Saad original 18mth suspension stands

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saad original 18mth suspension stands

Free to be drafted next year...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saad original 18mth suspension stands

SainterK wrote:Free to be drafted next year...

I wonder if we will rookie him. Its a hard decision because I donbt anyone else will want him and he probably wont help the side but is it the right thing to do?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I wonder if we will rookie him. Its a hard decision because I donbt anyone else will want him and he probably wont help the side but is it the right thing to do?
plugger, I heard it on the radio about 15 mins ago and thought the same thing. The mature rookie thingy is made for situations like this !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

It's 25 goals that nobody else is kicking I guess

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: and he probably wont help the side?
I think we lack small quick types that have the knack of kicking goals.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'll miss the marathon run ups, but in all honesty I think we'd be better off looking elsewhere. Hopefully Saad can have a decent career whilst running out for a vfl side. Gifting a rookie spot means someone else is denied the opportunity.
If they think he's worth it then by all means, but otherwise I think fate has played its part.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Good result for him - so when can he start playing at any level again?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Good result for him - so when can he start playing at any level again?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Good result for him - so when can he start playing at any level again?
Can be picked up this draft, though not commence with said club in a full capacity until feb.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Just to clarify, but would he in fact be free to be drafted in December this year and free to train/play some time early next year?

If he were to get drafted next year then he wouldn't get to play til 2016.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Was he getting a run through the midfield in 2013?

In the end he was a talented small forward and had a rough patch.

I would pick him up. Right age bracket and see how he goes.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Just to clarify, but would he in fact be free to be drafted in December this year and free to train/play some time early next year?

If he were to get drafted next year then he wouldn't get to play til 2016.
2014 draft, play in 2015

dragit
Saintsational Legend

This is great news for him, a 24 month ban would have certainly ended any chance of an AFL comeback IMO.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:This is great news for him, a 24 month ban would have certainly ended any chance of an AFL comeback IMO.
Agree...

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

would we necessarily have first dibs at him? he should put us first (as ostensibly he let us down)?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
FQF
SS Life Member

Very interesting dilemma. Saad made a statement thanking the football club, so obviously the connection is still alive.

At the end of the day, he was drafted for a reason and did show some early promise. There were plenty of faults in his game, and he went through a rough patch, but I wouldn't be against redrafting him. I don't think we can categorically say he won't help the team — he had lots of talent, and speed to burn, so there is something to work with.

The thing that annoyed me the most about him was that he would constantly lead up at the ball carrier and demand the ball, and when delivered, he basically never held onto the mark.
On the one hand, he has a skill that very few others in the team have: knowing how to time your leads and get into good positions.
But he simply doesn't have the ability to take a mark with the pressure of a defender on his back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:would we necessarily have first dibs at him? he should put us first (as ostensibly he let us down)?

Lets be honest, i doubt anyone would want him but if they did he should go to them and forget about us and to be honest i wouldnt even waste a rookie pick on him even though I feel sorry for him.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Very interesting dilemma. Saad made a statement thanking the football club, so obviously the connection is still alive.

At the end of the day, he was drafted for a reason and did show some early promise. There were plenty of faults in his game, and he went through a rough patch, but I wouldn't be against redrafting him. I don't think we can categorically say he won't help the team — he had lots of talent, and speed to burn, so there is something to work with.

The thing that annoyed me the most about him was that he would constantly lead up at the ball carrier and demand the ball, and when delivered, he basically never held onto the mark.
On the one hand, he has a skill that very few others in the team have: knowing how to time your leads and get into good positions.
But he simply doesn't have the ability to take a mark with the pressure of a defender on his back.
Maybe Maister can give him some coaching :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:would we necessarily have first dibs at him? he should put us first (as ostensibly he let us down)?

Lets be honest, i doubt anyone would want him but if they did he should go to them and forget about us and to be honest i wouldnt even waste a rookie pick on him even though I feel sorry for him.
but would you honestly feel it would be a wasted rookie pick? you know what you get and let's not forget he has shown quite a bit of promise. he had second season blues, but hey, he still has unbelievable skills and attributes and could yet develop into a very good small forward.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Absolutely awesome news for Saady. Shame on ASADA for appealing and putting him through it. An unwarranted, unneeded diversion from the main game at Essendope.

I hope he comes back. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but I want him to have the opportunity. I have a sneaky feeling he will repay the investment in him (and his defence) in spades.

Always loyal
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:Absolutely awesome news for Saady. Shame on ASADA for appealing and putting him through it. An unwarranted, unneeded diversion from the main game at Essendope.

I hope he comes back. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but I want him to have the opportunity. I have a sneaky feeling he will repay the investment in him (and his defence) in spades.
if i told you what i really thought of asada i would be getting my third and final banning.....they went after a soft target and easy publicity....shot themselves in the foot again though

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
70s sainter
Club Player

Yeh let's hang on to tdl for one more year instead.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

stinger wrote: if i told you what i really thought of asada i would be getting my third and final banning.....they went after a soft target and easy publicity....shot themselves in the foot again though
Fear not, stinger, we're getting your vibe. And I'm not sure that there's anyone out there (save for golden boy's delusional disciples) who'd argue with you.

Always loyal
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

but would you honestly feel it would be a wasted rookie pick? you know what you get and let's not forget he has shown quite a bit of promise. he had second season blues, but hey, he still has unbelievable skills and attributes and could yet develop into a very good small forward.

Yes we know what we will get but thats the problem. I would be certain he would play some games but i reckon the rookie draft is where you really take a punt. You might get the Milne or the next Daniel Archer.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Take him back in a heartbeat. He made an honest mistake but he is only 24, 7/8 more years potentially on the list.

I would personally hate to see him in any other teams colours

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!