Free Kick count

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Free Kick count

Help me please - I cannot brain this morning - I must have caught dumb!

At three quarter time I was looking at the stats - just to see how we were going on KPI's. Noticed a disparity with the free kicks - 12 to 6.

Fair enough - I was not taking much notice - thought the umpiring was fairly good - won a few - lost a few.

However - the final tally was 13 frees for both sides.

Monty was pinged for holding and Dunstan for incorrect disposal in the first 7 minutes of the last. Again they were both there - but does that not make at least 14 frees to Essendon.

My question after watching the replay today .......

Are the free kick tallies just fudged at the end of the day to reflect the 'even-ness' of the umpiring performance????
I am not going to go back and 'count' each free given/received - but it seems that more than 26 frees were given for the game - and I know that the free is not counted if the team takes the advantage - but in both of the mentioned incidents - this was not the case.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Free Kick count

The stats are dodgy at best.

Roo was down for taking two marks i50 at one stage... He had clearly taken 4

two contested

One fro Schnieder on the lead, one from Webster

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think the stats would be about 98% correct. I think CD do stats off the replay the next day and ive heard the guy from CD say on SEN they only change around 2 to 3% of stats.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

official records state 13 all.....thought fisher was very fair....in fact i've not had a problem with the maggots all year....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ahh...

My stalker

Prove me wrong buddy... Makes you so much more superior...

Is there ever a time when you will just allow me to comment

In this case, why even respond... You're not even sure... "I think that" ... But must weigh in?

Oh, I forgot... Baiting...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Thought it was def in their favour in the first half. I think Leigh Fisher was trying not to favour his mates a little too much maybe.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ahh...

My stalker

Prove me wrong buddy... Makes you so much more superior...

Is there ever a time when you will just allow me to comment

In this case, why even respond... You're not even sure... "I think that" ... But must weigh in?

Oh, I forgot... Baiting...

Seriously what is wrong with you? i was telling sainter dad what I heard on SEN. You have some real issues. Please dont take it out on anyone today. By the way i dont have to prove you wrong. I think you can do that yourself.

Remember I quote or mention names if I am directly replying to them. Its just a nice thing to do. Chip on the shoulder.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 20 Apr 2014 10:44am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring pretty fair last night. Have had no issue this season with the umpiring and its change in direction.

P66- just dont respond, you know how it will end up, another 5 pages of you two in a pissing contest.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Help me please - I cannot brain this morning - I must have caught dumb!

At three quarter time I was looking at the stats - just to see how we were going on KPI's. Noticed a disparity with the free kicks - 12 to 6.

Fair enough - I was not taking much notice - thought the umpiring was fairly good - won a few - lost a few.

However - the final tally was 13 frees for both sides.

Monty was pinged for holding and Dunstan for incorrect disposal in the first 7 minutes of the last. Again they were both there - but does that not make at least 14 frees to Essendon.

My question after watching the replay today .......

Are the free kick tallies just fudged at the end of the day to reflect the 'even-ness' of the umpiring performance????
I am not going to go back and 'count' each free given/received - but it seems that more than 26 frees were given for the game - and I know that the free is not counted if the team takes the advantage - but in both of the mentioned incidents - this was not the case.

I think it was actually 9 to 6 at three quarter time because based on 2 frees in the last in the first 2 minutes channel 7 then had it 11 frees to 6. They get their stats from the offical stats.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I think it was actually 9 to 6 at three quarter time because based on 2 frees in the last in the first 2 minutes channel 7 then had it 11 frees to 6. They get their stats from the offical stats.
That would seem to make more sense - AFL website must have messed up in their reporting.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He's obsessed

He will respond

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He's obsessed

He will respond
I'm not trying to rile you but, I think you're becoming unhinged.

Plugger was absolutely responding on topic, didn't reference or mention you at all.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think CD do stats off the replay the next day and ive heard the guy from CD say on SEN they only change around 2 to 3% of stats.
That is not true.
CD have a team of callers and data entry folks. Stats are verified at the end of every quarter.
I've been to their offices and had the tour in a previous job at Tab. Because, as you can imagine, prompt reconciliation of stats are of great importance to the betting agencies.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think CD do stats off the replay the next day and ive heard the guy from CD say on SEN they only change around 2 to 3% of stats.
That is not true.
CD have a team of callers and data entry folks. Stats are verified at the end of every quarter.
I've been to their offices and had the tour in a previous job at Tab. Because, as you can imagine, prompt reconciliation of stats are of great importance to the betting agencies.

Yes i agree with all of that however the guy from CD, Luff, said they do change some stats after reviewing the replay. I heard him say it on SEN last year on daniel Harfords show. Not sure what stats they change. maybe its the ones the clubs receive and not the ones that are in the media.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs someone just put someone on ignore for the sake of the forum

getting a bit beyond a joke

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Some frees you dont notice, cos we may already have it and its called advantage.

I feel that sometimes this is used to even up the frees cos it doesnt influence the game. Just my opinion of course.
I find it quite amazing that most of the time the free kick count is even or just about even over all games.

Freebird
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Umpiring pretty fair last night. Have had no issue this season with the umpiring and its change in direction.

P66- just dont respond, you know how it will end up, another 5 pages of you two in a pissing contest.

What will 66 do with his life then JB?

mambo2706
Club Player

mullet wrote:Some frees you dont notice, cos we may already have it and its called advantage.
Spot on mullet. I used to think the free kick tallies just fudged as well. I now count the frees at each game and mark them in the Record. 99% of the time my figures match the stats. A lot of the time fans don't notice the frees when the maggots have called advantage.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

We got 7 frees in the last quarter. The AFL replay (afl.com.au) has them all identified.

I hope Leigh Fisher gets a GF. He's a very good umpire.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon the umpires are at their best since the mid-1960's

Rosco
Club Player

wouldn't you expect a common sense approach from the umpires now that they have a boss named Wayne?