well coached Richo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

well coached Richo

outstanding preparation. Got the set-ups right. Good structures. We are a well drilled, tough team to play.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: well coached Richo

yipper wrote:outstanding preparation. Got the set-ups right. Good structures. We are a well drilled, tough team to play.
Its so funny because I listened to that post saint brat posted with the bombers opposition analyst - which was very insightful so i was trying to think about the game while i watched it (I'm not very good at that kind of thing) but it seems like we played into their hands in the first 1/4 (kicking it out to their lines behind the ball) but then Richo just totally out coached them after that. Just outstanding coaching performance. They kept trying to play keepings off and sitting back passively hoping wed make mistakes and kick it to them. But we just kept forcing the issue until their structures just collapsed under our run and numbers.
sure we did make mistakes early - but as the game went on we made less and less and they were still sitting back waiting for us to make them - and we didn't. we ended up running straight through their lines or sometimes straight over them.
Was bloody beautiful!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Good thread, commentators kept mentioning how well setup we were.

I like the fact that we had the guts to leave Watson free and he wasn't that damaging, he's destroyed jones in the past when he's dragged him to full back.

Things might have been a bit different if Goddard & bellchambers had played.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

He only out coached their second string coach!(Sarcasm alert)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Good thread, commentators kept mentioning how well setup we were.

I like the fact that we had the guts to leave Watson free and he wasn't that damaging, he's destroyed jones in the past when he's dragged him to full back.

Things might have been a bit different if Goddard & bellchambers had played.
Imagine how far we would have won by with Armo and Gilbo and Fisher back in :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Very structured defensively