No one's at the game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milne
Club Player

No one's at the game

40 minutes to go and only about 5-6k in the Stadium.

Also James Sherry is not really a saints fan :(

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: No one's at the game

We're all at The Nixon.

God_Nel
Club Player

You're not wrong, yet us general admission plebs get shoved up the back. Medium demand game my arse. I don't think this game will be on the fixture next season.

Milne
Club Player

Must be a long wait at the bar if there's 30 thousand people there lol.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'm here milney, just waving now - I'm the guy in the saints scarf...

Hopefully a few more come in

Playon
Club Player

School night/ work night. These games aren't good for the club at all.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

What' stone point of this game on a Monday? Is there anything in Melbourne happening?
Or just the afl screwing us over again? Not even on fta up here.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Waste of time this Monday night shyte

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

My wife said the kids can't go because of NAPLAN and I couldn't find anyone else to go with.

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

At $40 a ticket, will put many people off..

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Been happening since 2009 now, get over it! I think It is good.. Some people need to toughen up...

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Disappointed it's not on FTA. Sure it has been the last few years.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Havnt we usually got 40k here other years?

We are going s***, as are Carlton so the crowd will be s***.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Consider yet again the club has yet again been duded by the AFL.

Consider the who're point of the Monday night game allegedly was that no-one was going to games on Mothers Day so a Sunday arvo game was shifted to Monday night to attract a bigger crowd.

Well the bye has kicked in, one game yesterday in Perth and no game in Melbourne. And now we're on a six day turn around again.

Tonight's crowd was 26 000, and I didn't see a kid under about 15 years of age because it's a school night and I wonder how many senior citizens wanted to venture out late at night on the train.

Give this stupid game up to some other sucker to lose money on.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Consider yet again the club has yet again been duded by the AFL.

Consider the who're point of the Monday night game allegedly was that no-one was going to games on Mothers Day so a Sunday arvo game was shifted to Monday night to attract a bigger crowd.

Well the bye has kicked in, one game yesterday in Perth and no game in Melbourne. And now we're on a six day turn around again.

Tonight's crowd was 26 000, and I didn't see a kid under about 15 years of age because it's a school night and I wonder how many senior citizens wanted to venture out late at night on the train.

Give this stupid game up to some other sucker to lose money on.

Will cost us about $80 000 for the privilege. Good deal.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

i was on level 1 aisle 30 fraak what a shocker.... where do i start.... no forward line no pressure shiit kicks shiit hand balls Stanley headless chook... OMG and the scum where just as bad... just the better rubbish of the two out there tonight...

i have to come to terms with it now... we're in a heap thought the brisy game was a one off but we looked cooked.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:My wife said the kids can't go because of NAPLAN and I couldn't find anyone else to go with.
I had to leave the kids at home for various reasons and went on my own. Next time we can have a date.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
MrCordz
Club Player

I walked the ground waiting to meet a mate - 60 - 40 Carlton Easy - their side of the ground was electric ours was family respectful and gentle - and this was in the third quarter - our supporters have become intellectual appeasers - Bring us the Frankston/Dandy bogans to run the cheersquad and lets get this team tribal again FFS!!!

Humbly St. Kilda
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

MrCordz wrote:I walked the ground waiting to meet a mate - 60 - 40 Carlton Easy - their side of the ground was electric ours was family respectful and gentle - and this was in the third quarter - our supporters have become intellectual appeasers - Bring us the Frankston/Dandy bogans to run the cheersquad and lets get this team tribal again FFS!!!
Great summation of our CBF supporters. No tribalism at all.

And did we have a cheersquad last night, or were they the 20 fans behind the goals with floggers?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Disappointed it's not on FTA. Sure it has been the last few years.
Yeah it was last year. But the shortened round means foxtel get an extra game I guess. Happens every time there's a split or short round.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Meanwhile over at Aisle 38, halfway through the third quarter, the aisle attendant thought it was a pretty good idea to let the three Carlton supporter in to sit in the back row behind us.

