Jack Billings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Roo12

Jack Billings

Played golf today with a teacher from Scotch who has been involved in the footy program for 30 years.

Said Jack Billings has the best skills of any player he has seen - just once touch, complete class and a booming left foot.

Fully expects him to be a star.

Also said he is a lovely kid and will be great at the club.

For what its worth - but nice to hear.

Cheers

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Billings

It certainly is nice to hear, thanks

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

He nay take time because the last two years gave been interrupted by injury. Given he gets his body right, he will be a star. And have you seen his mum? Hubba, hubba! What we call in the trade, a sharp auntie, much better than a MILF. My best mate and I coveted her from a distance at Melbourne Uni. We were never in the hunt. I ended dropping out, broken hearted.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

From the little I have seen of him his field kicking is sublime. Curiously his shots on goal have been terrible. Suspect that is more of a case of feeling rushed and trying to impress - I am hoping that he will eventually find his range in font of goal .

Predictions pre draft of him being more an impact player like Stevie J rather than a mass accumulator of possessions seem like they are on the money.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Roo12 wrote:Played golf today with a teacher from Scotch who has been involved in the footy program for 30 years.

Said Jack Billings has the best skills of any player he has seen - just once touch, complete class and a booming left foot.

Cheers
AFL is a bit different to school footy, but, lets see how he goes, lets hope he shines.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:From the little I have seen of him his field kicking is sublime. Curiously his shots on goal have been terrible. Suspect that is more of a case of feeling rushed and trying to impress - I am hoping that he will eventually find his range in font of goal .

Predictions pre draft of him being more an impact player like Stevie J rather than a mass accumulator of possessions seem like they are on the money.
Geeze, you could have fooled me. I was thinking he was a terrible kick as every kick I've seen him have on TV has virtually gone out on the full. Having said that I thought he was kicking with his right foot all the time and he is apparently a left footer (from a post further up). That may explain it then.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Will be the best player in the competition, I have no doubt. This young bloke is a once in a generation talent.

I've only made a similar call twice before. The 1st was about a bloke named Lockett after a) I saw him stand on Martin Leslie's shoulders in a practice game at the 'Bin and b) when I watched him do ye olde circle work at training at 17 years of age (did not miss 1 target, off his left or right, ever, irrespective of the distance sub 55M).

The 2nd was a bloke named Harvey. From the time I witnessed him kick 4 goals in the last 1/4 of a game at Waverley, off pure ability, at 18/19 years of age, I knew what we had in our charge.

Jack Billings is on a par, believe me. Give him a liitle time to get over the bursitis hiccough, and the stunted preparation, give him team mates who realise they have a rare talent worth protecting (e.g. when Judd and Cousins were so damn protected at the WCE), and you will see the once in a generation talent emerge.

I'm tellin' ya, this kid is exceptional. He's pure footballer.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

P.S. There was 1 player who compared with Lockett, at the same time, but slightly younger - Rodney Owen. Extraordinary football ability but crushed by family circumstance and injury. I saw him win games for us when his natural kicking leg was stuffed, so he only used his left. A true rare talent.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

P.P.S. On reflection, I think Banger may have been 17 when I saw him kick 4 in that last 1/4. Willing to be corrected.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

The OtherThommo wrote:P.P.S. On reflection, I think Banger may have been 17 when I saw him kick 4 in that last 1/4. Willing to be corrected.
Vs the Hillbillies I reckon Thommo. (Another come-from-the-clouds Saintas' effort, get close, think "What are we doing", and collapse... gotta' love our team. :lol: )

Re Rocket Rod, Thommo... :cry:

Yep, when it comes to unrealised talent, he'd be right up near the all-time top. Coulda' been anything! I remember he once kicked 6 from the HFF at Poo Park in a losing side... back in the century before we always beat Carlscum.

