Has Gilbert reinsured his foot?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Has Gilbert reinsured his foot?

I know the early call was strained ankle ligaments, but I was wondering if Gilbo reinjured his foot. IIRC it was his right foot that he hurt preseason and tonight he had the moonboot on his left. Anyone know more?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Gilbert reinsured his foot?

I hope it's insured, he may need it...

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Richo just confirmed it is an aggravation of the same injury as he had in the preseason. Not good. Thank goodness he's insured.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

No great loss. We should haver traded him two years ago.
It is the same foot and I hope he can recover quickly, but clearly he has not been exactly honest with the medical staff.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Richo just confirmed it is an aggravation of the same injury as he had in the preseason. Not good. Thank goodness he's insured.
Confirmed it was the same foot

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:No great loss. We should haver traded him two years ago.
It is the same foot and I hope he can recover quickly, but clearly he has not been exactly honest with the medical staff.
One goal kicked on him in two games, killed Cameron last week. Yup no great loss

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Now you're being silly bernie.

Gilbert injured and Robbo carrying something hurts our run and carry from defence.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Hopefully not too bad,? What happened how did he injure it? If its re broken thats his season gone...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Massive loss. His injury tonight stretched us to the limit down back. We need him now more than ever. Especially with Sammy Fisher having an Aaron Hamill type injury. Who knows if, and when they'll be back.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Gilbert re-injured his foot?

My mind boggles sometimes. If you have a stress fracture in your foot you need to be very conservative.
If hes re-cracked it- hes gone for another 6-8 weeks minimum. Or hey maybe he can have another 'miraculous recovery' and come back for another 2 games after only 4 weeks off so he can just do the same thing again. Apparently he has 'super-human' healing powers.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Now you're being silly bernie.

Gilbert injured and Robbo carrying something hurts our run and carry from defence.

We have a very good run and carry player called the Shentonator. I hope he gets a run at it if this is a LTI place that opens up. His best position is as a ball carrier out of the back line. His form at Sandy has been very good for a sustained period.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:My mind boggles sometimes. If you have a stress fracture in your foot you need to be very conservative.
If hes re-cracked it- hes gone for another 6-8 weeks minimum. Or hey maybe he can have another 'miraculous recovery' and come back for another 2 games after only 4 weeks off so he can just do the same thing again. Apparently he has 'super-human' healing powers.

Are you a doctor?

Lance or James??

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
One goal kicked on him in two games, killed Cameron last week. Yup no great loss
some great comments tonight.... Gilbo Jones the normal whipping boys post loss.... agree JB Gilbo is a big loss... hope Bruce can use this to shine.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Should have a sticky with..............is a spud
or get rid of...................
might finish up with only Lenny and Riewoldt by season's end.
Let it go Numpties!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
some great comments tonight.... Gilbo Jones the normal whipping boys post loss.... agree JB Gilbo is a big loss... hope Bruce can use this to shine.

What do you expect? Gilbo didn't even register a stat tonight....worst game ever!!!! He should have his foot sewn to his forehead as punishment. You are only as good as your last game and Gilberts was statistically a shocker. Bruce should be punished for crimes against hairdressing and left out of the team.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:My mind boggles sometimes. If you have a stress fracture in your foot you need to be very conservative.

Are you a doctor?
Are you a <edited by mods>_wit?

<warning for abuse>

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Seriously Con where do you come up with this stuff?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

What 'stuff' are you referring to exactly?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I get ya Con. A

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The guerssing game on injuries. You told everyone here just 2 years ago that Rooy was finished because of his knee and now you are telling us basically the club stuffed up on Gilbert without one bit of knowledge

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well for starters I got it off the AFL injury update for Rd 1 on the afl.com.au website under the 'Doc Larkins comments' where he said Gilbo could not possibly have recovered in time for round 1 from that kind of injury.

Thats for starters - but I could add a hell of a lot more where they came from. Its obvious the club stuffed up. And dont crap on how the club have great medical staff and crap crap crap - because they dont. It went from 4 weeks - which was based on the original prognosis and therefore probably surgeons advice - to suddenly 'test' and the club released a statement saying that Gilbo 'heals well'.
If you dont understand why that is crapola I cant be bothered explaining it. And dont tell me the club Dr is some guru. Unless you are specifically trained in orthos then you probably have nfi how to read a scan . So unless the Surgeon themself gave him a green light and halved their original prognosis (which is highly unlikely) Im guessing the club stuffed up yes. Im also guessing he took some injections to get on the park seeing he couldnt even jog 2 weeks ago.