In her words "The game is nearly over and they'll be quiet" when I challenged what was going on.

Hell hath no fury than a supporter who has paid $500 for that seat and they haven't paid anything more than General Admission, so the Carlton supporters left and went back to standing behind us. But not before they gave a comforting hug because the Wicked Witch of the East of Bentleigh (me) had given her a hard time.

Then at the three quarter time break the whole situation got a whole lot worse. My fellow seat holder called her over and explained yet again they shouldn't have been allowed in.

Her response was "I work here, I know the rules and I can let them in blah ,blah,blah" not one scintilla of customer service, no ability to conciliate the issue, just got the "i work here you don't and it's not a reserved seat area. "

I know you're probably asking if that's the case how come she was checking the seats at the start of the game? I have no idea but if you schmooze the aisle attendant she'll bend the rules and to hell with anyone who tried to point out its. "Reserved seat area".

But I wanted to thank the two other ladies who went off to get a supervisor to sort out the situation with the aisle attendant. (Kathy who I've heard on Sen maybe?) and the other woman, I don't think you got much sympathy or assistance from the Stadium management but at least you tried to help out.

We've put up with a lot of crap in regards to Aisle 38, but I've never encountered an Aisle Attendant who couldn't understand her obligations to us, not the three yobbos behind us.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Her response was "I work here, I know the rules
You should ask for her name and her supervisors name trace…

In fact you could still easily ring up and complain, describe the gate and the person attending, I'm sure they'll have a record.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Meanwhile over at Aisle 38, halfway through the third quarter, the aisle attendant thought it was a pretty good idea to let the three Carlton supporter in to sit in the back row behind us.

In her words "The game is nearly over and they'll be quiet" when I challenged what was going on.

Hell hath no fury than a supporter who has paid $500 for that seat and they haven't paid anything more than General Admission, so the Carlton supporters left and went back to standing behind us. But not before they gave a comforting hug because the Wicked Witch of the East of Bentleigh (me) had given her a hard time.

Then at the three quarter time break the whole situation got a whole lot worse. My fellow seat holder called her over and explained yet again they shouldn't have been allowed in.

Her response was "I work here, I know the rules and I can let them in blah ,blah,blah" not one scintilla of customer service, no ability to conciliate the issue, just got the "i work here you don't and it's not a reserved seat area. "

I know you're probably asking if that's the case how come she was checking the seats at the start of the game? I have no idea but if you schmooze the aisle attendant she'll bend the rules and to hell with anyone who tried to point out its. "Reserved seat area".

But I wanted to thank the two other ladies who went off to get a supervisor to sort out the situation with the aisle attendant. (Kathy who I've heard on Sen maybe?) and the other woman, I don't think you got much sympathy or assistance from the Stadium management but at least you tried to help out.

We've put up with a lot of crap in regards to Aisle 38, but I've never encountered an Aisle Attendant who couldn't understand her obligations to us, not the three yobbos behind us.
The aisle attendants are just attendants not security, and I get that. However , they have no backup if something goes wrong. All the security are on the ground to stop us
all from jumping the fence and killing the umpires. What ever happened to that phone number you can ring if there is trouble or is that just at the mcg.

If I was you I would ring the club and instruct them to contact edihad to advise their attendants that we pay to sit with saints supporters. This has happened a lot in the past
and they got quite good at checking tickets.

The club should also ask etihad what the attendants do if there is any trouble. They dont have walky talky's so what do they do. I do love how the security or the police
walk down the aisle with 2 minutes to go in the game.

As a saints supporter, I would no sooner want to go and sit in another clubs inner sanctum than fly to the moon. These people are obviously there to cause trouble
and it bugs me that they get their thrills doing this. People need to respect each other, doesnt happen much anymore.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Stuff those useless gate attendants. Half of them are clueless. Ignore them if they can't do their job properly.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saints94
SS Life Member

I'm going next week, it will probably be worse..