Being back raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

luc1966
Club Player

Being back raph

The days of bagging the poor bloke he would be in our top three players if he were playing in this side just saying. Every side had there whipping boy unfortunately raph was a few years to early

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Being back raph

ppl laughed at me repeatedly, but I always rated him higher than Gwilt as a defender

IMO the majority of fans tend to really appreciate the flashy stuff... a 50m kick to a team mate after being handed the ball from ur team mate in the pack, opposed to running 40m to assist spoiling a team mate or winning a 1:1 marking contenst etc

Raph no doubt had marked deficiencies in his game hence why he was cut... but was a lot better then what he got credit for... despite not being particularly flashy and having poor games... over his last few seasons, was pretty consistently better then Schneider, Gwilt, Jones who have been all the rage on his forum for as long as I can remember

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

luc1966 wrote:The days of bagging the poor bloke he would be in our top three players if he were playing in this side just saying. Every side had there whipping boy unfortunately raph was a few years to early
Raph did some clangers time to time but he had balls of steel and heart... he never gave up. I always liked him thought at anytime he was going to break out.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Agree with the OP. The guy was hard done by. Always liked him as a player and was disappointed when we moved him on.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He was done when he left. People do get better when they arent playing or around. Calls to play White prove that. 4 weeks ago he was getting bagged for still being in the seconds and one ok game in the ines and he must play some say. And when he plays and fails those same will have a go at the coach for playing him and the side getting smashed.