Now, put an (even three quarters fit) Rocket Rod into our 1991/2 sides under Bomba... would have equalled back-to-back flags. Then..., with that confidence..., I don't reckon that the 1993 implosion that followed almost straight after the Gilbo-Wizard show at Skunk Park would have happened. That would have made it three-in-a-row. And Plugga' would never have left for the Sin City Swines...

What could've been... sigh... :(

Re Jack Billings. Soooooooo glad we got him. Yep, will be a star. Limited preparation, on-going knee injury... yet still shone in the championships. :D Just wait till he's fit, settled, and has put on a few kilos...

And same goes for Blake Acres. I can cope with us not nabbing the enfant terrible given that we picked-up this bloke with that selection. Will end-up the bargain-get of this draft IMHO.

And looking ahead. It was bye-bye BJ in 2012, but I'm hoping for hello HG in 2013. 'Who', some may ask? Not who... it's Hugh. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
minneapolis
Club Player

OK Dave, I have to ask. Who is HG and why 2013 and not 2014?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Munga
Saintsational Legend

IMO his early miss kicks and pulled quad muscle are due to a lack of AFL fitness base. He'll be fine in the long run.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:OK Dave, I have to ask. Who is HG and why 2013 and not 2014?

Hugh goddard tall athletic forward in the lead up Rooey mould at Geelong Falcons. Cousin of Brendan and potential number 1 pick. Good to see little Steven is coming soon too. Hope we get him and he is as good as big bro.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... 345d1.html

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Roo12 wrote:Played golf today with a teacher from Scotch who has been involved in the footy program for 30 years.

Cheers
AFL is a bit different to school footy, but, lets see how he goes, lets hope he shines.
They all start from school footy so give him to time to mature

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Let's not forget that Jack is fully committed to being an elite AFL footballer, and has the family support as well. Last year they hired a "Personal Trainer" for him. That Personal Trainer is now OUR Fitness Chief !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

minneapolis wrote:OK Dave, I have to ask. Who is HG and why 2013 and not 2014?
Hi Minne', yep, as Gringo pointed out, I'm talkin' Hugh Goddard... early days of course, but his bio' sounds clearly the most impressive to me... nearly all the blokes listed as key position players are (currently at least) too short.

And as you pointed out, that should read 2014, not 2013. :oops:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

This is all terribly civilised - but 'golf' and 'lovely' arent two things i want to hear!

I'm sure hell be good for us - but id still prefer a rough nut from the country like Dunstan any day of the week!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:This is all terribly civilised - but 'golf' and 'lovely' arent two things i want to hear!

I'm sure hell be good for us - but id still prefer a rough nut from the country like Dunstan any day of the week!

Id prefer a chris Judd type from the city.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:This is all terribly civilised - but 'golf' and 'lovely' arent two things i want to hear!

Id prefer a chris Judd type from the city.
Maybe Billings dad should've named him Sue? :?

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

White Winmar wrote:He nay take time because the last two years gave been interrupted by injury. Given he gets his body right, he will be a star. And have you seen his mum? Hubba, hubba! What we call in the trade, a sharp auntie, much better than a MILF. My best mate and I coveted her from a distance at Melbourne Uni. We were never in the hunt. I ended dropping out, broken hearted.
Okay any pics of her then?? :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:. And have you seen his mum? Hubba, hubba! .
Yes..but............she must be your type

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
White Winmar wrote:. And have you seen his mum? Hubba, hubba! .
Yes..but............she must be your type

Rewind 30 years and you'll see what I mean. Still pretty sharp today, for a 50 year old.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Junior
Club Player

What about "one touch, booming left foot, best skills and complete class" or do you only select comments that suite your arguments.

Not to mention dedicated enough to have a personal trainer.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

One thing I am not going to get involved with is discussing his mum!
Is that out of bounds?

dedicated enough to have a personal trainer or privileged enough to have one? crocker also had a booming left foot.

Anyway im going to move on from this - hes a talented kid on our list and I bloody want to him to do well like all the other lads who get on our list! end of story.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Fellas. Leave the parents out of it.
Extremely bad form.
I think she's a "butterface" anyway.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee