoured" insiders. It is all very distressing.

Keep up the good work. As the dust of trade time starts to settle, hopefully we can all get the focus back on our great club. Last time I checked, Fortius quo Fidelius did not mean "White Ant the Bastards until they Capitulate".

(Oh, and BakesFan, I think you might have missed the twitter missive from SaintPav to a particularly stupid member of the press. It's not fair that you miss out, so here you go ...

Always loyal
philtee
Club Player

Thanks TOT.
I only wish I could write that well after a tankful.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The question I would like to ask TOt, is this one individual or a faction within the club who have a gripe against Watters in particular.

I love this club
BakesFan
SS Life Member

SemperFidelis wrote:
(Oh, and BakesFan, I think you might have missed the twitter missive from SaintPav to a particularly stupid member of the press. It's not fair that you miss out, so here you go ...
Cheers, SF..... should have known that kosifantutti was way smarter than that..didn't realise he/she was quoting Mr Chadwick......
Tom Chadwick is indeed a particularly stupid member of the press...well done Saint Pav.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Excellent stuff TOT! The rats need to be exposed.

PS: I just checked my emails; nothing!

I'm clearly not part of the Star Chamber :wink:
Sorry, I didn't send it to you. :mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

TOT I think we might have to start passing the hat around...I think I've asked this already however are you available for hire?...if it's a question of money I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. I could really use your talents.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Redirection to supporters?

More concern is how the club is travelling, and perhaps we are paying the price... Nothing wrong with debating it.

The club I love is heading dangerously into an uncertain future IMO

Ask yourself honestly
Which AFL club is in the most precarious situation... Essendon aside, but they are a powerhouse and will recover

I can argue that WB, North and Melbourne have made management calls that have set them on the right path and are ahead of StK.... The new clubs will succeed on the back of Hand outs....
Brisbane are also in trouble, but are a required club....

Open your eyes folks, we are in deep s***.... If you can't see it... Well?

I suppose it's too late to worry about how we got there, and I have been shredded for ever questioning management.... But lesson must be learned...

5 decisions were detrimental to this club imo

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Disgruntled former employee/player or current employee/player, or very recently made former employee?

Either way, to send out that e-mail was treachery. If that person is still employed at the club, they should be moved on immediately, irrespective of whatever value they are perceived to be to the club.
I could hazard a guess, but the name that I keep coming up with is still there. Unless of course it is Gram, but his form is more of the twit.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It appears that we are in need of a very good Pest Exterminator to rid us of these White Ants !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Interesting. But missive is not a word :D
????

missive [ˈmɪsɪv]
n
1. a formal or official letter
2. a formal word for letter

The noun missive comes from the Latin word missus, meaning "to send." You may have heard the phrase, "fire off a missive," meaning a note, memo or dispatch that was written and sent with urgency and conveyed an important message. It might have been a missive sent from a commander to the troops, telling them of a change in the battle plan.
He is correct. Missive is not a word as verified by a top shelf journo.

Great OP.