Administration Forum Rules

The place to discuss issues with administrators and moderators. Suggestions welcome. All bans will be posted here and the banning appeals process will be held in this forum.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Administration Forum Rules

Principle of Q'uo wrote:

are u insinuating something about my relationship with
'Confuscious' that u'd like to bring out into the open ?

I must be confused I thought that you must be friends with BackfromtheChinacafe ... because you find them funny, brilliant and they have your respect and admiration.
all of the above ... OBVIOUSLY ...i did post it in a public forum.
... yes , you are confused.

my post was about celebrating finding a little bit of joy in this fun forsaken festival of the knee high sox wearers.

how could that possibly be construed as 'BackfromtheChinacafe' is my friend.
... i dont know who he / she / it is yet.

just because i get a hearty laugh out of their work doesnt qualify in my life as meeting the requirements of friendship.

... it might in some nigel no friends world ... but not in mine.

i get a hearty laugh out of your work continually ... but i dont feel the love.
( or the sincerity or the wisdom or leadership skills ...but thats another issue)

given that you Lord around here with all the answers , the ban button and less than half a clue about whats actually going on
i ask again

i wouldnt like you to ban me on one of your whims of omniscience or some belief i speak german in my sleep.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote: Damiens contribution to building the place over the past 15 years is almost zero with comparison to the members but that is not to detract from the role he has played.

Now that is offensive and shows little regard for history. this place would not exist except for Damien and his father's funding of it for the first 3 or 4 years. The amount of work he put into building Saintsational was incredible. So powerful was this site that coaches and Presidents became contributors. The club and AFL was in complete awe. I don't want break confidentiality but there are stories that verify just how impressed these and other organisations were with what Damien built...

Personally I still believe that a news and opinion based website that allows us to integrate into facebook, twitter etc is the best way to help fans find this forum.
Hi Simon, this is all way before my time, so could you please elaborate on the bit I've highlighted in blue?

Stuff like, what actually were the (now lost?) features that created said awe, when and why were they lost, and what is stopping their reimplementation?

For example, if it's article writing...,
We have Winmar7, James Rose, SEN, Everton, Dan Warner, Borat, Loris, the ghost writer whom Pluggs sometimes uses ( :P ) and Roger Fox, if I remember correctly.
Then we have several other Saintsationalists who could also go to the top as journos'.
Bluthy, Nymeria, Rosputin and Wagga Saint come to mind also.
And I know of at least one other, who is maybe better known for his musicality and physicality (often at the same time :lol: )... but that's not where his talents finish...

And I'm only just scraping the surface with that hurried sample list, and wish to sincerely apologise in advance to plenty of others on here whom I know can really write.

PS: How could I forget? What every 'literary' site seems to need these days is a good shock-jock type... I don't need to name names, but suffice to say we have some who are 'top shelf'. :D
When Saintsational first started the speed at which it grew OUTSTRIPPED the official St.Kilda site ... leading a very interesting phone call where a certain administrator rang ... oh I can't tell that story without breaking confidences ... DAMN IT. But the club loved this place which is why coach, president and others contributed (even after they were not allowed to) and why John B came and was our guest speaker at the chinese dinner fundraiser and why club donated the signed merch to auction. As for the writers ... yes we have a talented bunch which is why I think we could get some great wensite content going on the .com

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:
I hope that adequately answers each issue raised.

Principle of Q'uo wrote:what does my exchange with u
have to do with Cairnsman.

why mention it.
... are u attempting to paint a character assination on my good self
by utilising the name of a poster u have on ignore ,
have publically proclaimed to be a trouble maker
that u have disrespected via pm and your public posts.

why mention me in the context of Cairnsman ?

or did u forget that slippery word 'friend'.

Are you saying that being associated with Cairnsman is a character assassination on you?

I think that is a little harsh personally.
why not stop pissing in my pocket , deflecting from my question , insulting my intelligence
and just answer the bloody question.

Simple.

Because you and Cairnsman are in constant dialogue together going back and forward here AND in other forums ... bouncing off each other ... time after time.

You and Cairnsman give each other context to each other.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:Principle of Q'uo wrote:

I must be confused I thought that you must be friends with BackfromtheChinacafe ... because you find them funny, brilliant and they have your respect and admiration.
all of the above ... OBVIOUSLY ...i did post it in a public forum.
... yes , you are confused.

my post was about celebrating finding a little bit of joy in this fun forsaken festival of the knee high sox wearers.

how could that possibly be construed as 'BackfromtheChinacafe' is my friend.
... i dont know who he / she / it is yet.

just because i get a hearty laugh out of their work doesnt qualify in my life as meeting the requirements of friendship.

