Dawson or Delaney?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dawson or Delaney?

Your choice

I liked Zac and he was vastly underrated by Saints supporters but have to say right at now

Delaney

what say you?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dawson or Delaney?

Dawson at his best but you never know how much improvement delaney has in him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Delaney because he's at our club now. Back him in.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

One on one Delaney is very good but his disposal is not as good as Zac's who is a really good kick.

Delaney.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dawson is a crap kick. Shanks it

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Dawson's a better one-on-one defender and is taller. He's also a significantly better kick - Delaney's been very messy so far.

But I have hope that Delaney will show good improvement over the next couple of years, he has ok raw materials.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dawson is also a knucklehead. Glad he left.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Dawson is a crap kick. Shanks it

Zac wasn't a bad kick, he was more frustrating because he wouldn't kick. He'd hand ball when he could have got it on his boot. Delaney had a couple of shocking kick ins that have made me nervous but he's been good since.

FQF
SS Life Member

They are both serviceable, and Zac served our club admirably. Very early days for Delaney so hard to tell, but based on preliminary observations, Zac was more reliant on team defence whereas Delaney probably backs himself in one on one to win the contest.

I think Zac still probably plays with a lack of confidence and insecurity even though he has earned the right to play with his head held high.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:They are both serviceable, and Zac served our club admirably. Very early days for Delaney so hard to tell, but based on preliminary observations, Zac was more reliant on team defence whereas Delaney probably backs himself in one on one to win the contest.

I think Zac still probably plays with a lack of confidence and insecurity even though he has earned the right to play with his head held high.

penny.....the other two are both spuds if you ask me.....mr and mrs potato head......and you don't have to ask which one is the sissy of the two.....

...still...i've got hopes for delaney.....wasn't to 'orrible last week......bruce will be better than both of them..imho....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
FQF wrote:They are both serviceable, and Zac served our club admirably. Very early days for Delaney so hard to tell, but based on preliminary observations, Zac was more reliant on team defence whereas Delaney probably backs himself in one on one to win the contest.

penny.....the other two are both spuds if you ask me.....mr and mrs potato head......and you don't have to ask which one is the sissy of the two.....

...still...i've got hopes for delaney.....wasn't to 'orrible last week......bruce will be better than both of them..imho....

Good stuff Stinger.

periosaint
Club Player

I met Dawson once at a Saints function. Friendly but a real dimwit, he basically told me about his lack of contract negotiations and that he would probably leave - and I had just met him.
Delaney by a mile. Will only get better. Just needs more confidence in his kicking

I promised my daughter a flag before she turns 5!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Good stuff Stinger.
Always rewarding reading.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Dawson is a crap kick. Shanks it

Zac wasn't a bad kick, he was more frustrating because he wouldn't kick. He'd hand ball when he could have got it on his boot. Delaney had a couple of shocking kick ins that have made me nervous but he's been good since.

Exactly. The bad kick Zac is a myth.

Decent left foot kick.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

hard question as they play in different sides !
In so far as , Dawson played in a very talented st kilda side , one that was top four material .
Delany plays in a st kilda with a couple of legends and allot of kids with potential .

I just hope delany plays 200 games for us and can become as good as a Max Hudghton .

In red white and black from 73
Freebird
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Good stuff Stinger.
Have to agree with stinger re dawson 66.

For a league footballer he was very average...the reaon why he did not kick was his own side did not want the ball in his hands.
Loved the way he handballed behind players too. Zac had height pace and leap but not the footy brain. Would struggle for a game in any other but a lyon coached side.
JB thinking he's a good player is a big indication dawson is a hack'

<warning for baiting>

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Good stuff Stinger.
Have to agree with stinger re dawson 66.

For a league footballer he was very average...the reaon why he did not kick was his own side did not want the ball in his hands.
Loved the way he handballed behind players too. Zac had height pace and leap but not the footy brain. Would struggle for a game in any other but a lyon coached side.
JB thinking he's a good player is a big indication dawson is a hack

He was voted our best player in a three game finals series in 2009. Dont think hacks fluke those awards. he is gone so he is a hack. who are the current hacks in our side? or do we only have good players now?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Penny what? Penny for your thoughts?

Zac is not a hack.

Some of you blokes need to get a clue.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Freebird
Club Player

We nearly won a grand final with 3 hacks

Zac was there for the oppositions amusement and he did not fail to deliver

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Zac easily at this stage.........

performed well in finals including GF

Delaney not really tested yet, in H/A let alone a finals game and a GF.

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:We nearly won a grand final with 3 hacks

Zac was there for the oppositions amusement and he did not fail to deliver

I have no idea what 3 hacks you mean but i do know Zac was rated our best player in the finals series in 2009. Instead of just repeating yourself, can you explain how a hack can be voted best player over 3 games especially in finals where the big boys play.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think it's pretty early for a comparison...

Dawson is at the peak heading towards the end of his career

Delaney is only really at the start of his having just for the first time become a starting 22 player

avid
Club Player

Dawson is/was a very substantial full back.
Grand final full back for two of the greatest defenses in history must indicate something.

I remember him as a good long raking kick too.

Delaney has shown some good signs, but he's hardly been tested at all yet. He needs to stand up in big games against big sides before we can say.
He's let go several terrible kicks too that I've seen.

So at the moment Dawson would be miles ahead in any rating.

But I'm really glad to have Delaney -- he's starting to look good, and solid, and he's doing better than I expected.

Looks like he could be part of a pretty well-driven defense. The future looks really exciting. Looks like he's going to be a part of it, so I'm becoming a big fan.

Can barely even look at Dawson on TV since he defected.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Your choice

I liked Zac and he was vastly underrated by Saints supporters but have to say right at now

Delaney

what say you?
Delaney...

Fortius Quo Fidelius