Delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footynut
Club Player

Delistings

We have to delist at least 1 more player so we can promote Curren to the Senior list.
Who do you think it will be and do you think there will be anyone else cut?

I personally think that they will delist TDL so they can promote Curren, as well as Dunell with the intent of picking up Garlett in the PSD. They also tell Dunell that he is a chance of being piced up again in PSD.

Jolly will be rookied so wont affect our senior list.

That leaves us with one more issue... what to do with Ferguson. He has been on the rookie list for 3 yr so needs to be promoted or delisted

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Delistings

I think the acquisitions of Bruce and Delaney should mean the end for Ferguson. It seems like he can potentially play two roles - tall/medium stopper or rebounding half back. He's now behind Fisher, Dempster, Roberton, Gilbert, Gwilt, Bruce, Delaney, Simpkin, Newnes and Webster in one or both of those roles.

I'd be very happy if we rookied Jolly, though I wonder if he'd accept a rookie list spot and wage. It's mind-boggling that Dunell didn't get more of a go this year. Like Ledger, we just don't know how good he is. His VFL form was strong and his few senior cameos were promising but you can't really make a call from those. If Curren wasn't given a game until round 22 then he'd probably be on most people's chopping list as well. Dunell ticks plenty of boxes - good skills, smart decision-making, kicks goals, fairly quick and very versatile. The question is can he find a position to make his own and beat an AFL opponent more times than not?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I think the acquisitions of Bruce and Delaney should mean the end for Ferguson. It seems like he can potentially play two roles - tall/medium stopper or rebounding half back. He's now behind Fisher, Dempster, Roberton, Gilbert, Gwilt, Bruce, Delaney, Simpkin, Newnes and Webster in one or both of those roles.

I'd be very happy if we rookied Jolly, though I wonder if he'd accept a rookie list spot and wage. It's mind-boggling that Dunell didn't get more of a go this year. Like Ledger, we just don't know how good he is. His VFL form was strong and his few senior cameos were promising but you can't really make a call from those. If Curren wasn't given a game until round 22 then he'd probably be on most people's chopping list as well. Dunell ticks plenty of boxes - good skills, smart decision-making, kicks goals, fairly quick and very versatile. The question is can he find a position to make his own and beat an AFL opponent more times than not?

Delisting Ferguson will not help as he is a rookie.
The saints need to delist 1 senior player to upgrade Curren. and 2 senior players if jolly comes onto hte senior list.

spert
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:I think the acquisitions of Bruce and Delaney should mean the end for Ferguson. It seems like he can potentially play two roles - tall/medium stopper or rebounding half back. He's now behind Fisher, Dempster, Roberton, Gilbert, Gwilt, Bruce, Delaney, Simpkin, Newnes and Webster in one or both of those roles.

Delisting Ferguson will not help as he is a rookie.
The saints need to delist 1 senior player to upgrade Curren. and 2 senior players if jolly comes onto hte senior list.
Dunnell should have had more senior games this season and is ahead of Saad, TDL and Milera in my book. He would be good on a wing or HFF as he can run and is strong overhead for his size

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Surely the club would have contacted ASADA by now to get an idea of what is going to happen to Saad. If he is going to get banned for more than six months he would be the first to go.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

List Lodgement One is due tomorrow. That may well answer some of our questions.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:List Lodgement One is due tomorrow. That may well answer some of our questions.
I think you're right. At present we have one too many on the list (I think), so one will have to go. I don't think it will Ahmed Saad just yet!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

#gosaintas
Club Player

Dunnel is no good at AFL level