... it might in some nigel no friends world ... but not in mine.

i get a hearty laugh out of your work continually ... but i dont feel the love.
( or the sincerity or the wisdom or leadership skills ...but thats another issue)

given that you Lord around here with all the answers , the ban button and less than half a clue about whats actually going on
i ask again

i wouldnt like you to ban me on one of your whims of omniscience or some belief i speak german in my sleep.
Insinuating NOTHING.

Just thought you were "cyber friends" ... given you admire the poster and post so much.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:My contact at that time, before and after I was a moderator (at that time) were the site administrator Battye and his co-administrator HSVKing. I did not feel it was appropriate to deal directly with Damien at that stage (despite having direct access) as my suggestions were more appropriately placed with the Administration he had charged to look after Saintsational. I respected the fact that they were charged with the responsibility and I in no way circumvented that hierarchy at any time. They will testify to that.

First of all it was not an "announcement". It was a suggestion made to garner support andf feedback. I took all feedback but it was obvious to me that you would never allow it. I never claimed at the time that I had been in contact with Damien. The fact is I diod not contact Damien until I was appointed administrator and only after I had dealt with family tragedy. And as an FYI I was not starting http://www.saintsational.com as it was already owned and administered by Damien / battye AND importantly had been active previously as a website in the early days - and as a news website it was very popular and the articles written by posters were either informative or hysterical. We went to forum only format after the website could not be sustained content wise. I felt / feel that resurrecting this website format with the ability to connect to facebook / twitter etc was a great path. You disagreed passionately. I gave up.

The PMs, threads and posts still existed. I am happy to open them up to full examination if you agree. Suffice to say I feel that I was hounded into submission.

I am certain that I made it clear that I was not necessarily opposed to your plans but argued that of equal importance next to the value created by the members was the sites independence from the AFL, club and any other external entities that may want to exert influence over the site. I am certain I offered the suggestion of putting something in place such as a constitution or some other mechanism that would then allow the site to deal with the AFL, club or other external entity in a way that clearly disclosed and protected said independence. I did not say we needed to avoid dealing with said external entities, just merely suggested putting in place something that protects one of the sites most valued commodities.

The technical issue were fixed within a month of me becoming an active moderator if you do not count the 5 - 6 weeks where I was mourning a personal loss. Even if you do count that period - it was done within 10 weeks. It is a completely different issue to "attracting new members" ... you are the one who objected to my outreach strategy. Interestingly I genuinely do not remember you ever suggesting how we could attract new members. Perhaps you can refresh my memory what your suggestions were?

Invite people with profiles to the site was one.

I agree that we would like more contributors. I disagree that we have made "little inroads" - with 19 genuine new members in one month AND some old posters coming back into the fold - the amount and quality of footy content has improved. Sometimes quality is better than quantity. However we definitely do need to have a new member outreach program.

As for your claim that the creation of the integrated website would be the death of saintsational.net - I fail to see how. Santsational.net would remain as a forum entry and would have the added benefit of gaining traffic through the website. Anyway - if you believe it would have killed the forum then you are entitled to that opinion. I disagree.

That claim was based on you diverting time and money away from fixing the problems with Saintsational.com first and I couldn't see the point in starting another website and not fixing the problems with SS first. I also was concerned that a commercial website with ties to the AFL/club would just trade of the SS name and build it's membership by diverting members away from SS.net, goes around a gain in circle and comes back to ownership and independence argument.

Also Byron I do wonder about the rights of the members based on the contribution they make. IMO it is the members that give the place it's value and standing on the social media landscape, it is the members that have built it's reputation. It is for that reason that I think there is a rightful claim to some sort of partnership and share ownership between Damien and the members.

That is a very interesting point of view. I ask these questions then:

- who owns BigFooty? The users and posters?
Big Interest Group
- who owns facebook? The users and posters?
Public Company
- who owns twitter? The users and posters?
Public Company
- who owns instagram? The users and posters?
Facebook.

All of these sites have T&Cs that you agree to before being granted membership. They make sure they can do whatever they like with your material once you agree to their T&Cs. Saintsational does not have the same contracts in place with its members.

I am not sure if I ever called anyone a nutjob (i stand corrected if I have) ... but I definitely have referred to those that abuse and bicker as "toxic" as they were killing the site. If you were offended then I assume that you feel you were included in that group. That is for you (not I) to judge. If you are offended on their behalf, then that is extremely nice of you. Anyway we have created the Animal Enclosure to allow that style of posting to exist and flourish ... AND I have never been dismissive - I have listened to ALL sides on every issue ... just because the cards don't fall your way does not mean that I or we have been dismissive. I serve the whole community, not 1 individual.

Now that is offensive and shows little regard for history. this place would not exist except for Damien and his father's funding of it for the first 3 or 4 years. The amount of work he put into building Saintsational was incredible. So powerful was this site that coaches and Presidents became contributors. The club and AFL was in complete awe. I don't want break confidentiality but there are stories that verify just how impressed these and other organisations were with what Damien built. If you somehow think that the contribution of posters whether talking about football or bickering among themselves is FAR GREATER than the contribution made by Damien, then you are simply wrong.

Well you could argue that because Damien took his eye of the ball that it lost its grounding. That claim also then supports my idea of bringing more people with profiles to the site to increase contributions. You know BFUSA your agenda against the toxic posters has made it sound like a class war at some stages. I fear that if you misread the situation and get so bogged down in being committing to a fatal concept then SS could be lost for good. Now it is one thing to create a life, but it is another to grow a life. SS has not grown into a 15 year old because of Damien, he may have created it, but the members helped grow it. Damien and its members should stand side by side in ownership and administration.

I hope that adequately answers each issue raised.

I look forward to hearing your constructive suggestions on how we can increase membership and contributions.

Personally I still believe that a news and opinion based website that allows us to integrate into facebook, twitter etc is the best way to help fans find this forum.

Come half way and I'll try and help you all I can and if you agree to that then that will mean offering as many constructive suggestions as I can. Now Simon I am sorry if I have not address everything above as I am really tired and still have some work to finish before lights out so better save some brain power. Having said that I will probably read this again and cover anything missed.

Simon

Simon
[/quote]

just awaiting completion of thoughts before responding ...

asiu
Saintsational Legend

[quote]
Simple.

Because you and Cairnsman are in constant dialogue together going back and forward here AND in other forums ... bouncing off each other ... time after time.

You and Cairnsman give each other context to each other.[\quote]

Cairnsman.
... could u please explain to me
what that gibberish is setting out to express.

... is he saying that we are working in cahoots ?
... know each other on other forums ?
WTF is he saying ?

and then , after explaining to me

before i lose my rag with this <edited by mods>

Poster warned for belittling/abuse
explain to him ....our relationship.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote: why mention me in the context of Cairnsman ?
Simple.

You and Cairnsman give each other context to each other.[\quote]

Cairnsman.
... could u please explain to me
what that gibberish is setting out to express.

... is he saying that we are working in cahoots ?
... know each other on other forums ?
WTF is he saying ?

and then , after explaining to me

before i lose my rag with this puffed up pomposity parcel
explain to him ....our relationship.
Hi POQ

Not sure what you are getting so worked up about?

I am saying that you and Cairnsman have ongoing dialogue in this admin forum and on other Saintsational forums. That is pure fact! I could compile dozens of A4 pages to print out where you guys have posted and responded to each other or commented within the same thread. I am in no way saying you are working in cohouts. Just that you have context to each other because you give each other context on this site. The fact you asked Cairnsman above - and not me - is a perfect example of how you have context - which is the issue you originally asked me to address.

Simon

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'm not worked up at all Simon.

... in fact this has the feel of Keato verses
that discombobulated Hewson about it.

I did ask you !!!!!!
... u had your go.

Start printing ... if u wanna be helpful.
I'll await Cairnsmans reply.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

I did ask you !!!!!!
... u had your go.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

I did ask you !!!!!!
... u had your go.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

POQ like all my other cyber friends are cherished.

I can see how POQ has taken umbrage to your posts BFUSA, you have a posting style that can be arrogantly antagonistic and slippery. I think you know that.

Whilst it would appear POQ and I may share similar views on certain subjects I can confirm we have never shared a banquet at the Fook Yue Cafe nor have we been to Germany together.

Maybe it is time we broke a box of TSINGTAO together!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

How do you wear cahoots and how do you work in them?

