Savage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Savage

Surely he cannot come in purely because this weeks game is in NZ?

His first 4 AFL matches in Saints colours have been nothing short of terrible. Has really shown nothing to suggest he is anywhere near the player we hoped he'd be. Thankfully getting Dunstan from the Hawks pick has evened out that trade, because Savage looks a big miss.

Templeton looks like he needs a rest (yet in terms of marketing, his image would be great to catch the NZ crowd's attention perhaps offsetting the Savage connection), CJ is on shakey ground, but with Wellar from all accounts tearing the VFL up, and Fisher one step closer, as well as Shenton, Simpkin performing consistently, and Acres being a real wild card, it'd be a very poor message from the selection committee to include Save after what was reportedly nothing more than an average game in the VFL.

Bring back memories of the Saad selection v Lions last year after the drug issue broke, which from all accounts added to the players' disillusionment with Watters. Tokenism. I'm trusting AR won't fall in a similar trap.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Savage

Totally agree. Selecting a guy because he was born in the country would be plain stupid. he did play well last week in the 2's but he had 4 chances to show something and didnt. he needs 2 or 3 games in the 2's. having said that Eli will probably be rested but maybe Milera comes in for him as he has done well in the 3 seconds games. Ross should get another chance. he only played about 20 minutes last week. Cant see chips playing. Think there will be one change and i would be disappointed if it was Savage.

PJ
SS Life Member

Savage won't come in because he is a kiwi. Richo doesn't roll that way. He may be an emergency and get used for media however. I reckon they may take a couple of our kiwis for the PR opportunity.

Reckon with Armo's injury Seb will get at least another week to show something and deservedly so.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Savage won't come in because he is a kiwi. Richo doesn't roll that way. He may be an emergency and get used for media however. I reckon they may take a couple of our kiwis for the PR opportunity.

Reckon with Armo's injury Seb will get at least another week to show something and deservedly so.
Fair calls.
Only possible change I could envisage is giving Templeton a rest and bringing in Savage or Milera. Milera would probably kick a few v Lions and has been consistent in VFL.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we'll go in unchanged. Eli sub, Ross starting 21 and Sav an emergency.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

what did we get for McEvoy again ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:what did we get for McEvoy again ?

Billings and Webster.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Billings and Webster.
We already had Webster, didn't we? Pretty sure he played last season.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I reckon they will pick savage, Richo may be reluctant form wise, but the marketing side of this game is huge.

Jones & Templeton could easily make way this week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Billings and Webster.

Did he? I didnt see us play last year. i thought we got Webster and Lee for Ben.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Billings and Webster.

Did he? I didnt see us play last year. i thought we got Webster and Lee for Ben.
I seriously can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

I seriously can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse.

Seriously? Firey was making a joke of how many times people have asked who we got for Ben. Why are people so serious on here. have some fun. The doctors keep saying you live longer by laughing.

You may not think I understand the game but surely you would know I have a pretty good handle on when we recruit players.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Seriously? Firey was making a joke of how many times people have asked who we got for Ben. Why are people so serious on here. have some fun. The doctors keep saying you live longer by laughing.

You may not think I understand the game but surely you would know I have a pretty good handle on when we recruit players.
Yeah...Seriously...Not all of us read every post on every thread...
And never underestimate the importance of a well placed emoticon to convey sarcasm.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Seriously? Firey was making a joke of how many times people have asked who we got for Ben. Why are people so serious on here. have some fun. The doctors keep saying you live longer by laughing.

Yeah...Seriously...Not all of us read every post on every thread...
And never underestimate the importance of a well placed emoticon to convey sarcasm.

I quote but use emoticons. Leave it up to others to decide what is crap and what isnt. Most of mine is crap. By the way emoticons with the rolling eyes really give me the s***s. reckon they are rude and when they are multiple they are very rude. Most of the others are fine IMO but choose not to use them.

Interested in what you think about savage this week because apart from not agreeing with things you say off the footy field I rate your opionion about the game. No sarcasm there by the way.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

With Schneider suspended will play IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:With Schneider suspended will play IMO.

Yep. The previous stuff written is probably null and void now.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Cant see chips playing.
Why?
Surely if he's not fit enough, someone of his ilk should not spend too much time in the 2's

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Why?
Surely if he's not fit enough, someone of his ilk should not spend too much time in the 2's

Because 2nd up on a 6 day break isnt ideal IMO. They will obviously know how he has pulled up better than me but its just my opinion on the 2nd up rule. And surely if he is not fit enough he should spend time in the seconds. I dont get what you are saying there.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I think the marketing value of playing a countryman that has zip profile or established star qualities is significantly over estimated. Just can't think how Savage could be used in the NZ media build up to the game.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Why?
Unless like for like injury I reckon they'll give him the extra week with making minimal changes to a winning team in mind.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

savage may replace schneider

saint4life
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:By the way emoticons with the rolling eyes really give me the s***s. reckon they are rude and when they are multiple they are very rude.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
plugger66 wrote:By the way emoticons with the rolling eyes really give me the s***s. reckon they are rude and when they are multiple they are very rude.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8-)

You very very very very very very very very very very very rude man.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
Why?

Because 2nd up on a 6 day break isnt ideal IMO. They will obviously know how he has pulled up better than me but its just my opinion on the 2nd up rule. And surely if he is not fit enough he should spend time in the seconds. I dont get what you are saying there.
I meant not fit enough for the 1's, obviously a big step up…
6 day break yeah maybe, but I would like to see him get a game or two before the Hawks and co coming up...

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Interested in what you think about savage this week because apart from not agreeing with things you say off the footy field I rate your opionion about the game. No sarcasm there by the way.
I watched the VFL and this week and whilst Savage's game was fair it wasn't a stand out and I'd rather see Weller promoted. His game was outstanding. Not only in his ball winning ability but also his leadership on the field. Shenton's was very good too but with Fisher coming back the need for another defender isn't there yet. Loved what I saw from Acres too. That boy has some promise.