crackers oval office

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

crackers oval office

in this weeks inside football crackers keenan just happens to mention that the ex-coach's manager colin young has been hawking another of his clients...one tommy lee around perth , attracting the interests of freo.....good...i thought lee would just be dumped eventually with no upside for the saints.....

...less amusing however was his story that the lions will make a big play for david armitage and try and lure him back to the state of his birth.......we can't really afford to lose david,....lee..??????.who cares..???..not i....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: crackers oval office

The armo innuendo has been around for a while

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Even though I wouldn't like it, the Armo to Brisbane thingy would fit in (in part) with our strategy of getting 3 picks inside the first 20 again this year. He would be worth a pick around 20 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thequarry
Club Player

Realistically, Armo is the best (though not necessarily likely) chance of us being able to trade our way to a top ~20 pick.

I'd actually been thinking about Tom Lee and potential trade value over the past couple of days. Pelchen said the focus this year is the first three rounds of the draft, so he might be a smokey to come into calculations? The way things are going you'd think he'd jump at the chance if a club told him they'd give him some good game time.
Last edited by thequarry on Fri 27 Jun 2014 7:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:in this weeks inside football crackers keenan just happens to mention that the ex-coach's manager colin young has been hawking another of his clients...one tommy lee around perth , attracting the interests of freo.....good...i thought lee would just be dumped eventually with no upside for the saints.....

...less amusing however was his story that the lions will make a big play for david armitage and try and lure him back to the state of his birth.......we can't really afford to lose david,....lee..??????.who cares..???..not i....

Thanks for sharing!

To be honest I'm not worried about losing either.

DA is never going to be an AA midfielder, nor even close. And Lee doesn't look up to it.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Be happy with a second round pick for Lee or work in a trade for Mundy. I wonder if he has been told or is wanting to get home to his mum?

Armitage be happy with late 1st/early 2nd round.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gotta laugh...lee..who we gave up a top 20 draft pick and got some change.....is not even worth steak knives these days.......pick 50+ imho......david on the other hand is worth a top 20 draft pick plus some change......but he is worth more to us than to the bears.ffs....as crackers pointed out the saints have a "drastic shortage of blokes in the 26-27 year old age bracket and can ill aford to lose a hard edged midfielder like armitage, particularly when lenny hayes is likely to retire at the end of the year and leave a big hole in the midfield ranks......"

...if the powers that be down at seaford think like some of the posters on here, it's no wonder we have gone backwards to 18th spot on the ladder.....

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:in this weeks inside football crackers keenan just happens to mention that the ex-coach's manager colin young has been hawking another of his clients...one tommy lee around perth , attracting the interests of freo.....good...i thought lee would just be dumped eventually with no upside for the saints.....
funniest thing I've read in a while

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
citywest

If Freo want Lee then they can have him plus our third round pick (pick 38 approx.) in return for their first pick (pick 14 approx.).
If Bris want Armo then we want their second round pick (pick 20 approx.) plus upgrades of lower picks.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone really think an AFL club would call Pelchen and tell him they'd like to take Lee off our hands.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Spud02
Club Player

I love how you can tell Lee will be no good after a grand total of 13 afl games....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Spud02 wrote:I love how you can tell Lee will be no good after a grand total of 13 afl games....
I love your name whilst we are talking about Lee.....

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Lee has had three years in the AFL system first year he got the arse after not showing enough ,2 nd year played about 4-5. Promising games. This year he has shown nothing all things considered 24 years old ,shoulders shot , not much going for him!

PADDLEPOP1000
Spud02
Club Player

Shoulders shot? Thanks doctor

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spud02 wrote:I love how you can tell Lee will be no good after a grand total of 13 afl games....
not hard...can't read the play...slower than my mother, ...and about half as strong,,,,,drops his marks...and his head...can't hit a target with his handballs...can't win his own ball...besides his kicking has dropped off...that exaggerated kicking style is actually embarrassing.....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
not hard...can't read the play...slower than my mother, ...and about half as strong,,,,,drops his marks...and his head...can't hit a target with his handballs...can't win his own ball...besides his kicking has dropped off...that exaggerated kicking style is actually embarrassing.....
Well said stinger, good to read a post from someone who has watched this spud play.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Why would the lions want armo ?

If they were challenging for finals i'd agree but there in the same shite as us !

In red white and black from 73
PurpleHayes
Club Player

stinger wrote:
No one was criticizing Lee last year.
Maybe he has gone backward. Maybe 2 shoulder reconstructions effected his fitness and confidence this year.
And maybe it's a tough gig in our forward line at the moment too.
We have the luxury of being able to afford him some time, given we are rebuilding.

Stinger - Tell me who lines up at FF round 1 next season instead of Lee?
You seem so go at picking out Lee's obvious flaws. Who have you then identified as a suitable replacement?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Does anyone really think an AFL club would call Pelchen and tell him they'd like to take Lee off our hands.
We can only hope!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.