spider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spider

don't know if this has already been posted...good read...so worth a second look...

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-08-1 ... e-they-now

...i used to love watching the spider play...

"Who do you enjoy watching the most?
Gary Ablett Jnr. He’s just the greatest player I’ve ever seen. I love watching him and whenever he gets the ball something happens. I have to follow my brother as well. As they say, they never build the second as well as they build the first! He does play at Carlton so I go and watch him a fair bit as well.

My son, who is seven now and is getting into footy, he’s a Saints supporter so maybe a father/son prospect? I’m a Saints fan. I’m a life member of St Kilda and I’m not a life member of Hawthorn or Sydney. I will always stay loyal and stay a Saints fan."

...oh the memories.......spidergirl used to give me a laugh.... :D :D :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: spider

Unfortunately he is a champion d@ckhead as well. I draw this conclusion from personal experience and dozens of anecdotes. He is no longer welcome at Hawthorn because of his dishonest dealings with a club raffle, and I'm led to believe he wouldn't be welcomed with open arms at the saints, either.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
supersaints
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Unfortunately he is a champion d@ckhead as well. I draw this conclusion from personal experience and dozens of anecdotes. He is no longer welcome at Hawthorn because of his dishonest dealings with a club raffle, and I'm led to believe he wouldn't be welcomed with open arms at the saints, either.
Spiders son hopefully inherited his dads footy genes. Gary Ablett junior turned out a far better person than his old man. Whilst spider had his issues , he's certainly no Gary Ablett snr. Good to see he would like his son to play with us.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Unfortunately he is a champion d@ckhead as well. I draw this conclusion from personal experience and dozens of anecdotes. He is no longer welcome at Hawthorn because of his dishonest dealings with a club raffle, and I'm led to believe he wouldn't be welcomed with open arms at the saints, either.
Geez man it must get cold so high up on that pedestal...

bergsone
SS Life Member

Strange they have him on saints.com then

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I never really warmed to Everitt at the Saints.

I never really rated him as a player either.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

As superss pointed out, would be great if Spider junior could do a bit of a Gary Ablett junior turn for us... sans the defection to a soulless AFL bastard-child entity.

IMHO, Spider was a very good player.

However, he should have been one of the all-time-greats.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

we haven't fared that well with really good dominating ruckmen.........ditterich, sarau and spider are the three best we have had in my lifetime......amongst the home grown ones that is.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
lewdogs
Club Player

Lost all respect for him after the racism incident. It was one of the most despicable accounts I've heard.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Would have been handy in 2004

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I will come to his defence. I was a nineteen year old and bought my first house in Elwood in 1996 and spider was my garbo he used to run behind a truck and up end bins all day then head to training. I met him up in Sydney and at the club a few times and whle he wasn't a smart guy he came across as a nice guy. He got a lot of negative attention despite himself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Would have been handy in 2004

What about 1997?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
Played hard for us but....

His parting works when left really pissed me off. He's old news I've moved on.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Played hard for us but....

His parting works when left really pissed me off. He's old news I've moved on.

Luckily players forgive more than supporters. He certainly had a few old players at his 40th.

Saints43
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:I never really warmed to Everitt at the Saints.

When he first hit the seniors he was so exciting. Could have been one of the greats of football history I reckon.

But it wasn't long until he was chucking one arm up at marking contests. Just didn't care often enough.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:

When he first hit the seniors he was so exciting. Could have been one of the greats of football history I reckon.

But it wasn't long until he was chucking one arm up at marking contests. Just didn't care often enough.

He must have cared a bit. He played nearly 300 games.

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

He must have cared a bit. He played nearly 300 games.
Had as much natural talent as just about anyone I've seen. That's what the first sentence meant. You can put them together and take a meaning from them.

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Luckily players forgive more than supporters. He certainly had a few old players at his 40th.
You make the forum like an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Thanks for sharing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Luckily players forgive more than supporters. He certainly had a few old players at his 40th.
You make the forum like an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Thanks for sharing.

I wasnt there. Wouldnt know him if he fell over me . Spoke to somone who was. Thought it maybe be releevant to the discussion. Thanks for sharing your words too. made my life so much better.

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

I wasnt there. Wouldnt know him if he fell over me . Spoke to somone who was. Thought it maybe be releevant to the discussion. Thanks for sharing your words too. made my life so much better.
I said 'thanks' and I meant it. Why get all upset and start smashing the keyboard with your fists? It's only a forum. Don't take it so seriously.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

I said 'thanks' and I meant it. Why get all upset and start smashing the keyboard with your fists? It's only a forum. Don't take it so seriously.

I also meant what I said. No idea where you came up with what you just said. Its all very strange.

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

I also meant what I said. No idea where you came up with what you just said. Its all very strange.
I assumed it from all the spelling errors. Maybe you were just anxious to get your message out there. Apologies if I misconstrued the situation.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

I assumed it from all the spelling errors. Maybe you were just anxious to get your message out there. Apologies if I misconstrued the situation.

I accept your apology. Yep spelling errors. Nearly killing this forum. Lose all credibility if you spell words wrong.

Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

I accept your apology. Yep spelling errors. Nearly killing this forum. Lose all credibility if you spell words wrong.
I didn't criticise your spelling. I said that I took the errors as a sign that you were upset or anxious - as you usually spell quite well.

Thanks again for passing on the information about Pete's party and pointing out that he must have tried a bit to have played so many matches of football as I hadn't considered that when I made my rash statement.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote: I didn't criticise your spelling. I said that I took the errors as a sign that you were upset or anxious - as you usually spell quite well.

Thanks again for passing on the information about Pete's party and pointing out that he must have tried a bit to have played so many matches of football as I hadn't considered that when I made my rash statement.

I dont think I said you critised my spelling. Looked again. No I didnt. The next statement has a couple of things wrong. I spell terribly and I certainly wasnt upset or anxious. Its a footy forum. I usually get upset when someone dies but not what is said on a footy forum. And im glad you liked the information and im glad I pointed out something you didnt consider when you made your rash statement. I didnt think it was rash but as you do I will go along with it.