2014. A year of LEARNING/IMPROVING !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

2014. A year of LEARNING/IMPROVING !!

I read an interview with Tom Hickey the other day where he stated a number of times how much he has learnt this pre-season and how much he needs to improve/learn to hold down the #1 Ruck spot in 2014 and beyond. This got me thinking about what each & every one of us can learn/improve to help OUR club.

Mine is this;

I want to do/help do as much as I possibly can to improve OUR FAN DAY activities in 2014. Last year the fan March attracted heaps of people (estimates range from 1,500 to 3,000 fans who marched around the dome). This year if we can tweak a few things here and there I can't see why we can't grow that number significantly (can you hear me, Rory). What started out as a pretty basic idea turned out to be something that now looks likely to be an annual event (this year it will be the day of the Bulldogs game).

If each & every one of us pledges to be a better supporter/member in 2014 it will rub off on THE WHOLE CLUB. It doesn't have to be much. It can be as little as buying your merchandise from the club truck instead of spending your money at Beyond Sport at Etihad and lining Essendon's pockets

GO SAINTS !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2014. A year of LEARNING/IMPROVING !!

And I thought this was a rehab post for the exorcized trio. :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I bought my merchandise from Linton Street, does that help ?
Last edited by bobmurray on Mon 20 Jan 2014 9:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I bought my merchandise form Linton Street, does that help ?
YES !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I only ever buy our merch from the club. they send it down to Linen House and I pick it up on the way home from work. Refuse point blank to buy from the store in Etihad ever since I found out it is owned by Effendum !!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Eastern wrote:I read an interview with Tom Hickey the other day where he stated a number of times how much he has learnt this pre-season and how much he needs to improve/learn to hold down the #1 Ruck spot in 2014 and beyond. This got me thinking about what each & every one of us can learn/improve to help OUR club.

Mine is this;

I want to do/help do as much as I possibly can to improve OUR FAN DAY activities in 2014. Last year the fan March attracted heaps of people (estimates range from 1,500 to 3,000 fans who marched around the dome). This year if we can tweak a few things here and there I can't see why we can't grow that number significantly (can you hear me, Rory). What started out as a pretty basic idea turned out to be something that now looks likely to be an annual event (this year it will be the day of the Bulldogs game).

If each & every one of us pledges to be a better supporter/member in 2014 it will rub off on THE WHOLE CLUB. It doesn't have to be much. It can be as little as buying your merchandise from the club truck instead of spending your money at Beyond Sport at Etihad and lining Essendon's pockets

GO SAINTS !!
Inspiring and positive post, well done Eastern!