Lack of composure

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lack of composure

Just handed ... Well they earned it ... But just handed a team not much better than Fitzroy 95 on paper possibly their only win for the season and lost the earned respect from the week before

We controlled the play for 70% of the second half and just blazed either inside 50 or at goal????

Some obvious examples, but the lack of composure and polish going forward was ridiculous.

Sometimes you've just got to stand up, take responsibility and deliver

Players just throwing the ball on their boot out of desperation and panic s*** me, because under pressure they fall apart....

Billings will obviously learn from it...

But the lack of system entering F50 through the middle and anxiety when having a crack at goal
Was evident and disappointing

Brisbane are decimated and not any good to start with ... Should have been a comfortable win

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lack of composure

Agree. We really missed Schneider or anyone else up there who can kick a goal. It goes down as one we should have won but didn't

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We missed Schneider tonight.

We would have nailed a couple.

Milne would have had a picnic.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i blame a slippery ball
i blame two 6 day breaks

i dont blame composure
farren ray kicks the goal we wouldnt even be discussing composure, we'd be celebrating the win

oh well
win last week when not expected to
lose this week when expected not to
all evens out

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Too much fumbling and too many turnovers, especially from experienced players like Gwilt.
Saunders needs a rest.
Keep getting games into Ross and Savage they need a run at it.

Freebird
Club Player

In attack we need forward/midfield players presenting and wanting the ball. They all stand back and wait for the captain to lead so we have 1 presenting with 3 oponents and everyone else reacting after the kick to nick...likely on the boundary. How can we score decent totals with this attitude.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

They looked stand offish for most of the first half...that's were it was mostly lost IMO.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i blame a slippery ball
i blame two 6 day breaks

i dont blame composure
farren ray kicks the goal we wouldnt even be discussing composure, we'd be celebrating the win

oh well
all evens out
So we're even, Jack Steven!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:In attack we need forward/midfield players presenting and wanting the ball. They all stand back and wait for the captain to lead so we have 1 presenting with 3 oponents and everyone else reacting after the kick to nick...likely on the boundary. How can we score decent totals with this attitude.
True, but have a look at Joeys mark and goal.

Reiwoldt was on a lead about 60 out and berated Newness for not kicking it to him.

Look it can be a double edged sword. Riewoldt is a fantastic target that demands the ball, however tonight he was double teamed so we needed to look for other alternatives.

A young bloke like Newness may not take the Montanga option next time and be Reiwoldt conscious.

On a night like tonight it would probably cost us a point

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
PJ
SS Life Member

I thought we demonstrated great transition footy tonight.

We transitioned effortlessly from laughable effort to laughable skills.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

What we lacked tonight was a big experienced key defender and a reliable second forward option. Having Fisher there tonight at CHB would certainly have not allowed Brisbane to skip out to what turned out to be a match winning 5 goal lead in greasy conditions. If Schneider had played we would have had that second marking option up forward, who is also dangerous at ground level. In those final six minutes, and with the ball in our forward 50 as often as it was, Schneider would have iced the game for us.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

What we lacked tonight was a big experienced key defender and a reliable second forward option. Having Fisher there tonight at CHB would certainly have not allowed Brisbane to skip out to what turned out to be a match winning 5 goal lead in greasy conditions. If Schneider had played we would have had that second marking option up forward, who is also dangerous at ground level. In those final six minutes, and with the ball in our forward 50 as often as it was, Schneider would have iced the game for us.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

The one who really worries me about composure is Geary. He plays on a lot and runs himself into trouble. Its a double edged sword because he can give us some run and dash out of defence. But his ball usage and vision seem poor.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Just handed ... Well they earned it ... But just handed a team not much better than Fitzroy 95 on paper possibly their only win for the season and lost the earned respect from the week before

We controlled the play for 70% of the second half and just blazed either inside 50 or at goal????

Some obvious examples, but the lack of composure and polish going forward was ridiculous.

Sometimes you've just got to stand up, take responsibility and deliver

Players just throwing the ball on their boot out of desperation and panic s*** me, because under pressure they fall apart....

Billings will obviously learn from it...

But the lack of system entering F50 through the middle and anxiety when having a crack at goal
Was evident and disappointing

Brisbane are decimated and not any good to start with ... Should have been a comfortable win
decimated yeah; but then so are we - no gilbert, schneider, fisher, armitage. And they did only lose to Geelong at Geelong by a point in the final match last year ( and the goal was touchec right on the line).

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We have lost 4 players who have composure..... With the footy

2 are at rival clubs
1 returning from injury in the VFL and 1 suspended

These players choose the right option more often than not, and are cool with the footy in hand and not rushed

Composure concerns
Geary, Saunders, Steven, Ray, Curran, Hickey, Jones, Delaney

All of those players need to simplify and take the first presented option IMO

oldie60
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:The one who really worries me about composure is Geary. He plays on a lot and runs himself into trouble. Its a double edged sword because he can give us some run and dash out of defence. But his ball usage and vision seem poor.
Unfortunately with Gears and a number of other younger kids is they have no opposite side. Geary continually cuts back to his right at every opportunity which you can't get away with in todays game as the pace and the numbers at the contest cause the poor vision and continual turnovers.I really rate Geary but this maybe something he needs to work out as he has been in the system for a few years now.

ace
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i blame a slippery ball
i blame two 6 day breaks

i dont blame composure

oh well
all evens out
You forgot goal umpire calls Johnathan Brown for touching the ball instead of awarding a goal.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA