Etihad staff

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

winmar07

Etihad staff

Useless bunch. Had some Carlscum supporters plonk themselves in our reserved Seat Social club area on Level 2 last nite and then started harassing an elderly couple and their son.
Luckily for the saints trio , we stuck fat with them and the slow moving "workers" finally moved them off. One of the Carlscum then started to shape up to the young sainter and my young fella had to "politely" point out the exit to him.
BTW, their female companions were no ladies!! No wonder people aren't going to the football, it's a lot safer to buy a Fox Footy subscription!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Etihad staff

Thank goodness we only play this mob once this season (once TOO often for mine incidentally)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Don't think I saw one kid at the game last night. Not exactly family friendly on a Monday night.
The staff, or systems, are nothing short of deplorable.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I have seen this happen many times - just when you go to the footy to enjoy the game, have a shout and a few laughs with likeminded people - in your reserved area, and then a few loud-mouth (they always seem to be loud-mouths) opposition supporters lob - end of a nice day/night :x

A pal of mine had his wife and kids abused so much, that he will never attend a Collingwood match again !

sainter27
Club Player

Winmar07, that bloke shaping-up may have been me, if not essentially the same thing happened last night
to myself and my parents. It is just a disgrace that we pay so much for reserved seats that we have to put up with
that.

winmar07

If that was you Sainter 27, Good for you for sticking up for yourself and your parents! We were close to the action and had you covered! Fortius Quo Fidelis!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I've already posted my experience re interlopers with the staff on another thread "Where is everybody" or alike entitled thread.

I give up when you are dealing with someone who is so absolutely clueless when it comes to customer service in dealing with those who are paying money to sit in a reserved area away from the opposition drop-kicks especially when she takes sides with the interlopers all because they gave her a hug!

In some ways it's comforting that I wasn't alone in trying to deal with this issue.

sainter27
Club Player

Great to know mate

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Junction Oval wrote:I have seen this happen many times - just when you go to the footy to enjoy the game, have a shout and a few laughs with likeminded people - in your reserved area, and then a few loud-mouth (they always seem to be loud-mouths) opposition supporters lob - end of a nice day/night :x

A pal of mine had his wife and kids abused so much, that he will never attend a Collingwood match again !
We too have come to the conclusion, never again will we attend a Collingwood home game.

The stories, apart from ours of that game best entitled "When Harry got a free kick" was wide but not varied in St Kilda supporters dealing with some unsavoury adults and children, to the point never again we will go that game.

sainter27
Club Player

I know that my mum could not concentrate on the game in the first half because of those
Carlton people behind us (it was sniping abuse) as she told them as they arrived that it was a Saints social
club area. Myself and my father made sure the Etihaad staff knew of the problem but nothing was
done until late in the 2nd term. I will and did not allow my mother to become a victim of stress and be
intimidated at a game footy, in seats that we have enjoyed watching the Saints since 2002

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Don't think I saw one kid at the game last night. Not exactly family friendly on a Monday night.
There were plenty of kids, they were all manning the aisles as attendants of etihad.

Seriously, if something really breaks out, what are they going to do. All the "security" are on the boundary, and they have no contact devises like walkie talkies.
It is a joke, and the whole reason they are supposed to be manning the aisles is to make sure every one is sitting in their proper seats.

Write to the club and complain, or ring. I did years ago and it seemed to work for a while.

I hope whoever's mum it was is ok. People are so disrespectful these days. The carlton supporters who found it necessary to barge down aisle 37 after the game, while
some older supporters struggled up the stairs particularly angered me last night, one in particular looked quite shocked as I pushed him into the seats and told him to give
way to the elderly.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Don't think I saw one kid at the game last night. Not exactly family friendly on a Monday night.
There were plenty of kids, they were all manning the aisles as attendants of etihad.

Seriously, if something really breaks out, what are they going to do. All the "security" are on the boundary, and they have no contact devises like walkie talkies.
It is a joke, and the whole reason they are supposed to be manning the aisles is to make sure every one is sitting in their proper seats.

Write to the club and complain, or ring. I did years ago and it seemed to work for a while.

I hope whoever's mum it was is ok. People are so disrespectful these days. The carlton supporters who found it necessary to barge down aisle 37 after the game, while
some older supporters struggled up the stairs particularly angered me last night, one in particular looked quite shocked as I pushed him into the seats and told him to give
way to the elderly.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Thank goodness we only play this mob once this season (once TOO often for mine incidentally)
We play them again in early July