Talking about Chinese restaurants, BFUSA may be aware of a very famous restaurant in New York called the Foo King. He may have eaten there.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

balloon popping music for the faint hearted
... the Truth will set us free.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

That is pure fact! I could compile dozens of A4 pages to print out where you guys have posted and responded to each other or commented within the same thread.
dozens = more than one ... minimum 2 .. but you seem to be painting a picture of multi dozens

so lets say 3 (just to give u a fighting chance)

36 A4 printed pages of interactions between Cairnsman and POQ isnt pure fact ...its pure bulls***

back up your pure fact or otherwise i will feel free and justified in calling you a bald faced liar 'n simmering propagandist.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

where are we going

why

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:How do you wear cahoots and how do you work in them?

Talking about Chinese restaurants, BFUSA may be aware of a very famous restaurant in New York called the Foo King. He may have eaten there.
Sadly I don't know if it exists anymore but that was actually owned by a mr foo. Was just up the road from where i lived at 48th and 10th - i was on 42nd between 9th and 10th. Horrible food. Great joke. Still gets mentioned onThe Kramer Reality Bus Tour - a treat for all Seinfeld fans. Let me know if you will be in NYC during summer there as the tour is usually booked out but I have some pull. He lives in Mexico with his girlfriend during winter now. FYI Kenny Kramer attended Saints v Richmond when he was touring here and is a Saints fan with a soft spot for he Kangaroos because of another Aussie friend ... He asks how we are going.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:i'm not worked up at all Simon.

I did ask you !!!!!!
... u had your go.

I am glad you are not worked up.

All good then?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:
That is pure fact! I could compile dozens of A4 pages to print out where you guys have posted and responded to each other or commented within the same thread.
dozens = more than one ... minimum 2 .. but you seem to be painting a picture of multi dozens

36 A4 printed pages of interactions between Cairnsman and POQ isnt pure fact ...its pure bulls***

back up your pure fact or otherwise i will feel free and justified in calling you a bald faced liar 'n simmering propagandist.
Well obviously not all good.

Seems like I have a cut and paste project for tonight.

:-)

Where would you like me to send the PDF?

Simon

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
Principle of Q'uo wrote:

Well obviously not all good.

Seems like I have a cut and paste project for tonight.

:-)

Where would you like me to send the PDF?

Simon
P.S. I shall gladly apologise if I cannot find the volume I pereceived under the exact assertion made.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

something about the sunshine and on whom and where it graces itself
comes to mind
... stick your pdf file on your NEW apology pinboard ,
it'll look good with all the others that are gunna join it.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

BackFromUSA wrote:

Sadly I don't know if it exists anymore but that was actually owned by a mr foo. Was just up the road from where i lived at 48th and 10th - i was on 42nd between 9th and 10th. Horrible food. Great joke. Still gets mentioned onThe Kramer Reality Bus Tour - a treat for all Seinfeld fans. Let me know if you will be in NYC during summer there as the tour is usually booked out but I have some pull. He lives in Mexico with his girlfriend during winter now. FYI Kenny Kramer attended Saints v Richmond when he was touring here and is a Saints fan with a soft spot for he Kangaroos because of another Aussie friend ... He asks how we are going.
There was also a restaurant on the Nepean Highway at Chelsea with the same name.

Closed down now. The food apparently was a new grade of awful...... Foo King awful.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:

there is a chinese cafe/takeaway in canberra called king fook....best chinese i have ever tasted....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BackFromTheChinaCafe
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Whilst it would appear POQ and I may share similar views on certain subjects I can confirm we have never shared a banquet at the Fook Yue Cafe nor have we been to Germany together.

This must change. I book for you two banquet table......... yes, with Tsingtao bier. You will very much likey.

How about invite Bunkum and JB to join also? Yes? Good. So then, that's now booking for three?

But remember, Confucius say: take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromTheChinaCafe wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Whilst it would appear POQ and I may share similar views on certain subjects I can confirm we have never shared a banquet at the Fook Yue Cafe nor have we been to Germany together.

This must change. I book for you two banquet table......... yes, with Tsingtao bier. You will very much likey.

How about invite Bunkum and JB to join also? Yes? Good. So then, that's now booking for three?

But remember, Confucius say: take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.

Who pay who pay?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hmmmmmmmm.

... we need a big noter with an entertainment account .
where could we find one of them ?