So dont take my word for it - Doc Larkins got this one right. The club got it wrong. Just admit it and move on.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well for starters I got it off the AFL injury update for Rd 1 on the afl.com.au website under the 'Doc Larkins comments' where he said Gilbo could not possibly have recovered in time for round 1 from that kind of injury.

Thats for starters - but I could add a hell of a lot more where they came from. Its obvious the club stuffed up. And dont crap on how the club have great medical staff and crap crap crap - because they dont. It went from 4 weeks - which was based on the original prognosis and therefore probably surgeons advice - to suddenly 'test' and the club released a statement saying that Gilbo 'heals well'.
If you dont understand why that is crapola I cant be bothered explaining it. And dont tell me the club Dr is some guru. Unless you are specifically trained in orthos then you probably have nfi how to read a scan . So unless the Surgeon themself gave him a green light and halved their original prognosis (which is highly unlikely) Im guessing the club stuffed up yes. Im also guessing he took some injections to get on the park seeing he couldnt even jog 2 weeks ago.

So dont take my word for it - Doc Larkins got this one right. The club got it wrong. Just admit it and move on.

For starters Larkin would never had seen the injury so Im guessing the doctors who have seen the injury have him covered. Secondly we arent sure if its even the same injury and even if it how do you from your couch know it was because he came back to early. And if he came back to early why did it take 3 weeks to break again. These things can just happen. My point is you dont have a clue because i take it you arent a doctor and havent treated Gilbert. At least Larkins is a doctor. The problem is he has no knowledge of the injury.

And I do agree you are guessing. I do like some of your comments though. very funny. Telling me about my training or lack of it but you are in exactly the same position. The difference is I am trusting the people treating him. You are completely guessing. You do remember the Rooy staement dont you?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I hear the words "we won't play him until he is right," constantly, but the reality is that Clubs push players back as early as they can. Perhaps once again, we have "taken a chance" with Gilbo and come unstuck! Perhaps it was just "bad luck."

It now looks like a long term injury and if anyone at the Club was "taking a chance," they need to have their bum kicked :evil:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

For starters Larkin would never had seen the injury so Im guessing the doctors who have seen the injury have him covered. Secondly we arent sure if its even the same injury and even if it how do you from your couch know it was because he came back to early. And if he came back to early why did it take 3 weeks to break again. These things can just happen. My point is you dont have a clue because i take it you arent a doctor and havent treated Gilbert. At least Larkins is a doctor. The problem is he has no knowledge of the injury.

And I do agree you are guessing. I do like some of your comments though. very funny. Telling me about my training or lack of it but you are in exactly the same position. The difference is I am trusting the people treating him. You are completely guessing. You do remember the Rooy staement dont you?

Ok first you tell me Im making it all up.
Then I say I have a source so you then say my source is crap.
Thirdly we dont know what Doctors he saw and who said what - There is no evidence that someone who would know (an ortho speciality) gave him a green light - a regular club dr wouldnt have a clue.
Fourth - these are well know injuries with well known recover times - and suddenly he thought he could halve it?
When did i once mention you and your lack of training - i never mentioned you at all. You made that up you little c**k sucker.

As for Rooey - well you are very stupid bringing that up - because Its probably obvious has been getting some serious cutting edge treatment on that. And once again - brining it up just shows what s*** and naive bloke you are.

Add to that - Ive had the exact same injury as gilbo -twice- - so Im not completely guessing.

So Im saying this - there is a certain time for certain injuries that is a standard.
Why did he suddenly halve the standard? I know plenty of Drs and none of them believe in miracle cures or people 'healing' twice as fast as everyone else. Its clearly crap and the proof is in the pudding. We know for a fact it is re-injured and therefore we know for a fact they made a mistake. Its not disputable - even if you try your usual tactic of playing the man.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Are you a doctor?
Are you a f_wit?
Disgraceful and reported.

You are not a doctor, you have no idea of Gilberts current injury, and you are a foul mouthed internet hero.

Look forward to your warning :roll:

Lance or James??